[Discussion/Suggestion] The state of "Sic 'Em!" in PvP and WvW.

Lottie.5370

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Lottie.5370" said:7PpE3Pn.png*taken from a guildie

So a Soulbeast can get these stats (full asc berserker plus 25 might, easily doable in a roaming party) and then can get a 40% dmg buff from Sic 'Em. How can you not think that is too much of a damage boost? ANYTHING you hit with is going to do insane damage, I can dismount a guy with 2 autos, then rapid fire and he's dead. It is still going to do a lot of damage if you halve the skill to say... 20% dmg for 8 seconds+and not be as obnoxious as it is now.

As someone who absolutely loathes WvW with a passion, I'd be fine with all these nerfs being done to WvW. I do PvE and sPvP, and I don't run boonbeast, and I'm often alone on point wearing a zerker amulet. I rarely, if ever, have a sustained stack of 25 might, and the burst from Sic Em while I'm in frantic-survival-on-point mode is noticeable but never, ever near the OP levels you all are screaming about.

Let it get nerfed to the ground in WvW for all I care - it seems even with cutting it to 20% damage increase it would indeed still hit hard. I'm sure this is nearly impossible for the dev team to pull off, but for sPvP I'd accept a nerf to it based on how close you are to other allies, so as to preserve its current level of power for roamers who aren't leaning on other classes to buff ranger beyond recognition.

@voltaicbore.8012 said:

@"Lottie.5370" said:
7PpE3Pn.png
*taken from a guildie

So a Soulbeast can get these stats (full asc berserker plus 25 might, easily doable in a roaming party) and then can get a 40% dmg buff from Sic 'Em. How can you not think that is too much of a damage boost? ANYTHING you hit with is going to do insane damage, I can dismount a guy with 2 autos, then rapid fire and he's dead. It is still going to do a lot of damage if you halve the skill to say... 20% dmg for 8 seconds+and not be as obnoxious as it is now.

As someone who absolutely
loathes
WvW with a passion, I'd be fine with all these nerfs being done to WvW. I do PvE and sPvP, and I don't run boonbeast, and I'm often alone on point wearing a zerker amulet. I rarely, if ever, have a sustained stack of 25 might, and the burst from Sic Em while I'm in frantic-survival-on-point mode is noticeable but never, ever near the OP levels you all are screaming about.

Let it get nerfed to the ground in WvW for all I care - it seems even with cutting it to 20% damage increase it would indeed still hit hard. I'm sure this is nearly impossible for the dev team to pull off, but for sPvP I'd accept a nerf to it based on how close you are to other allies, so as to preserve its current level of power for roamers who aren't leaning on other classes to buff ranger beyond recognition.

I run zerker on mine never seen those figures with sic'em.I cannot believe main rangers are complaining about this again .Should change this game to nerf wars, that's the end game now.

@"Shiyo.3578" said:Soulbeast honestly needs to be completely redesigned from the ground up, it's a very badly designed spec in every game mode and is far too effective for how little player input and skill is required.

This is actual bullshit. Soulbeast is the exact opposite. It's an effective use of the terrible AI mechanic Anet gave rangers to begin with. It's a step in the right direction, and would only need a rework if Anet would take a look at the awful core mechanic for once in the game's lifetime.

The only "redesign" they could do with how things currently is to make pets permanent merged. Giving it a trade off with no pets at all, but pet swap available to swap between two merged pets of your choice. Easier for them to balance too. Anything else would be a halfassed attempt based on a halfassed core mechanic.

Is this thread still going?

The whole thing is really simple:

• Is burst-damage overtuned as a whole? Sure
  • Is Sic 'Em a crutch in that? Sure
  • But what do you propose in it's stead?
  • Look at what happened to the Druid.
  • It was healing support and offensive support.
  • Then they decided it shouldn't be a proper healer, so they made it half a healer and offensive support.
  • Then they decided it should be half an offensive support.
  • Recently they decided it shouldn't be half an offensive support so now it is just half a healer.
  • Look at any other healing support class, it heals and does other things.
  • The Druid only heals now, that means it must be the best healer right? Nope, it's the worst.
  • At the very least it is the worst for any mobile, active or PvP-oriented content (you know, action stuff).
  • It excels in limited position scenarios where you focus on rotations (lol, rotations, good fun, exciting).
  • Games did that in 2002, not so much in 2012. Though Blizzard dollars were high fashion in 2014.
  • Now we have an inferior product after that high and problems finding a forward direction.
  • Help find it instead of just complaining. This is a discussion forum, not a bucket (unsure if Anet knows).
  • With Sic 'Em the class has a role, some niche, without it it's just an inferior/mundane damage build.
  • Find something other than Sic 'Em to build tangible roles (and niches) around.
  • Alehin tried but that won't let it excel into a role of a stealth-sniffer, not even as a niche, try again.

Hopefully I dunced my language down enough to get my points across.

Sic 'EM it is good/ok as it is right now. It is not an OP skill. Even many ppl are pointing of that 40% damage, in reality, this one combined with ranger class multiplicators, rager weapon damage + multiplicators etc, doesn't give Ranger more damage than other classes like Mesmer, Thief, Warrior, Revenant or Guardian. Please stop complaining about this skill, you have become obsessed with it. Without that 40% damage and his 1 condi remove when it is used with Rune of Soldier, it will be useless. 6 sec revealed is garbage if you fight vs a Deadeye and many times vs any other classes with stealth because this skill must be used on a targeted enemy and before that enemy enter in stealth mode. You know very well that other classes have area reveal and they can reveal stealthed classes after they already are in stealth. When you are talking about nerfing a skill, look on the big picture, not only for 1 single thing ...

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:6 sec revealed is garbage if you fight vs a Deadeye and many times vs any other classes with stealth because this skill must be used on a targeted enemy and before that enemy enter in stealth mode.

This is an excellent point, the requirement of having a target is a big drawback to the reveal. The targets you want to keep revealed (thieves and mesmers) can easily stealth and therefore detarget. A mirage doesn't even have to stealth to break targeting.

I use sic' em on my core ranger WvW build to boost pet burst and deal with mirages/DareDevils (gaining quickness when switching to smokescale at just the right time is awesome). I read all these comments about nerfing the damage boost from 40% to 10%, or duration from 10secs to 3secs and can't help thinking that it would make this skill useless for any build NOT using Soulbeast.I understand it causes problems in Soulbeast due to all the other damage modifiers present during pet merge, but I would rather a change that doesn't have a negative impact on core ranger. As to what that change may be I am not sure but they have recently been introducing "trade offs" for elite specs. I'm not sure how much this would change things but maybe have one of the Soulbeast trade offs as only being able to use 1 pet (extra special bond with your companion type stuff).

@"GaijinGuy.8476" said:I use sic' em on my core ranger WvW build to boost pet burst and deal with mirages/DareDevils (gaining quickness when switching to smokescale at just the right time is awesome). I read all these comments about nerfing the damage boost from 40% to 10%, or duration from 10secs to 3secs and can't help thinking that it would make this skill useless for any build NOT using Soulbeast.I understand it causes problems in Soulbeast due to all the other damage modifiers present during pet merge, but I would rather a change that doesn't have a negative impact on core ranger. As to what that change may be I am not sure but they have recently been introducing "trade offs" for elite specs. I'm not sure how much this would change things but maybe have one of the Soulbeast trade offs as only being able to use 1 pet (extra special bond with your companion type stuff).

it's already pretty useless for anything not a soulbeast, and it could be nerfed just in merged form