Map of Travel Short Cuts for Dragonfall and Tangled Depths?

Trying to keep up with groups in the meta for these two maps, I always get left in the dust.  I know these maps are riddled with travel short cuts like the Jackal portals etc. but I have no idea where most of them are and where they go, or even remembering the ones I know about. 

Is there a resource that shows these travel short cuts and clearly tells you where they go?

Thanks

I don't know of one, but I agree that would be really useful. I've spent a lot of time in both and I know my way around fairly well, but I still get lost in some places, or I remember there's a hidden path somewhere but I can't remember exactly where it is. So if there is one or anyone is in a position to create one I'd use it too.

Ah yes, the map of shortcuts in Tangled Depths.

Look at it even for a fraction of a second and a quantum singularity is created inside your brain, resulting in violent expansion of matter followed by a collapse of the local space-time. Kept in a secure facility with a 50Mt nuclear bomb that will self destruct in case of containment breach. Even just one frame broadcasted on TV could result in an extinction event.

• Haha 4

On 9/22/2021 at 9:53 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Ah yes, the map of shortcuts in Tangled Depths.

Look at it even for a fraction of a second and a quantum singularity is created inside your brain, resulting in violent expansion of matter followed by a collapse of the local space-time. Kept in a secure facility with a 50Mt nuclear bomb that will self destruct in case of containment breach. Even just one frame broadcasted on TV could result in an extinction event.

This one has it right.  There is a much more violent distortion of space-time than even rotating black holes.  The inherent matter is more extreme than the centers of neutron stars.  It has the potential energy that far outweighs gamma ray bursts.  

Such a map can never be shown, else the superstructures of the universe will perish.

13 hours ago, Jalad Lantana.3027 said:

So apparenty if your not a hard core try hard who plays these maps 24/7, map frustration is supposed to be part of the fun.

It's more of a cognitive exercise, which video games, in general, are meant to induce.

The way I familiarized myself with Tangled Depths is to just explore it.  I completely ignored all other players and my story journal, and simply explored the map.  That is, generally, how one familiarizes with new places.

Personally, it took me forever to get the hang of it, but that's because of my unique physical limitation.  It's not try-harding.  It's just playing the game. You are allowed to just play the game without regard to maximizing in-game rewards.  You don't have to be beholden to the Skinner box.  

• Like 2