Australian Servers When?

On 10/12/2021 at 2:33 PM, Gehenna.3625 said:

China wasn't successful afaik. So to create Asian servers for a game that probably isn't going to appeal to the Asian MMO fans wouldn't on their radar. Also NcSoft has a few MMOs out there so they might not want another there because it wouldn't add more revenue to begin with. I mean if you have players that go from one MMO to another...they can only spend their money once after all. So it might very well be that after the failure in China and that it would compete with other NcSoft games that it's just not a good idea for NcSoft. 

Yet it doesn't stop NcSoft from pushing their kitten korean skinner boxes mmos in the west and failing miserably. Making SEA megaserver in Singapore or something would probably cost less than it is to push the rest of the garbage games they have been shilling in the west. Also the China launcher probably failed because the skinner box monetisation the Chinese dev put in detracted from the game since it seems that SOLO is a big deal in China and it doesn't have P2W, probably should have left the Anet strategy and just bumped up the gold sink costs.  

Edited by Vancho.8750
  • Confused 1

I'm Australian.  If they had Oceanic servers, it wouldn't affect me at all, because I run a guild of 350 people many of whom I play with, including other Austalians. Not one of us would leave this guild to play on an Australian server and be cut off from friends we've been playing with for years.   I'd welcome the lower ping, sure, but it would be too high a price for it.  

• Sad 1

• 1 year later...
9 minutes ago, Zinedine Longstride.7241 said:

Intrepid studios has confirmed Australian servers for Ashes of Creation 😄
Guess there must be enough people here after all!

Nice for you guys might be that they dont have 3 way large scale pvp?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

As an Aussie.. I think at this point we can say never..

On 1/28/2022 at 8:05 AM, Vayne.8563 said:

I'm Australian.  If they had Oceanic servers, it wouldn't affect me at all, because I run a guild of 350 people many of whom I play with, including other Austalians. Not one of us would leave this guild to play on an Australian server and be cut off from friends we've been playing with for years.   I'd welcome the lower ping, sure, but it would be too high a price for it.  

Tell them all to come to AU server so they can feel our lag.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/12/2021 at 10:57 AM, Seraphus.3061 said:

I realise the route to US servers is outside Anet's control

This is it.

I live in europe and play both an EU account and a NA account. I do not experience any difference in latency or high pings at all when playing on NA servers.
I work in IT and have worked for a multinationation in agriculture. We had offices all around the world in the most obscure outback places, all with excellent connections. The only exception where the offices in Asutralia and New Zealand. This is not an issue with arenanet and it will not be resolved with oceanic servers.  The issue is that your government refuses to invest in a decent infrastructure.  While being the most remote region compared to the rest of the world.  (and when I say refuse, I do know there is a lot more going on underneath the surfac. One of them a very good plan to bring optics to most part of the country. This was cancelled after elections and flipping the government. Still they wasted as much money being spent on it, so could just as well have gone along and solved it).

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Nice for you guys might be that they dont have 3 way large scale pvp?

They actually do, although without a fixed number of factions.

2 hours ago, mercury ranique.2170 said:

This is it.

I live in europe and play both an EU account and a NA account. I do not experience any difference in latency or high pings at all when playing on NA servers.
I work in IT and have worked for a multinationation in agriculture. We had offices all around the world in the most obscure outback places, all with excellent connections. The only exception where the offices in Asutralia and New Zealand. This is not an issue with arenanet and it will not be resolved with oceanic servers.  The issue is that your government refuses to invest in a decent infrastructure.  While being the most remote region compared to the rest of the world.  (and when I say refuse, I do know there is a lot more going on underneath the surfac. One of them a very good plan to bring optics to most part of the country. This was cancelled after elections and flipping the government. Still they wasted as much money being spent on it, so could just as well have gone along and solved it).

Partially true, but only for Australia, and most of the latency still comes from the international cables even there. NZ has full fiberoptic through urban areas now. Even with that, it's still a 140ms ping at minimum to the US west coast, and ANet's servers are on the east, where I'm getting 190-220ish. Note that the distance across the Pacific is over twice the distance across the Atlantic, so Europe-NA is not really a good comparison.
For games that have servers on Australia's east coast, I get a ping of 20-40ms despite the hop over the Tasman. The difference is so significant I just won't buy online games that don't offer Aus/NZ servers anymore.

Edited by Ben K.6238
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ben K.6238 said:

They actually do, although without a fixed number of factions.

Partially true, but only for Australia, and most of the latency still comes from the international cables even there. NZ has full fiberoptic through urban areas now. Even with that, it's still a 140ms ping at minimum to the US west coast, and ANet's servers are on the east, where I'm getting 190-220ish. Note that the distance across the Pacific is over twice the distance across the Atlantic, so Europe-NA is not really a good comparison.
For games that have servers on Australia's east coast, I get a ping of 20-40ms despite the hop over the Tasman. The difference is so significant I just won't buy online games that don't offer Aus/NZ servers anymore.

So server a battle against server b and c?

• Confused 1