About Heal Skills

Grand Marshal.4098

Bladesworn heal is meh imo. The mechanic is interesting for sure and the ammo mechanic can be of use as well but I'd simply call for a bit of a higher base heal.

The real deal comes down to Blood Reckoning and Natural Healing. 

First Blood Reckoning. A tough heal with a tiny amount of health bestowed on actiivation. A high risk heal that recharges your burst. But what's the issue? The amount of blind, weakness, poison, movement creep and ways to kite a warrior while they pop the heal are numerous nowadays, way more than good old HoT era. To put it into perspective, the heal is very ssmall, lasts for very few seconds and has too long of a cooldown.

1st give Blood reckoning at least 7 seconds of the effect. 5 seconds are nothing. You can barely cast a second arc divider, your follow up dmg doesn't compare to your primal burst. Secondly, increase the dmg to heal conversion ratio. 33% is laughable when things like life leech and battle scars are a thing. Condi warrior may have superior dg application over time, but that's intentional right? 50% dmg to heal for 7 seconds may make this a good heal skill with the intend of following up with a primal burst and possibly wait for a second one to give you some health back.

As for natural healing we had other suggestions made in the past but what warrior lacks a is a selfish heal over time skill. Not like mega nerfed healing signet, rather soemthing like troll unguent. A strong-ish passive heal with say 5 ticks of 1.5k healing per tick every second. Natural healing sounds like the best candidate instead of self-boon rip (lmao). Add a small 2 condi cleanse on the first pulse if no meditation trait ever is worked on (see Omnibus).

Just a small way to benefit our heal skills and take us away from the overliance to mending.

• Thanks 1

I have a great idea.

Restorative Strength: Gain 5 stacks of might and resistance for 6s when you use a heal skill: 

Natural Healing: Heal for 500 hp/s for 8s and remove 1 boon and 1 condition from yourself each second. Each boon and condition removed heals you for an extra 500 HP. Keep the scaling very low, like 0.1 on each piece.

That would top out at 1500 hp/s but requires a steady inflow of condi and boons to maximize. The boon removal is to fuel Attacker's Insight, and if you are using FGS, your constant might reapplication should result in only the might getting removed. The pulsing condi removal would help get rid of things like Blind and Weakness.

That and paired with my RS change above you would be ignoring all the soft condi and would provide at least one boon to fuel the extra healing.

Trait synergies are great. That and my RS above would help a Berserker capitalize better on the Blood Reckoning window to heal themselves without having to change BR.

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I have a great idea.

Restorative Strength: Gain 5 stacks of might and resistance for 6s when you use a heal skill: 

Natural Healing: Heal for 500 hp/s for 8s and remove 1 boon and 1 condition from yourself each second. Each boon and condition removed heals you for an extra 500 HP. Keep the scaling very low, like 0.1 on each piece.

That would top out at 1500 hp/s but requires a steady inflow of condi and boons to maximize. The boon removal is to fuel Attacker's Insight, and if you are using FGS, your constant might reapplication should result in only the might getting removed. The pulsing condi removal would help get rid of things like Blind and Weakness.

That and paired with my RS change above you would be ignoring all the soft condi and would provide at least one boon to fuel the extra healing.

Trait synergies are great. That and my RS above would help a Berserker capitalize better on the Blood Reckoning window to heal themselves without having to change BR.

Interesting idea. I like it. We rly gotta sit down and see tho what deserves resistance and what doesn't as we have pretty much gave resistance to at least 5 traits with suggestions recently XD

The might we keep, how about fury? Less strong for sure and less defensive, but it would go a long way to match the fury guardians get with meditations and the boon isn't hard to get if ripped with Natural healing. 

Right now the only way to make Blood reckoning worth using in wvw roaming is Rune of Herald 6th bonus and gain +200 toughness on heal skill food with healing power as well lol. And it's still meh on 25 second ICD.

