Another delay might be necessary.

I don't think a delay will achieve what you are hoping for anyways..the industries just don't care for quality that much anymore it seems they know they can get away with much less and with no need to *innovate*..kitten if there are people who buy every new version of iphone do you really need to do much just make people pursue therapy through purchasing bs and talking about what they bought 😕.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 10/18/2021 at 6:01 PM, witcher.3197 said:

There's something happening every month, they can't keep delaying things indefinitely because of that.

And it doesn't matter when it's going to release, Blizzard is always keeping track of new releases so whenever Anet's releasing EoD they'll also release something for retail or TBC or classic fresh anyways. Can't dodge everything.

Cyberpunk showed that a delay is the better option. When Anet needs some months more, so it is. I really would have a better addon than a half thing with bugs or half assed features. Sure it shouldn't be 1 year but 2-4 months more i really do not care. Don't forget also the Crunch. Devs schould stay healthy and have fun what they do at work.

For my taste this addon lacks some major features. PvP in this game really needs some development. Since years the same modis. Progressive Guilds asking since RLS for a dedicated GvG Modus with leaderboards.

Edited by Grebcol.5984
  • Confused 4

7 minutes ago, Grebcol.5984 said:

Cyberpunk showed that a delay is the better option.

Not sure if a game that was delayed multiple times and still released in a sorry state is the best example to give.

Generally I don't think another EoD delay is needed due to other games of differing genres releasing in the same month, but that's something Anet has to figure out.

I'll just say delaying a game long enough might also end up either in a Duke Nukem Forever / Crowfall situation or Star Citizen development limbo.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Raknar.4735 said:

Not sure if a game that was delayed multiple times and still released in a sorry state is the best example to give.

Generally I don't think another EoD delay is needed due to other games of differing genres releasing in the same month, but that's something Anet has to figure out.

I'll just say delaying a game long enough might also end up either in a Duke Nukem Forever / Crowfall situation or Star Citizen development limbo.

Nah this will not happen. ArenaNet delivered 2 Addons. This Addon is very important for ArenaNet and the Franchise. So when they are in need for more time, im Ok with it. 

11 minutes ago, Grebcol.5984 said:

Nah this will not happen. ArenaNet delivered 2 Addons. This Addon is very important for ArenaNet and the Franchise. So when they are in need for more time, im Ok with it. 

Sorry, my bad. I didn't have the intention to sound like Anet will delay forever. I should have clarified that.

It was just a general statement about delays not always being the best, unrelated to GW2.

I share your opinion that if Anet needs more time for development, they should delay it a second time. Like you, I don't think they'll end up in a development limbo.

Edited by Raknar.4735

2 hours ago, Grebcol.5984 said:

Cyberpunk showed that a delay is the better option. When Anet needs some months more, so it is. I really would have a better addon than a half thing with bugs or half assed features. Sure it shouldn't be 1 year but 2-4 months more i really do not care. Don't forget also the Crunch. Devs schould stay healthy and have fun what they do at work.

For my taste this addon lacks some major features. PvP in this game really needs some development. Since years the same modis. Progressive Guilds asking since RLS for a dedicated GvG Modus with leaderboards.

That'd a different topic. OP is suggesting a delay to dodge competition, not to deliver a more polished product.

• Like 4

On 10/19/2021 at 5:47 PM, Faridah.8431 said:

There's no reason to delay at this point unless it just isn't finished by end of Feb 2022. You don't delay another month of two and get grand new features out of it. At this stage the work is refining what they've built, fixing things, etc.

Also, why would an MMO care about when a racing game and Dying Light 2 release? Every month has game releases.

No one talked about new features i talked about taking more time to polish what they already are working on.

• Confused 4

23 hours ago, witcher.3197 said:

That'd a different topic. OP is suggesting a delay to dodge competition, not to deliver a more polished product.

I suggested a delay because it acomplishes both and i also said in my post that much of what has been shown has been mixed so far.

I just expanded on the competition side of things because ppl often ignore that part.

• Confused 3

On 10/18/2021 at 12:12 PM, Witch of Doom.5739 said:

There's ALWAYS competition for games.  And I don't care about any of the other ones you listed.  So, ANet, please aim for that February release!

Always competition for games, but most people know that GW2 isn't going to win any of them, if we're going by history.  No new players come around, the veterans waddle out through attrition, and the game dies.  All the unique and bespoke pleasantries that only consistent players enjoy will never be seen, because this game has a penchant for being a wallflower.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4