Celestial Tempest/Weaver DPS request

SoundWave.9154

I know this it is weird but could someone please perform a DPS test on the golem ( not looking for perfect rotation, just optimal ) while using Tempest/Weaver with Celestial gear ?

I have been thinking to switch my Trailblazer set to a Celestial one but I am not sure how much DMG and defense I will lose. From what I've heard Cele is not worth it on Weaver cause Trailblazer outperforms it. Curious if this is the same for Tempest as I've found the playstyle is a bit more relaxed.

Out of curiosity, why do you want to swap your Trailblazer gear to Celestial? Assuming you're playing PvE, Celestial is never going to be the better option if you're looking for raw damage numbers, regardless of Tempest or Weaver. If you're looking to play a little bit more flexible (a bit more supportive/condi or bring a bit more raw damage and condi), there are probably better armor spreads you can look into than Celestial. Is there a particular reason you're looking to go to Celestial?

• Like 1

You are right that I am mainly playing PvE. I'm looking for something that can give a bit more DMG than trailblazer; and I am not sure Viper is worth it ( I already have a Viper set and to be fair the difference does not seem to warrant the squishiness ).

I also thought that Cele would give a boost to defence ( apparently I'm wrong on that ) and if the DMG difference is not that high I would have made that trade.

EDIT: I would also like to use a ranged weapon and in my experience nothing can match dagger or sword on either Tempest or Weaver.

Edited by SoundWave.9154

36 minutes ago, SoundWave.9154 said:

You are right that I am mainly playing PvE. I'm looking for something that can give a bit more DMG than trailblazer; and I am not sure Viper is worth it ( I already have a Viper set and to be fair the difference does not seem to warrant the squishiness ).

I also thought that Cele would give a boost to defence ( apparently I'm wrong on that ) and if the DMG difference is not that high I would have made that trade.

Well imo cele will not deal better dps than trailblazers, i even think it will sink a lot. 

I am also not sure if vipers is optimal for example in fractals, i am using Trailblazers there since the dps loss is not big bc earth spec gives condi dmg based on toughness. For me Trailblazers does more dps in fractals than vipers. On the Golem it always seems So nice but the sad truth is that u have to dodge nearly every attack with vipers and with trailblazers not, which ends up trailblazers being better dps in fractals, for me at least, other players having other opinions obv.

As weaver i also dont think cele gives a boost to defense, with the normal dps build for condi weaver the only boon u grant urself is might, it does not increase defense. The vitality is the same as on trailblazers, Trailblazers gives Far more toughness tho. 

Edit: At least it gives no defense boost if u dont trait for barrier stuff which gets affected by healing power.

As tempest it could be something different because of more boons including regeneration which also gets increased by the healing power of cele. I just dont think weaver has enough boons and self healing to make it better than trailblazers, at least not in pve. 

I hope this could be somehow helpful, trying it would be nice anyway obv. Would also be curious about the numbers even if i think it will be...disappointing.

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Like 1

I don't know on golem but I was able to do 20k top dps on gerent and ooze (with supports; mights, quickness, some buffs) (it's not to brag, normally at least scourges/reaper do better) . Most of the time I was arround11-14k alone with full rotation and might combo etc; 8k on "chill" mod.

Here was the build http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAwilZwkgZijqy2rC-zxIY1ohvMCMBioAkfA-e

Trailblazer outperforms ... if you want to do "hard content" like farming some elites, some bounties etc. But most of the time you'll be killing trashmobs and exploring,that why celestial is really good ; you still have (in my build) huge power burst to chain random mobs, even spamming AA is alright.

So if you want a good set, good build to explore maps, do group events etc; just go celestial; you'll win time. If you want to solo some hard content, go trailblazer.

If you want to do fractals, raids ... honestly just change class. Personally i'll kick you if you do 20k at very best and you talk about trailblazer, while you can do 50% more with hybrid build (grieving) or scourges, fb ...

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508
  • Like 1

IMO, Celestial is great if you want to be versatile in your roles. it's easy to change builds and adapt to situations using celestial. You won't do as much damage as Trailblazer, but you can fufill support roles while keeping a decent amount of damage. It's specially good with Arcane, Tempest and Water traitlines, thanks to the boons and healing these traitlines can provide + the boon duration from the set itself.

