Feast of Delectable Birthday Cake

This item gives you a 30mins buff.

Birthday Blaster(10mins) and New Cake(30mins) have the same effect.

This item cannot override existing food buffs on you.

This item cannot override Malnourished debuff, the main purpose it is supposed to fulfill (say you have 5mins left in a fractal, you probably dont want to consume a 30mins food and would rather just eat free cake instead to get through that last part with a little bonus).

This item cannot override/renew its own buff (meaning you have to wait 30minutes for it to expire, then you can renew it).

If someone else uses the Birthday Blaster and you walk through their cake while you have the New Cake buff, the Birthday Blaster buff overrides this one.

This reduces your buff from 30mins to 10mins (since Birthday Blaster's buff only lasts 10mins). 

If you try to eat the New Cake again while under Birthday Blaster's buff, it will not allow you to do so. Somehow, Birthday Blaster's buff takes priority over New Cake's buff. 

This means that effectively, any troll with the Birthday Blaster can shoot cakes at you and reduce your buff down to only 10minutes.

Edited by Turtle Dragon.9241
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, mrhappyclam.2408 said:

I am really quite disappointed completely by the Feast. It's super lackluster. It gets +20 minutes vs a birthday blaster, yay? I'm really quite sad that it's not even better than the blaster OR stackable OR able to even overwrite existing food buffs. 

Yes, as explained above, the biggest problem is the Birthday Blaster overrides this one, effectively reducing the duration of your buff to 10mins instead. Anyone can troll you and shoot Birthday Blaster at you to reduce the duration of your buff. 

Not just this cake, lately many things are super lackluster. The TP down two days, we can't sell our stuff and ANet is going to wait till patch day to fix it? Many can buy now but we still can't sell anything! No annoucement on Four Winds Festival until many topics appeared in the forum asking about it and only then we get a reply without even telling the date. Super lackluster attitude. Are they hiring interns to do their jobs now?

And also few days ago, I reported glitching in the GH with attached screen showing parts of building structure is appearing in mid air and all over the GH. I believed they are caused by the beta patch. Although beta testing is over, the glitches are STILL THERE. I hope they are going to fix it soon and not few months later.

Apparently the TP issues are not important so ANet is taking their time to address it. If someone were to report a bug like, omg my warrior can do 1 hit 70k damage? New patch in less than an hour's time.

EoD is going to be good with the same kind of lackluster contents and support? Good luck.

Edited by Mil.3562
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

Yes this buff needs fixed! I can’t get a buff at all on my main. I switched characters and was getting it all morning. Switched back and still not able to get the buff from the cakes.

You can't have any other active food buffs when trying to eat the cake. You cannot use the cake to overwrite your current food buff. 

Not only does the new feast prioritize below all other food buffs including the 10 minute version from the (better imo) blaster...

It ALSO prioritizes below [malnourished] which means a mandatory 5 mins of malnourished after the 30 mins buff, since it can't renew itself or supercede the [malnourished] status.

Even if they don't buff it to a poor mans ascended to make it viable or in some other way compared to foods costing under a silver... the fact that you can't eat it when you have malnourished on you is laughably broken. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ryan.6951 said:

Not only does the new feast prioritize below all other food buffs including the 10 minute version from the (better imo) blaster...

It ALSO prioritizes below [malnourished] which means a mandatory 5 mins of malnourished after the 30 mins buff, since it can't renew itself or supercede the [malnourished] status.

Even if they don't buff it to a poor mans ascended to make it viable or in some other way compared to foods costing under a silver... the fact that you can't eat it when you have malnourished on you is laughably broken. 

Thanks for that, I just noticed that myself a few minutes ago. Will update first post with this.

That it does not override Malnourished must be some kind of bug since the Birthday Blaster - which gives the same buff with shorter duration, is able to override it.

The fact that it does not even override Malnourished (paired with the annoyance it even gets overwritten by the shorter duration of Birthday Blaster buffs), makes this item rather useless, sadly. I hope ANet will fix it, since I find the basic idea behind this item very good and useful.

Update:

With the last patch, the bug regarding the feast not overwriting Malnourished has been fixed.

Issues left:

• The feast buff still gets overwritten with the shorter duration Birthday Blaster buff
  • Interacting with the feast after accidentally walking through a Birthday Blaster buff does not overwrite the short duration blaster buff
  • The feast also does not renew the feast buff duration if you interact with it repeatedly (not sure if this is intended)
Edited by Rayti.6531

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Ember.6478 said:

Since the last patch, when I try to consume any of the birthday feasts left by other players, I get no buff at all on any of my level 80 characters. Is this only meant to work for characters who have reached their 9th birthday?

This is addressed in the very first post.

On 8/23/2021 at 3:04 PM, Turtle Dragon.9241 said:

This item cannot override existing food buffs on you.