The Scepter - Please unkitten this weapon

Ezrael.6859

1. The auto-attack has one of the worst sounds in the game, after The Dreamer, but worse than Quip.

2. The auto-attacks are projectiles but carry no benefits of being projectiles, have abysmal tracking and still move too slowly, even after Jon Peters sped them up several years ago.

The possible solutions:

1. Either make the Scepter an instant-hit 3-chain weapon like Necromancer Scepter.

• 220 (Weakness 1s)
  • 220 (Weakness 1s)
  • 240 (Crippled 2s)

2. Make the current auto-attack a 20% projectile finisher.

3. Or at least, change the audio to something less foul / include it in the audio options to be muted along with The Dreamer and Quip.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Ezrael.6859 said:

1. The auto-attack has one of the worst sounds in the game, after The Dreamer, but worse than Quip.

2. The auto-attacks are projectiles but carry no benefits of being projectiles, have abysmal tracking and still move too slowly, even after Jon Peters sped them up several years ago.

The possible solutions:

1. Either make the Scepter an instant-hit 3-chain weapon like Necromancer Scepter.

• 220 (Weakness 1s)
  • 220 (Weakness 1s)
  • 240 (Crippled 2s)

3. Or at least, change the audio to something less foul / include it in the audio options to be muted along with The Dreamer and Quip.

It help to think of the weapon as a close range weapon like sword. The tracking get a lot better if you stay close to the target  its not ideal but you get more dps out of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ezrael.6859 said:

I love my condi engi with quip :c

Projectiles with magic often dont have benefits of being projectiles. (See Ele staff, mesmer staff, mesmer scepter..........)
Even my engi pistol 2, that actually is a real projectile without magic or sth like that, is no projectile finisher.

Well here also what i said above, no reason to give it 20% projectile finisher just bc its a projectile. There are hundreds of skills that r projectiles but are no finishers. More than that its unhealthy bc it would shoot firebrand even more up. Firebrand has lots of combo fields and firebrands often run scepter. A Firebrand buff is really not needed.

Also scepter is a great power dps range option, no need for special effects like weakness or cripple that makes it better. Well not that good, but the things u suggest affect condi more than power anyway. Also i am always against auto attack buffs. give the weakness or cripple to the symbol and i am fine with that.
I am also fine with a 3 chain combo because this thing with always the same effect is really boring imo. Especially on a 111111 spam weapon like guardian scepter. On some weapons its really fine because the rotas r so complex that u rarely even use ur auto attack.

To the thing with the sound. Everyone has a different opinion about sound, but I am not against sth that mutes sounds like that if u can decide urself if u can do it or not. Then I can keep my quip sounds for myself at least. 😄

I also hate the scepter sounds of guardian tho.

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Also scepter is a great power dps range option, no need for special effects like weakness or cripple that makes it better.

It really isn't. They nerfed it to make sword better (sword got some buffs, too), but then they just kept nerfing it further for some reason. It's absolute garbage now and doesn't feel good to use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, cat.8975 said:

It really isn't. They nerfed it to make sword better (sword got some buffs, too), but then they just kept nerfing it further for some reason. It's absolute garbage now and doesn't feel good to use.

well i tbh meant, its a good thing to use if u wanna play ranged guardian. Maybe that point of me wasnt that good but combo finishers and weakness/cripple affects condi more than power anyway. So its a firebrand buff thats not needed (imo). I mean dragonhunter is a pretty solid class, fine if it gets really small buffs. But scepter is often used by condi firebrands and firebrand already does too much. Nearly Perma weakness and cripple and auto attack combo finishers while other classes dont have is not the way to go.

Also if its a bad power weapon they have to buff power dmg on it like multipliers or sth like that. And not giving it combo finishers that fit well to firebrands 100 burn combo fields or condis like weakness or cripple that stack better with condi duration.

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, SeTect.5918 said:

I love my condi engi with quip :c

Projectiles with magic often dont have benefits of being projectiles. (See Ele staff, mesmer staff, mesmer scepter..........)
Even my engi pistol 2, that actually is a real projectile without magic or sth like that, is no projectile finisher.

Well here also what i said above, no reason to give it 20% projectile finisher just bc its a projectile. There are hundreds of skills that r projectiles but are no finishers. More than that its unhealthy bc it would shoot firebrand even more up. Firebrand has lots of combo fields and firebrands often run scepter. A Firebrand buff is really not needed.

Also scepter is a great power dps range option, no need for special effects like weakness or cripple that makes it better. Well not that good, but the things u suggest affect condi more than power anyway. Also i am always against auto attack buffs. give the weakness or cripple to the symbol and i am fine with that.
I am also fine with a 3 chain combo because this thing with always the same effect is really boring imo. Especially on a 111111 spam weapon like guardian scepter. On some weapons its really fine because the rotas r so complex that u rarely even use ur auto attack.

To the thing with the sound. Everyone has a different opinion about sound, but I am not against sth that mutes sounds like that if u can decide urself if u can do it or not. Then I can keep my quip sounds for myself at least. 😄

I also hate the scepter sounds of guardian tho.

Your frame of reference seems to be PvEasy, I'm not talking about that.

I also said 3 options, not all 3 need to happen.

Edited by Ezrael.6859

12 hours ago, Exile.8160 said:

It help to think of the weapon as a close range weapon like sword. The tracking get a lot better if you stay close to the target  its not ideal but you get more dps out of it.

Did you forget the /s

It's been like that since 2012, that's always been the excuse and it's pathetic for a weapon that is now 900 range and used to be 1200.

Especially when other classes have instant hit ranged Scepter, Axe, fast hitting accurate Pistol, (Greatsword... Hammer...)

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Ezrael.6859 said:

Your frame of reference seems to be PvEasy, I'm not talking about that.

I also said 3 options, not all 3 need to happen.

Well the sounds thing, sure why not.

The projectile thing, never. No other scepter does have a projectile finishers. That would just end up in other classes wanting it too. Some staff users might also want it and so on.

Overall power buffs for that weapon, yes sure. That doesnt affect the overtuned af firebrand.

Conditions on scepter, no. That would affect the already strong firebrand scepter build.

3 chain auto attack, sure.

So i basically say 3x yes and 2x no. So i overall agree with u but i am hardly against conditions on that weapon.

1x on the ending chain of auto attack would be fine for me tho. Also more might on the symbol i would like such as better power dmg on the symbol.

Edited by SeTect.5918

9 hours ago, Ezrael.6859 said:

Did you forget the /s

It's been like that since 2012, that's always been the excuse and it's pathetic for a weapon that is now 900 range and used to be 1200.

Especially when other classes have instant hit ranged Scepter, Axe, fast hitting accurate Pistol, (Greatsword... Hammer...)

Not an excuse and I never said thats the how it was meant to be played. I agree it needs a fix.

but if you want to get the most out of that weapon right now up close is the way to do it.

I've wished for scepter to have some sort of damage condis on it for a while now. Nerfing Ashes of the Just and buffing scepter (keeping FB in roughly the same spot, if not a little lower than where it is now), while buffing condi core/dh/wb would be great. It's boring when a class is only effective with condis (or power) on a single spec, instead of the specs just being sidegrades that introduce new ways to play.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1