It's also great for WvW!

Just keep in mind that while using celestial, your damage output will be Hybrid, so you should consider power coefficients as well while building for it.

I used a Celestial Weaver to get all of my Twisted Marionette achievs. I've built Water + Arcane + Weaver and my average DPS was around 9k~11k while the healing output was around 3k/s in the lines with the squad. I felt I could do enough damage to solo the Wardens if I happened to get in the platforms alone, while also providing enough sustain to my Line during the defense phase (perma regen and prot + nice bursts of healing).

Well, there'x [this] guy who benched 30k on celestial weaver, and I've had decent success running similar build in open world and soloing DRM CMs — tanky, convenient to play, respectable dps, power makes up ~35% of dps so clearing trash is faster than with pure condi trailblazer.

If I had to guess trailblazer probably benches around 33-34k (considering regular viper build has around 38k dps with ~25% of it being power damage), but no benchmarks seem to exist for it. Sustain should be roughly the same as celestial — more toughness but less healing and barrier.

Overall celestial is a very nice set to have but it's not a straight up upgrade to trailblazer's. I'd suggest keeping trailblazer and building cele in addition if you really want it.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, pretty much this. People do not realize how decent celestial is damage wise. The thing is, when you add all the boons, what is initially a quite visible difference between tanky and glassy stats tend to shrink proportionally. Don't get me wrong, there is still a SIZEABLE dps loss, but it is not as big as some people would insist it is. That being said... If you think about it, you only get full boons when you have the safety net of supports behind you and being tanky is not as valuable anymore.

Long story short :

-Trailblazer has a bit more damage than Celestial. It really shines for solo open-world and is good for WvW roaming. It is good on Elementalist because we can make great use of 'Strength of Stone' (Earth trait) that convert 10% of Toughness into Condition damage ; the bad news is you are kinda locked into the Earth traitline as a result.

-Celestial have better sustain. It is great for solo open-world content and really shine for WvW roaming. It is good on Elementalist because we can use every stats effectively ; the good news is you have access to a lot of viable builds which may be more fun for some people.

-A quick mention about Viper stat. For Fractals, Strikes and Raids, people tend to prefer Viper. If you feel unsafe or if your healers are learning the game you could try mixing pieces with different stats to end up with some sort of hybrid tanky dps.

Good day to you, I hope I was informative.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Guybrush.4762 said:

Yeah, pretty much this. People do not realize how decent celestial is damage wise. The thing is, when you add all the boons, what is initially a quite visible difference between tanky and glassy stats tend to shrink proportionally. Don't get me wrong, there is still a SIZEABLE dps loss, but it is not as big as some people would insist it is. That being said... If you think about it, you only get full boons when you have the safety net of supports behind you and being tanky is not as valuable anymore.

Long story short :

-Trailblazer has a bit more damage than Celestial. It really shines for solo open-world and is good for WvW roaming. It is good on Elementalist because we can make great use of 'Strength of Stone' (Earth trait) that convert 10% of Toughness into Condition damage ; the bad news is you are kinda locked into the Earth traitline as a result.

-Celestial have better sustain. It is great for solo open-world content and really shine for WvW roaming. It is good on Elementalist because we can use every stats effectively ; the good news is you have access to a lot of viable builds which may be more fun for some people.

-A quick mention about Viper stat. For Fractals, Strikes and Raids, people tend to prefer Viper. If you feel unsafe or if your healers are learning the game you could try mixing pieces with different stats to end up with some sort of hybrid tanky dps.

Good day to you, I hope I was informative.

I mostly agree but I think the damage gap is bigger without support.   Cele is great but it's not keeping up with trailblazer in most cases and the sustain relies on evasion and healing, which can widen that gap further.

• Like 1

Designed for easy play and sustain while doing decent DPS. You can get more DPS by changing the health infusions to condition damage infusions.

Build link:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGBFsE2aUZBJMq0GTMTrsRGqjqzVbD-zxIY1ovPMSqiuUR7UEk9zbZrpN-e

Build template: [&DQYfFRoXMB91AHUAvgGRAHYSdhIcARwBJgCWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]

Build Video:

From this thread:
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/92741-easy-condi-tempest-solo-build/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-1386296

Edited by TheQuickFox.3826
  • Thanks 1