Minions, Pet or no ?

Dawanarth.4601

Minions, Pet or no ?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it's going to be:

• A Pet as a profession mechanic (While keeping the Toolbelt)
    • A Pet as a profession mechanic (While loosing the Toolbelt)
    • Minion Based Skills
    • Other profession mechanic (While keeping the Toolbelt)
    • Other profession mechanic (While loosing the Toolbelt)

I hope it will be another profession mechanic, which keeps the toolbelt mostly intact.

I fear it will be a pet mechanic, which replaces the toolbelt. Absolute worst case scenario and would probably be absolutely unplayable (so please don't do this to us, Anet).

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 3

Everything but no minions or pets. And if its a suit, dont make trash like asura elite skill golem suit. Otherwise its unplayable, clunky, slow, no range, no mobility, no damage, no sustain. 

Pets and minions turned out stupid and annoying. Necro minions are welcomed in no group content. Soulbeast got rid of the pet halfway at least. There are even lots of rangers on the forum asking if they can get rid of the pet somehow. Minions/pets running faster than you, then they stop, run in Front of u again, stop again, run faster again and in Front of you and repeating and repeating. When an enemy attacks you but u never wanted attack it and want to cancel the fight, it will take years because minions attack the enemy then. When you jump over a small Cliff or often when u go down stairs or sth they r like: **** where to go?!

Dont give us pets or minions! Please...

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Like 2

Someone on Reddit said they wished the Catalyst Jade Sphere worked like Orianna's ball in League of Legends, and since that ship sailed on Ele I want it on Engi. A mostly stationary summon that you can reposition, and its position is important for skills you can cast through it.

9 hours ago, tesnow.4721 said:

Someone on Reddit said they wished the Catalyst Jade Sphere worked like Orianna's ball in League of Legends, and since that ship sailed on Ele I want it on Engi. A mostly stationary summon that you can reposition, and its position is important for skills you can cast through it.

That's already a thing. Revenant tablet in centaur/Ventari stance works exactly like this.

It's fair to want another one of these in GW2, but people should be aware that this is already available and not act as this would be a new exciting mechanic in this game.

15 hours ago, Dawanarth.4601 said:

I'm personally hoping for "kits" that instead of replacing your weapons skills replace your tool belt uses while the skill is active

That could be fun as long as there is a focus on shorter recharge skills, there would be some synergy with Tools traits line, especially the minors. The downside would be for the skills where the toolbelt skill is the reason to take them rather then the main skill.

10 hours ago, tesnow.4721 said:

A mostly stationary summon that you can reposition, and its position is important for skills you can cast through it.

Given that we have turrets already (which really do need some love) I would doubt they would go the minion route, especially static minions.. I do like the idea of something with positioning that could have ranged attacks or AOE things going on though (AOE Revealed could be interesting if balanced right)

A single pet golem and some equivalent to Ranger Command skills that affect both you and the golem could be fun.

Swapping F5 you climb inside in a hybrid of Soulbeast merge and a kit could be another option, especially if there was a DPS/Defence trade off with this.

There are other ways a 'pet' could be used too that could sidestep a lot of the typical issues with ranger pets like just having ranged attacks or making it fly (but Gyro's so I doubt it)

23 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

That's already a thing. Revenant tablet in centaur/Ventari stance works exactly like this.

It's fair to want another one of these in GW2, but people should be aware that this is already available and not act as this would be a new exciting mechanic in this game.

and worth noting on top that; Just like AI in this game, Anet have yet to balance Ventrai stance and tablet in a way it's not either OP or UP as ****. So I wouldn't have high hopes for them in that area either for the people asking for this 

• Like 3

On 10/6/2021 at 1:04 AM, ShadowInTheVoid.9183 said:

That could be fun as long as there is a focus on shorter recharge skills, there would be some synergy with Tools traits line, especially the minors. The downside would be for the skills where the toolbelt skill is the reason to take them rather then the main skill.

Given that we have turrets already (which really do need some love) I would doubt they would go the minion route, especially static minions.. I do like the idea of something with positioning that could have ranged attacks or AOE things going on though (AOE Revealed could be interesting if balanced right)

A single pet golem and some equivalent to Ranger Command skills that affect both you and the golem could be fun.

Swapping F5 you climb inside in a hybrid of Soulbeast merge and a kit could be another option, especially if there was a DPS/Defence trade off with this.

There are other ways a 'pet' could be used too that could sidestep a lot of the typical issues with ranger pets like just having ranged attacks or making it fly (but Gyro's so I doubt it)

I could certainly see this being a thing; especially with how grandmaster skills change how a mechanic (dodges/F keys work) - the shape of the mech.

Eg.

Mech raptor for skirmish/stealth 

Mech siege turtle for aoe damage/cc 

Mech skimmer for healing/barrier/buffing

Though, probably more focused around appropriate creatures in the area - siege turtle would be definite (perse) but as for the rest, I'm unsure as I never played GW1 but it is on the 'to play' list to go those skins! XD