Post your Weapon Design Contest submission

SamKablam.6241

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha, everyone's looks so awesome.

Be gentle, my entry was my first, colored, digital drawing which started out as a sketch. so, I'm VERY proud of this drawing.

! Df5nJTZ.pngDragonbane, the Ley-line Infused Dagger - Legendary. While Dragons feed on ley-line energy, this dagger was designed using asura and Pact technology to cause a reverse reaction: the dagger drains Ley-line energy from the dragon whenever it strikes it. As the dagger absorbs the Ley-line energy, it drains its magical properties and releases as of magical waste. This waste does not aid the Dragons in any way, and keeps the dagger from overloading.

Since the dagger's energy is Infused, or Sealed, there's no way to manually overload the dagger, thus, no way to destroy it.

The blade was supposed to have a texture similar to the Bloodstone Dagger, but as a legendary, the texture would flow across the blade lengthwise. When swung, the dagger would unleash a blue blur, matching the blade's color, much like Dawn, Twilight, Eternity, etc. You may also note the circles in the crossguard--the Leyline Dagger skin has similar holes, thus, I took that idea and refined it to fit the dagger's concept.

The Bloodstone Dagger is what originally inspired my idea for this dagger. If I had spent more time, and figured out how to shade it better and texture it, I may have gotten in. Granted, I finished the lineart and then colored and shaded it all on the 8th and submitted it 3pm PT. (My arm was very tired from using my tablet)

@"Lukotka.1503" said:I really dig that dagger with the stow away being a circle, would really go well with a druid/ranger!

Here's the two concepts I've thrown up as entries. They're more or less charr themed weapons. One is a take on a compact crossbow/rifle mix, the other is pretty much just a big 'ol rusty Iron legion tower shield.

!
eNgULZQ.jpg

Dat crossbow! Sweet!

@"Tenchu The Wolf.3418" said:

!
3kObSYb.png

I made this Norn themed shield. My working title was Northruler.

I would do unspeakable things for a nice round shield that is not gold or purple in any way. Obviously doesnt have to be or isnt going to be this one.That is one sweet shield. My Guardian, Levi, would so wield that.

@"fey.5438" said:That was tough competition, 900 entries to 20 finalists. Didn't make it through, so here is my Pantheon Axe:

!
VWzj7Ap.jpg
General idea was to depcit all gods. From the top there is Balthazar section with hounds turned against the rest of the gods. Spear striking Abaddon's head symbolize Kormir. Grenth and Lyssa on the left side and Dwayna and melandru on the right side.

Looking at this now I see so much room for improvement. I thnik I will spend some time to repaint details :dizzy:

edit. For clarification - I know it's a lot of details, but It was meant to be just a concept to inspire in-game weapon.How... did that not make it in? Dat axe, man. AWESOME JOB.

! >> @Gravenz.6258 said:Insane ideas everywhere xDLove the crossbow idea for rifles @Lukotka.1503 :open_mouth:Here are my two entries for the contest, my love letter to Norn and a ... Sunspear thrower :p6hZDkys.pngl01CwDT.png

That Greatsword is siiiiiiick!

!@fey.5438 said:That was tough competition, 900 entries to 20 finalists. Didn't make it through, so here is my Pantheon Axe:VWzj7Ap.jpgGeneral idea was to depcit all gods. From the top there is Balthazar section with hounds turned against the rest of the gods. Spear striking Abaddon's head symbolize Kormir. Grenth and Lyssa on the left side and Dwayna and melandru on the right side.

Are you kidding me?I would take out one of the staffs for this.

@czerwoni.9563 said:

@Sodeni.6041 said:

@fey.5438 said:That was tough competition, 900 entries to 20 finalists. Didn't make it through, so here is my Pantheon Axe:
VWzj7Ap.jpg
General idea was to depcit all gods. From the top there is Balthazar section with hounds turned against the rest of the gods. Spear striking Abaddon's head symbolize Kormir. Grenth and Lyssa on the left side and Dwayna and melandru on the right side.

Looking at this now is I see so much room for improvement. I thnik I will spend some time to repaint details :dizzy:

WHAT? That didn't make it in??? Who decided on the finalists lol... Your's is truly one of the best ones I've seen. Don't get why this isn't a finalist but a simple purple 2D-Staff with crystals is...

the 2-D staff with crystals is an axe and it isn't a finalist, they haven't posted the voting finalists yet

Are you sure? Dulfy seems to have already posted the finalist list

http://dulfy.net/2017/10/31/gw2-design-a-weapon-finalists-and-vote/

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I'm looking forward to the 20 finalists. There are some really nice submissions in this thread, so I'm hopeful that things will be better still for the remaining official contestants.

