Whats the point of armor repairs in gw2 anymore?

Exactly. .It's simple to repair in every other part of the game bar story instances.

I already don't want to die. Most people don't play wanting to die....dieing isn't exactly fun, broken armor or no.It's not like I run at a boss and just sit there. ..breaking armor doesn't help....it actually makes it harder..to you know. .not die. Which makes for a very odd "discouragement".

But back on your comment on how simple it os to repair. If it's so simple and free (though gem repair canisters aren't free).. .how is it much of a discouragement?

And also I said it was pointless in regards to a specific instance and there are many like it.

@Taygus.4571 said:

It's more likely an attempt to sell repair canisters for gems

I find this unlikely. There are far too many ways to repair for free for this to be the case, which makes repair canisters a frivolous convenience item, not anything close to an imperative. It's far more likely that it was much easier to just eliminate the cost rather than modify the process by which armor becomes damaged.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Maybe that irritation of not having repair anvils in story instances is the entire point to incentivize you to... you know... not die. Kind of like having to respawn at an unlocked WP rather than automatically being revived 30 seconds later where you died. It’s simply a penalty to incentivize better play.

No-one but you either knows or cares whether you play well or badly in a solo instance.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Maybe that irritation of not having repair anvils in story instances is the entire point to incentivize you to... you know... not die. Kind of like having to respawn at an unlocked WP rather than automatically being revived 30 seconds later where you died. It’s simply a penalty to incentivize better play.

You have plenty of time dude.Good for you.

@wrathmagik.3518 said:You don't even have to pay for it, and armor breaking and tracking down a repair guy when it does happen is just a pain.

Why not just remove it? Seems like something a progressive MMO like gw2 would do away with.

@wrathmagik.3518 said:You don't even have to pay for it, and armor breaking and tracking down a repair guy when it does happen is just a pain.

Why not just remove it? Seems like something a progressive MMO like gw2 would do away with.

It's just another annoyance to incentivive gem-buying and gold-dumping for single use and endless repair canisters/contracts. The only people who pay it any mind are the ones who can't afford them (which seems to be working as intended).

The idea that it's to prevent players from throwing bodies at a mob sounds good in theory. But, 99% of the time, a mob's health-bar would regenerate to full before a solo player could repair and come back. And zergs are hurr durr guaranteed to win by force of sheer numbers (whether their gear works or not).

It used to cost a couple of Silver years ago to repair, but Anet listened to feedback and removed the cost, just like they decreased Waypoint costs. Now I'm not sure what the point is... to sell Repair Canisters? If any one actually buys these things.I guess they just left it there cause people haven't complained enough yet. Maybe if we do they might remove Repairing all together :)

If repair costs are becoming so annoying, there's really just two options:

Play more carefully/betterorcomplain about it

It really just is psychological incentive of the lower bar to become a better player in general.

They removed the cost because it was too punishing for alot of players. A annoyance and timewaste is exactly what it's supposed to be. It's not so much that it's punishing but it's not too little that dying doesn't mean anything.

People saying now it doesn't mean anything already, means that removing it or not shouldn't make a difference then. :P

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:If repair costs are becoming so annoying, there's really just two options:

Play more carefully/betterorcomplain about it

It really just is psychological incentive of the lower bar to become a better player in general.

They removed the cost because it was too punishing for alot of players. A annoyance and timewaste is exactly what it's supposed to be. It's not so much that it's punishing but it's not too little that dying doesn't mean anything.

People saying now it doesn't mean anything already, means that removing it or not shouldn't make a difference then. :P

It doesn't make much difference to me. I was just adding my voice in that In some instances I finish in undies. .. I don't care if I don't care if I continue doing that.

I find it amusing.

But none of it changes that the only way repair in story instances is canisters. .and really something should be done about that in particular

Archived