Expansion question.

Lovele.1597

Hi there guys.

I have the base game bought from a long time ago.

I also found a leftover heart of thorns physical copy.

What happens if I activate heart of thorns only now, considering that they bundled them together?

I can't understand why they don't offer the choice of only buying hot or only buying pof.

Thank you guys.

I don't really understand the idea of only buying HOT, even if it's cheap. You might as well buy POF and got HoT for free. Arguably the mounts in POF are some of the most useful stuff in the game.

You can buy the hot pack now, but you'd only get HOT.  If you later got PoF, you'd just waste that HoT. It's not like you can give it away or anything.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

20 hours ago, Lovele.1597 said:

Hi there guys.

I have the base game bought from a long time ago.

I also found a leftover heart of thorns physical copy.

What happens if I activate heart of thorns only now, considering that they bundled them together?

I can't understand why they don't offer the choice of only buying hot or only buying pof.

Thank you guys.

It was suggested on these forums that HoT has been free with PoF sometime since 2016/2017 via digital download and since then has always been bundled together.

If the physical copy comes with some digital extras (maybe a glider skin or something) you may want to use it for that, otherwise, I wouldn't invest to much thought into it.  Get the bundle, enjoy the game.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

It was suggested on these forums that HoT has been free with PoF sometime since 2016/2017 via digital download and since then has always been bundled together.

If the physical copy comes with some digital extras (maybe a glider skin or something) you may want to use it for that, otherwise, I wouldn't invest to much thought into it.  Get the bundle, enjoy the game.

I can say it wasnt 2017 since i didnt play then. I started in late 2018 and had to buy both expansions separately still in 2019.

To prove that here is the post on it, they didnt include hot till the last year or two 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pheex.8932 said:

wasn't there a thing where if you buy the xpack seperately you get a shared inventory slot per xpack but if you buy the bundle you don't get the 'old' xpack ones and they become unobtainable forever? I don't know the exact details off the top of my head

Yep you only get one shared slot if you get them together.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

As of August 30, 2019, all accounts that own or buy the second expansion, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, will receive Heart of Thorns for free.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2:_Heart_of_Thorns

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns-is-free-with-guild-wars-2-path-of-fire/