The Little Engine-er That Could

bethekey.8314

Watched the fights and as impressive as they were at first blush I hate to say this, but the majority of the opponents were being utterly stupid. They were standing toe to toe with you and not starving you out from range. More or less fighting the battle on your terms. Even at the points where you disengaged they went out of their way to throw themselves back at you on the point when they should have waited your gyros out, downed you, then worried about the cap. Hell, some of them just seemed to stand there and do nothing. They read the patch notes, right?

Is this being posted ironically?

@Iozeph.5617 said:Watched the fights and as impressive as they were at first blush I hate to say this, but the majority of the opponents were being utterly stupid. They were standing toe to toe with you and not starving you out from range. More or less fighting the battle on your terms. Even at the points where you disengaged they went out of their way to throw themselves back at you on the point when they should have waited your gyros out, downed you, then worried about the cap. Hell, some of them just seemed to stand there and do nothing. They read the patch notes, right?

Is this being posted ironically?

This is meant to be a fun video, not the pinnacle of PvP achievement. Even good players make mistakes that, when reviewed, look dumb in hindsight and in a vacuum. That being said, the quality of players in PvP is at an all time low.

And with THAT being said, most of these games were queued up with plat 2+ ranked people. Zyn in the last clip is currently ranked in the top 10.

I didn't expect the pinnacle of anything, and understand, based on what you're saying now, that this video was made for the purpose of fun.

The message here is/was supposed to be that people will still find success no matter how bleak it looks? But what's the hidden subtext - 'So long as whoever you fight doesn't know how to fight you or doesn't even try?'

Not trying to rain on your parade here, and I don't claim to be a pvp expert (I favour WvW) but even I saw it when people in the video practically fed themselves into you, that was when they weren't just standing still. It's why I'm still wondering if they'd actually read the patch notes or if this video was made with their cooperation.

Sorry. Don't mean to give offence, but that's how it came across to me when I watched it.

I have great fun in WvW and open-world PvE in PoF-maps.blast/shredder/U/hammer/mortar guarantee almost 10k barrier constant while in fights.WvW publics and sometimes even in guild setups top-dps.

Just now I went to crystal-oasis and tried a group-event champ alone. Sadly, there you see the low single-target-damage.Within the 3 min time limit I only got him to 10%. Still no survivability issues.

I don't play PvP, but thank you for your video and build-attempts! Looks interesting. ^^

Thanks for this, though I'm still taking a break from GW2, perhaps forever. The only thing these changes have done is remind me how much ANet has changed my favorite class. I mained Engineer because I loved the idea of a steampunk themed support class using guns and deployables. I never wanted to play either a sword using glass cannon or a hammer toting roadblock. Game designers need to stop with the class bait and switch between early and end game.