The finalists have already been announced which is why people are posting their work here :tongue:

the article leading to the voting page is on the GW2 news board :D

@Gravenz.6258 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I'm looking forward to the 20 finalists. There are some really nice submissions in this thread, so I'm hopeful that things will be better still for the remaining official contestants.

Teh finalists have already been announced which is why people are posting their work here :tongue:

the article leading to the voting page is on the GW2 news board :D

At the time I posted, I had just read that they weren't yet online,

I applaud the finalists for the effort spent on their designs, but I saw only one that I thought was somewhat decent for a weapon type that I use and it was still not a look that I would actually apply to any of my characters' weapons, let alone purchase.

However, I'd buy and use almost every one posted so far in this thread on my many characters, as well as create new characters styled completely around the weapons...

:\

@Zan.9861 said:I'm sharing my concepts as well :)

UtH4NZH.jpg

I am in love with the greatsword design <3 And the shield looks awesome!

@Fundor.2098 said:tumblr_oypiy0bxNY1w0vopjo1_540.png

Congratulations to the finalists!

Wow, they are all really pretty! I love the glow effect on them.

@Zidane.9824 said:ZUfPM6J.jpgRushed Submission

Are you kidding me? That's rushed for you? What the...are you serious? That looks stunning!! I wanna see artwork of yours which isn't 'rushed'.

@fey.5438 said:That was tough competition, 900 entries to 20 finalists. Didn't make it through, so here is my Pantheon Axe:VWzj7Ap.jpgGeneral idea was to depcit all gods. From the top there is Balthazar section with hounds turned against the rest of the gods. Spear striking Abaddon's head symbolize Kormir. Grenth and Lyssa on the left side and Dwayna and melandru on the right side.

Looking at this now I see so much room for improvement. I thnik I will spend some time to repaint details :dizzy:

edit. For clarification - I know it's a lot of details, but It was meant to be just a concept to inspire in-game weapon.

So many details! Wow! I bet they didn't choose your weapon design because they could NEVER even come close to recreate that awesome design into the game. That's the only explanation that won't make me angry if that's the case...They really should've chosen you too. Dammit.

After seeing all those amazing entries I am confused why some of them aren't in the finals.

The only reason, i participated here was, because of a friend who wished for a neat Sylvary-weapon and wasnt good with drawing to make one on his own.Truely there is a lack of elegant and beautiful weapons in the game, but therefore its glutted with huge/ fiery/ crazy/ badly done weapons instead.So yeah, I 've tried to forfill my friends wish, but failing so early to again plump style-choices, is what makes me sad.The staff is based on the White Stag from the sylvarian personal storyline. Also including the floral hangingplants on the mid-floor in the grove, the blue sylvari-glass which sylvari use for weapons and a lily.The idea was, to let this glitter from the plants (which also appears in the grove) flow inside the Stag's body and going down within the glas-staff, to hold the blue stones with it.The whole design took me a full month, because it is freaking hard to draw such transparent things.MABb8j9.jpg

Oh, and this crapy bow here took me 2 hours. It's called the Phoenix, because it has 2 phoenix on it.qitJRJS.jpg

Honestly, i think, anet just put one person in position to chose the top 20, because the top's all looking one same type and style (not gw2 style in total, but a prefered taste of one person).

My Iron Legion Horizon Rifle.pub7ck8.png

For those who prefer more modest designs, that still like an exotic twist.

-Has a helical drum mag mounted on top, like that of a Lewis Gun.-Has the popular Iron Legion adage "Rely on Iron, not false gods" painted on the barrel.-Has some small lineart on the forward part of the receiver and on the scope mount.-Has a bipod that functions as a grip when folded.-Has a semi automatic operation.-Has a flip up sight for long range combat when scope is broken (requires mounting of a front sight, and is obviously only an aesthetic feature).

@MidnightX.6294 said:Honestly, i think, anet just put one person in position to chose the top 20, because the top's all looking one same type and style (not gw2 style in total, but a prefered taste of one person).

I would not be surprised.I'm personally very disappointed that there are very few designs (three, at a stretch) in the top twenty that are modest. I find a lot of them to be eye sores.

Creative I may be, but an artist I am not. That said, since PoF beta I've been chortling over the terrible fate of all those vases in the Amnoon bazaar after a Choya stampede. Made a joke pic here before. Having seen a watermelon slicer in the store a few weeks after, I couldn't shake the concept out of my head. I wanted to arm the merchants with a weapon that strikes fear in the... sugary innards of Choya everywhere. This is where the dagger concept arose. The top 20 are amazing weapons, and this pales in comparison. It is pretty fun though and I'm happy to share it with you!

jvdNlsC.jpg

Archived