Elite spec weapon outside the Elite spec

Kilty.4906

I wouldnt mind the core classes getting new weapons. The Core Class already gets nerfed enough because of the Elite Specs. Look at what happen to Demon Legend for Revenant. Got gutted because of Renegade, yet its a core legend that all rev specs can use.  Dont get me started on Warrior. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kodama.6453 said:

I disagree, since it wouldn't be a fair system. Some classes would get more benefits out of it than others.

You truly think giving core eng a main hand sword or a hammer would some how be broken? You would still have 0 heat you would not get any of the elite spec added effect with that wepon just the pure wepon skills. It would be a great way to demo an elite spec with out unlocking it.

• Like 2

Pointless change, takes away from the specs they belong to. They are part of the playstyle introduced with them.

You can easilly demo any espec. Simplly go into the pvp lobby with a new char and you can instantly test out an espec as you get bumped to 80 with both unlocked to max.

58 minutes ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

Pointless change, takes away from the specs they belong to. They are part of the playstyle introduced with them.

You can easilly demo any espec. Simplly go into the pvp lobby with a new char and you can instantly test out an espec as you get bumped to 80 with both unlocked to max.

In spvp not in pve or wvw also why is that taking away from the elite spec. when the ideal of the core class is to have the most gen. set up for the class and the elite spec are just that elite specialization.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

I don't think it would take from them, actually it would give more to others, although most ppl would like it to be added to the core classes arsenal, but this would allow even more build craft. Though, Daredevil with rifle sounds scary.

Activate the espec line to get the weapon, you would miss out on the traits for it that its designed around.  Thats the whole meaning with them to get to play differently from the baseline spec.

plus there might be balancing issues if you could mix and match weapons between especs. And balancing is already a mess in the game.

1 hour ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

Activate the espec line to get the weapon, you would miss out on the traits for it that its designed around.  Thats the whole meaning with them to get to play differently from the baseline spec.

plus there might be balancing issues if you could mix and match weapons between especs. And balancing is already a mess in the game.

For the most part core classes are already way behind elite spec. they need a buff on some level and anet seems more then willing to nerf core over and over to balance the elite spec.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

You truly think giving core eng a main hand sword or a hammer would some how be broken? You would still have 0 heat you would not get any of the elite spec added effect with that wepon just the pure wepon skills. It would be a great way to demo an elite spec with out unlocking it.

I don't think it will be broken, I just say the system would be unfair since some classes get more benefits than others. You already mentioned the heat system, which wouldn't work for engineer sword without taking the holosmith spec anyway, but there are other aspects as well.

For example, engineer would be the only class for which the elite spec weapons would still be mutually exclusive.

Other classes have weapon swap, so a thief for example could run around with both rifle and staff in their build. But if It's true that engineer gets a mainhand mace now, then we can't combine any of our elite spec weapons.

No weapon swap means we can't combine hammer with any other weapon. Sword and mace both being mainhand weapons means we can't combine them either.

Even elementalist would get more out of this system by being allowed to combine sword and warhorn with each other.

Edited by Kodama.6453

8 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

I don't think it will be broken, I just say the system would be unfair since some classes get more benefits than others. You already mentioned the heat system, which wouldn't work for engineer sword without taking the holosmith soec anyway, but there are other aspects as well.

For example, engineer would be the only class for which the elite soec weapons would still be mutually exclusive.

Other classes have weapon swap, so a thief for example could run around with both rifle and staff in their build. But if It's true that engineer gets a mainhand mace now, then we can't combine any of our elite soec weapons.

No weapon swap means we can't combine hammer with any other weapon. Sword and mace both being mainhand weapons means we can't combine them either.

Even elementalist would get more out of this system by being allowed to combine sword and warhorn with each other.

Your over thinking it the fact that these classes have a 2h wepon vs a 1h or even off hand has more to do with the eleit spec and less to do with the wepon it self. A thf ruining a rifle and a staff with out the dead eye effect or daredevil effects would not be that powerful because the elite spec get far more benefit from there weapons then the core class could ever. That alone would keep letting core classes get all of the elite spec weapons balanced because you could always use that wepon better to the point where you would play an elite spec to get the most benefit out of that wepon.

I think any 2h wepon user elite spec with a wepon swap would get a lot more out of this ideal though ele getting a hammer if that become viable then ele would get a good bit out of it as well.

I think necro getting a GS as a core class would be much stronger then most as core necro wepon set is missing a good pull on there wepon set. Even gurd would get a good effect from axe MH due to the pull but the point is right now these core classes are very much underused and seen as sub stander use classes. On some level elite spec need to give something to the core or your simply isolating the core classes to doom. There is no balancing that can fix the core classes that will not effect the elite spec. but say letting the core class become even more gen. from there elite spec.

Edited by Jski.6180

1 hour ago, Kodama.6453 said:

I don't think it will be broken, I just say the system would be unfair since some classes get more benefits than others. You already mentioned the heat system, which wouldn't work for engineer sword without taking the holosmith spec anyway, but there are other aspects as well.

For example, engineer would be the only class for which the elite spec weapons would still be mutually exclusive.

Other classes have weapon swap, so a thief for example could run around with both rifle and staff in their build. But if It's true that engineer gets a mainhand mace now, then we can't combine any of our elite spec weapons.

Yes, elementalists shows exactly this idea would be broken as heck.  Plus it would be much more work for anet having to create more and more elementalist skills due to new combinations with future espec weapons. And exactly why it will not happen.

13 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

I want to see core classes get all of there elite spec weapons but not to let other elite spec get the other added weapons.

I want to see sword on core ele or even hammer if they ever fix it.

Tbh imho they shouldn't have any restriction on them. 

Core Vs Elites are susposed to be mechanical changes, granted in some cases (ele as a good example) kinda fail on this delievery wise imho that's the part that needs correcting. 

• Like 2

On 10/2/2021 at 3:06 AM, LucianDK.8615 said:

Yes, elementalists shows exactly this idea would be broken as heck.  Plus it would be much more work for anet having to create more and more elementalist skills due to new combinations with future espec weapons. And exactly why it will not happen.

Except that it doesn’t… the ONLY aspect in which elementalist requires additional skills to be made is for the Weaver elite spec, and only for dual attunements on skill 3. Warhorn requires exactly 0 new skills to be compatible with Tempest. The upcoming Hammer for Catalyst also requires exactly 0 new skills due to the way skill 3 functions on it, dual attunement with hammer could be as simple as having it spawn 2 orbs at half strength…

On 10/2/2021 at 1:16 AM, Kodama.6453 said:

You claim engineer would get the least out of this… you couldn’t be more wrong… engineer stands to gain the most out of having its elite spec weapons unlocked from the elite specs… as it stands right now core engineer has exactly 3 weapon combinations. unlocking their current elite weapons straight doubles their choices from 3 combinations to 6. If you add in the mace from EoD, that becomes 8 combinations, regardless of if it is mainhand or off-hand, or 11 if it turns out to be dual mace for whatever reason… It will also help to emphasize the issue that exists with the Holosmiths heat mechanic… Arena Net sees no need to address the lack of Heat benefits on other engineer weapons for the simple fact that engineer has so few choices as is… sword being the only one that has heat makes it the single most desired for Holosmith, and since Holosmith was made for melee anyways, the lack of a core melee weapon means it is the only real choice for the spec. But should hammer be unlocked for use as a Holosmith, then suddenly a 2nd viable weapon exists and the need for heat mechanics on other engineer weapons becomes a bigger issue.