Revenge Counter Problem

singanushiga.5803

Hey, I used to use this trait a lot before resistance change against condi matchups. But after the change, it became more useless and I think that it has to be changed. "%20 damage boost" for full-counter, which is a non damaging skill, completely irrelevant for Spvp/Wvw, only way you can get benefit from current resistance is using it against classes that have too many blind skills but the value that you're getting from Tether pull and reveal is way more worth. Imo, if resistance changed with Resolution (20-30 secs) and "%20 damage boost" replaced with a kind of damage boost like Peak Performance which gives around %5 damage boost for all skills (4-5 secs), can make this trait more viable in Spvp/Wvw.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The damage is less of a problem with Revenge Counter and more of a problem with bad balance decisions resulting in FC doing no damage.

The Resistance change was half baked and they should have combed through the skills to replace some of the Resistances with Resolution or added Resolution to them.

Impossible when they didn't even properly think out the next espec which is meant to get them money from the vets and newbies thinking they can pull Iaijutsus and end fights in one millisecond. 

10 hours ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

Full counter is probably the most constant nerfed skill in this game.

It definitely needs the ability to activate it if someone doesn't hit to at least get the damage (such as it is) hit.

DMG + CC on Full Counter, DMG on Activate Skill.

Magebane Tether as baseline (up to 3 Targets) with the Grandmaster trait now changing Activate Skill to the Pull (ending duration).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

It definitely needs the ability to activate it if someone doesn't hit to at least get the damage (such as it is) hit.

DMG + CC on Full Counter, DMG on Activate Skill.

Magebane Tether as baseline (up to 3 Targets) with the Grandmaster trait now changing Activate Skill to the Pull (ending duration).

Imo, in that way Fc and Tether are going to be a spammy op skills. Not triggering Fc in fights is the counterplay of that skill, it also requires decent 1v1 experience. Same for Tether, staying in range, not letting enemy to pull you also counterplay of it. For me, these counterplays are the things that making duels fun. I don't think they need to be changed, also don't think that Anet will bring cc damage back.

Edited by wolkzel.9706

Honestly, I don’t think it’s that hard of a fix;

Changes I would recommend:

1. Change condition copy to condition transfer

2. Change damage % modifier to a straight damage increase so it can at least do enough damage to cleave down Mesmer clones. 

That’s it. We are done. MBT is a strong trait with better synergy and a lot of utility, current revenge counter is nonsense. Re-adding some damage through a trait and giving condition cleanse would give it it’s own little niche imo.

Edited by oscuro.9720
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Honestly, I don’t think it’s that hard of a fix;

Changes I would recommend:

1. Change condition copy to condition transfer

2. Change damage % modifier to a straight damage increase so it can at least do enough damage to cleave down Mesmer clones. 

That’s it. We are done. MBT is a strong trait with better synergy and a lot of utility, current revenge counter is nonsense. Re-adding some damage through a trait and giving condition cleanse would give it it’s own little niche imo.

Great idea! I totally agree.

But, for the record, I said it first 😜