29 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Interesting idea. I like it. We rly gotta sit down and see tho what deserves resistance and what doesn't as we have pretty much gave resistance to at least 5 traits with suggestions recently XD

Seeing as they nerfed Resistance that really isn't such a bad thing. Have a source in 2 core traitlines is not bad either. Not every build is going to run Defense, and not every build is going to run Strength.

The might we keep, how about fury? Less strong for sure and less defensive, but it would go a long way to match the fury guardians get with meditations and the boon isn't hard to get if ripped with Natural healing. 

My suggestion in the past was for Restorative Strength to cast a Lesser For Great Justice. What could be done is to add resistance to Vigorous Shouts instead (in addition to the healing) and have Restorative Strength cast a Lesser FGJ when a heal skill is used. Lesser FGJ would just be a copy of the PvE version of FGJ in all game modes. Even MORE synergy, that means it's a good idea right @Cal Cohen.2358?

Right now the only way to make Blood reckoning worth using in wvw roaming is Rune of Herald 6th bonus and gain +200 toughness on heal skill food with healing power as well lol. And it's still meh on 25 second ICD.

I wouldn't complain about a CD reduction, but I think the base heal should be for 20% more at least.

Natural Healing suffers from numerous problems:

1.)  long kitten cast time

2.)  fairly long CD (25s) with no trait to reduce it

3.)  removes all your boons...

I get that they wanted it to be a big heal and condi cleanse without being a clone of Mending, but there are too many downsides with too little upside, especially when you're normally running Strength and have access to traited Mending anyways.

I like your Troll Unguent idea, @Grand Marshal.4098.  I suggest the following:

-Heals for current amount (roughly 8500, competitive) over 5s 

-Cast time 3/4s.  Keep 25s CD (would be 20s remaining after the 5s heal)

-removes one condition per pulse.  Gain stack of Attacker's insight per condition removed.

Edited by CalmTheStorm.2364
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

I get that they wanted it to be a big heal and condi cleanse without being a clone of Mending, but there are too many downsides with too little upside, especially when you're normally running Strength and have access to traited Mending anyways.

-removes one condition per pulse.  Gain stack of Attacker's insight per condition removed.

That would make it very useful in situations where you, say, block but pop it before you block and get the heal ticks and cleanse in the meantime. I can see so much potential in improved warrior gameplay right there. 

Would you suggest for the boon removal to provide AI like Lan said earlier, or flat out getting AI from our heal outside of Boon rip? Would be an interesting synergy in any case. I like the ticking heal idea, I like the lesser cast and I also would like for a cosnume type of deal. Either condies or boons. At that point it wouldn't rly matter. With 5 seconds in the heal, we wouldn't boonrip ourselves for too much. 

3 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

That would make it very useful in situations where you, say, block but pop it before you block and get the heal ticks and cleanse in the meantime. I can see so much potential in improved warrior gameplay right there. 

Would you suggest for the boon removal to provide AI like Lan said earlier, or flat out getting AI from our heal outside of Boon rip? Would be an interesting synergy in any case. I like the ticking heal idea, I like the lesser cast and I also would like for a cosnume type of deal. Either condies or boons. At that point it wouldn't rly matter. With 5 seconds in the heal, we wouldn't boonrip ourselves for too much. 

I was thinking that it would no longer rip our own boons, but rather consume condis and return stacks of AI (in addition to any generated from CCing/ ripping boons from foes).

Fun fact: autocorrect wanted to change "boons" to "b.oobs." Just in case you needed another reason to spell check your posts xD

• Haha 1

On 10/16/2021 at 2:03 PM, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Along this thread, why not really lean into Spell’s intended role as an anti-boon monster and goes with something like;

Heal for 8500 health over the next 5 seconds. Cleanse 1 condition and remove 1 boon per interval from foes within 300 radius. Each boon removed heals for 250. 
This gives extremely high healing potential, good trait synergy, and fulfills the thematic role of spellbreaker.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 9:01 PM, oscuro.9720 said:

Buffing healing signet is definitely needed. It is really not good right now. 

I agree, but I don't think that it should be a straight buff. That always has the risk of being overpowered like in the past or still being too weak as it currently is.

