Darkrazor's Daring change

Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.294

I'm not sure why you mention prot because all Kalla skills will apply prot on alac. They don't on condi Ren/ condi RR because you run Heartpiercer.

CC , stunbreak/stab are all utility. You wouldn't use it as part of a damage rotation unless you're breaking CC bar in fractals to proc exposed. Your change proposed would just increase DPS of alac and condi ren unless only stability is moved. If you move stability (which is one stack) then it sort of is meaningless because you are more likely to use it for stunbreak than the one stack of 1s base duration stability.

In addition, if CC was moved to Razorclaw's Rage it would be absolutely troll on W5 Soulless Horror because you would CC the Tormented Dead golem just by using your damage rotation on condi ren /condi RR.

edit: as an example of a skill that has stability tacked on look at https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shattering_Blow  , https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Well_of_Precognition, https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Well_of_Power  , or https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blinding_Powder

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Infusion, I mentioned the prot because I originally intended to talk about the other utilities and what they do.  Furthermore, power alac ren DOES use Darkrazor's Daring as part of it's rotation.

LucianTheAngelic, please elaborate on your thinking.  How would removing stab or the stun break from Darkrazor's Daring cause it to be stronger or overperforming?

• Confused 2

54 minutes ago, Virdo.1540 said:
1 hour ago, Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.294 said:

Darkrazor's Daring has stab, CC, and stun break, plus prot if running All for One.  I think either the stab or the CC should be moved to one of the other utilities.  I'd move one of them to Razorclaw's Rage.  What do you all think?

its the only stubreak from a rev that grants stab  (without the Invocation trait), so stab should be removed imo

Stun breaks with a cast time have a short duration stab to cover the cast time, otherwise they would fail a lot at being stun breaks. This is the case for other professions, too.

1 hour ago, Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.294 said:

Darkrazor's Daring has stab, CC, and stun break, plus prot if running All for One.  I think either the stab or the CC should be moved to one of the other utilities.  I'd move one of them to Razorclaw's Rage.  What do you all think?

How would you move the CC to a different skill? Then what does this skill do, damage?

It's a AoE CC + stun break. The reason for the stab is explained above. The protection is from the trait and applies to all spirits.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.294 said:

Infusion, I mentioned the prot because I originally intended to talk about the other utilities and what they do.  Furthermore, power alac ren DOES use Darkrazor's Daring as part of it's rotation.

LucianTheAngelic, please elaborate on your thinking.  How would removing stab or the stun break from Darkrazor's Daring cause it to be stronger or overperforming?

What makes you think it needs to be changed? Stability is there to make sure the player isn't going to get stunlocked for reacting accordingly.

This isn't like Herald where you can fall back on Infuse Light if Gaze of Darkness wasn't enough with the Blindness or Core Revenant having several flexible options that can have Stability added to it.

Were you there when the skill had no stability? It was god awful and often interrupted no matter.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Thanks 1

I'm saying the skill is fine and doesn't need any buffs or nerfs.  I'm not saying "removing stab or stun break will make it too strong."  I'm saying that it doesn't need either of those nerfs because it's not overperforming currently.

I don't think any of these suggestions are helpful for the class nor are they necessary with how the skill is currently performing in any game mode. 

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054
  • Like 1

It's 6 hits for total 1.38 coefficient though. No vuln is applied by the skill itself so it doesn't proc additional battlescars. In the Snowcrows log it is casted a total 5 times , the log attributes 0.846% of the total damage to the skill.