Gravity Well is 2x the CD of Willbender's elite

Zenith.7301

24 minutes ago, MrAmputatoes.6031 said:

Draw Vitals (Harbinger Shroud 5 Skill) is a 20cd 4second float with no requirements compared to Weave Selfs 90s CD and 2second float?

lol sorta like Revenant staff 5 vs. Moa Signet's hysterically outrageous 180 sec cd in PvE.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Zenith.7301 said:

Same CC bar damage in PvE, double the cooldown of Guardian's elite. Another PvE balancing headscratcher.

Do both skills have the identical usage? or each have their own purpose? In that case, is it a fair assessment to simply looking at cool-down alone?

Does well of gravity require the character to be at melee range?

Does well of gravity require the character to be stuck of in animation for 1.25 second while at melee range?

In terms of grouping up foes for cleaving/aoe, which one does better?

In group play, group fight, which of the skill can be more likely the decisive move while guarantee the safety of the caster (or rather having better the chance of the skill to be successfully casted).  

These are a few of the questions to scratch head over  before making any conclusion.

Edited by quaniesan.8497
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

38 minutes ago, quaniesan.8497 said:

Do both skills have the identical usage? or each have their own purpose? In that case, is it a fair assessment to simply looking at cool-down alone?

Does well of gravity require the character to be at melee range?

Does well of gravity require the character to be stuck of in animation for 1.25 second while at melee range?

In terms of grouping up foes for cleaving/aoe, which one does better?

In group play, group fight, which of the skill can be more likely the decisive move while guarantee the safety of the caster (or rather having better the chance of the skill to be successfully casted).  

These are a few of the questions to scratch head over  before making any conclusion.

You basically listed a bunch of irrelevant scenarios because in 99.9% of a fight you're stacked in melee range of a boss, and for basically every single breakbar event-- you know, the only time you use these skills in group PvE-- range and animation time are not a factor. It's not like Gravity well also doesn't have an interruptible cast time.

Gravity well has the same effective range as Willbender's elite, which means all cleave is hitting the mobs to begin with and the only reason you use these skills for anyways is not to group up mobs, which you'd do with focus 4 anyways without wasting a 90 sec cd elite or a 45 sec elite when you can guard greatsword 5 mobs in as well.

So, yeah, your hypothetical scenarios are a load of crap in current organized PvE content.

The sole purpose of both these elites in serious PvE content (where what you run matters, not open world where anything will get you carried by others) is to do CC bar damage, and mesmer basically has an elite that's the guard elite with twice the cooldown.

And note, I was being generous by using Gravity Well. Moa Signet is single target and twice the cooldown of Gravity well and four times the cooldown of Willbender's elite.

Edited by Zenith.7301
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, quaniesan.8497 said:

Lol. If that's what you believe, I won't try to change your mind.  But I don't think skills are balanced around  merely cooldown vs. how much break bar health damage it does.  

That's what they boil down to in PvE thanks to their ill designed breakbar mechanism. Debuff conditions, CC skills all rendered a niche use that can be summed up to the number of CC bar damage they do.

And since we're speaking about the reality of the game, not what the game should be (as in, people who fantasize about more mobile enemies or faster attacks to make retribution/confusion in those armchair discussions about making PvE more like PvP, which will never happen), the fact is that Willbender has a better version of the best mesmer elite skill on half the cd.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Bruh, you pve people don't make any sense. Why are yoiu mad at the other guy who on our team killing things faster then you. Holy kitten.

What wrong with you people.

You guys should want everyone to be OP in PvE your just fighting scripted code, and it means you get to loot even faster.

Geez can some one give me some understanding?

Edited by Genesis.5169
Clarity
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Genesis.5169 said:

Bruh, you pve people don't make any sense. Why are yoiu mad at the other guy who on our team killing things faster then you. Holy kitten.

What wrong with you people.

You guys should want everyone to be OP in PvE your just fighting scripted code, and it means you get to loot even faster.

Geez can some one give me some understanding?

me mesmer, me have X CC and Y damage I wanna go for CM fractals.
but scourge over there has 1,5X CC, 1,5Y damage while also making everyone immortal, nobody wants me in a team, I wonder why !
numbers are out of my kitten but you get the point

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

but scourge over there has 1,5X CC, 1,5Y damage while also making everyone immortal, nobody wants me in a team, I wonder why !

Its cause you still use Mesmer outside its Niche areas. Silly Mesmer. ☹️

4 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

Was doing fine 100cm, still dealing with "scourge only" BS, but at least I did competitive damage.

After the massive confusion nerf, I see the huge difference in performance. 25-30k confusion ticks reduced to 15k at best, and the passive tick damage is so pitiful it doesn't come even close to compensating for the damage lost.

5 minutes ago, Zenith.7301 said:

Was doing fine 100cm, still dealing with "scourge only" BS, but at least I did competitive damage.

After the massive confusion nerf, I see the huge difference in performance. 25-30k confusion ticks reduced to 15k at best, and the passive tick damage is so pitiful it doesn't come even close to compensating for the damage lost.

mesmer was a huge struggle in fractals before all these kittening changes over the last year.
now with break-bar change, chrono massive nerfs, torment and confusion changes it only got worse, add in buffs to other classes and boom, mesmer not doing so hot.
why take mesmer when you can take scourge instead, same damage but barriers and can skip mechanics.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1