Some mechanically changes would make it more interesting and give us some options to build around it. Imagine one of these two options:

1. Get healing every time you use adrenaline. Amount of healing is based on adrenaline used.

2. Get healing every time you build up adrenaline.

First option allows Burst healing on Core and smaller, but more regular healing on Berserker and Spellbreaker. Counter play is, as mostly on warrior, avoid getting hit. No adrenaline -> No burst -> No healing. Could be interesting, but could also be worse than current Healing Signet.

Second option is more passive, like the current version of Healing Signet, but allows some nice synergies (that, ofc, can be hard to balance!): You can get constant healing from Berserker Stance or get a lot of sustain just from playing Axe + trait. Small healing on weapon swap adrenaline gain is also a thing... and some other things. (Additional healing on "To the limit!"?)

Maybe not the best ideas, but imo more interesting than just buffing the current Signet 🙂

Edited by Rettan.9603
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Rettan.9603 said:

I agree, but I don't think that it should be a straight buff. That always has the risk of being overpowered like in the past or still being too weak as it currently is.

Some mechanically changes would make it more interesting and give us some options to build around it. Imagine one of these two options:

1. Get healing every time you use adrenaline. Amount of healing is based on adrenaline used.

First option allows Burst healing on Core and smaller, but more regular healing on Berserker and Spellbreaker. Counter play is, as mostly on warrior, avoid getting hit. No adrenaline -> No burst -> No healing. Could be interesting, but could also be worse than current Healing Signet.

Second option is more passive, like the current version of Healing Signet, but allows some nice synergies (that, ofc, can be hard to balance!): You can get constant healing from Berserker Stance or get a lot of sustain just from playing Axe + trait. Small healing on weapon swap adrenaline gain is also a thing... and some other things. (Additional healing on "To the limit!"?)

Maybe not the best ideas, but imo more interesting than just buffing the current Signet 🙂

Honestly, it would probably be fine to keep the current passive + active and add option 1 to the passive effect. Could start with something like 50 hp/point of adrenaline spent. IIRC, the baseline passive effect in competitive modes is a mere 230 h/s. Compare this to traited mending, which can theoretically occur every 17s. Say one spends 60 adrenaline in this window (actually kind of a lot). Healing signet would provide 230x17 + 50*60, for a total of 6,910 versus mending's 6,520 + removing 5 conditions. Yes, mending has a significant cast time, but burst skills can be interrupted, too.

I like this idea 😀

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rettan.9603 said:

I think this is a great idea. I really like the idea of gaining on adrenaline gain. This was an idea I had for a defense line rework, but on second thought makes much more sense on healing signet. 
It gives great synergy across traits, as you mentioned, and encourages consistent expenditure of burst skills in a more aggressive play style, as capping out your adrenaline would result in no adrenaline being gained, and therefore no healing. 
The next question is what to do with the active? The current active is awful. Maybe something like:

Healing Signet:(active) Heal for 4500 and drain all adrenaline. Gain 1000 health and 2s resistance per bar of adrenaline consumed. 

This gives a cap of 7500 health with 6s resistance (the current resistance duration). There’s actual resource management, timing, and a strong payoff for use of used correctly. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

I think this is a great idea. I really like the idea of gaining on adrenaline gain. This was an idea I had for a defense line rework, but on second thought makes much more sense on healing signet. 
It gives great synergy across traits, as you mentioned, and encourages consistent expenditure of burst skills in a more aggressive play style, as capping out your adrenaline would result in no adrenaline being gained, and therefore no healing. 
The next question is what to do with the active? The current active is awful. Maybe something like:

Healing Signet:(active) Heal for 4500 and drain all adrenaline. Gain 1000 health and 2s resistance per bar of adrenaline consumed. 

This gives a cap of 7500 health with 6s resistance (the current resistance duration). There’s actual resource management, timing, and a strong payoff for use of used correctly. 

Ok, that is a magnificent idea. I can get behind that!

• Like 1