Verbal abuse

Fny.4502

1 hour ago, Eugchriss.2046 said:

So if someone needs help but doesn't directly ask for it then I shouldn't help him?

And what does this have to do with insulting people ? Helping people is helping people. Not use degrading words towards them.

Imagine if a coach don't his athlete when he is doing wrong because he don't want to hurt his feelings. Heck even your parents did this for you when you were a child.

They taught me in a way that was not as far as I remember, saying all kinds of phobic stuff towards me or abuse me in any other way, they did it with kind words and actions, strict, but kind. 

I will say it again: Hiding behind your feelings will not get you anywhere. Facing your weaknesses will.

Maybe you should try to teach the toxic people on how to keep their feelings in check instead ? Instead of the people that are on the recieving end of their emotions and, in turn, abuse ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoldenPants.1870 said:

Maybe you should try to teach the toxic people on how to keep their feelings in check instead ? Instead of the people that are on the recieving end of their emotions and, in turn, abuse ?

It's not about what should or shouldn't be happening it is about what is and will happen, you can't control people, there will always be jerks what you can control is yourself and how you handle dealing with said jerks.

Before you say it, this isn't victim blaming it's realistic victim helping.

You can't blame a shark for biting you but you can laugh at the shark from the shallows 

2 hours ago, Lacdanon.1483 said:

It's not about what should or shouldn't be happening it is about what is and will happen, you can't control people, there will always be jerks what you can control is yourself and how you handle dealing with said jerks.

Before you say it, this isn't victim blaming it's realistic victim helping.

You can't blame a shark for biting you but you can laugh at the shark from the shallows 

You are wasting your breath. The only help they want is uncle anet’s help with banning and suspending players when they get their feelings hurt.  They want to be hand held, spoon fed and babied, they do not want to stand on their own two feet. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Abyeternity.5609 said:

You are wasting your breath. The only help they want is uncle anet’s help with banning and suspending players when they get their feelings hurt.  They want to be hand held, spoon fed and babied, they do not want to stand on their own two feet. 

"People who violate the Terms of Use because they're too weak willed to control their temper tantrums should not be punished for it" is such a weird take.

Wanting Anet to actually police their community isn't a matter of being strong or weak. It is a matter of quality control. If someone isn't mature enough to play the game without foaming at the mouth and screaming when they think someone made a mistake they aren't mature enough to play an online game and shouldn't be allowed to. 

We as a community should also call that behavior what it is; socially unacceptable. Making excuses or trying to paint the victims as emotionally weak will only validate the toxic behavior and make them feel in the right for doing it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ehecatl.9172 said:

"People who violate the Terms of Use because they're too weak willed to control their temper tantrums should not be punished for it" is such a weird take.

Wanting Anet to actually police their community isn't a matter of being strong or weak. It is a matter of quality control. If someone isn't mature enough to play the game without foaming at the mouth and screaming when they think someone made a mistake they aren't mature enough to play an online game and shouldn't be allowed to. 

We as a community should also call that behavior what it is; socially unacceptable. Making excuses or trying to paint the victims as emotionally weak will only validate the toxic behavior and make them feel in the right for doing it.

That’s your take, my take is that people need to grow up and stand on their own two feet. If you are an adult, act like it. You can’t expect anet to ban people because others got their feelings hurt, that’s living in the land of unicorns, pots of gold at the end of rainbows and pigs flying.

Nobody is condoning verbal abuse in this thread, nobody.

2 hours ago, Abyeternity.5609 said:

That’s your take, my take is that people need to grow up and stand on their own two feet. If you are an adult, act like it. You can’t expect anet to ban people because others got their feelings hurt, that’s living in the land of unicorns, pots of gold at the end of rainbows and pigs flying.

"People need to grow up..." -- Try telling THAT to the ones misbehaving and being toxic. Oh wait...that's "unicorn" stuff...my bad...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Can't miss what was never there in the first place...

It’s literally written in my post… lol

3 hours ago, Abyeternity.5609 said:

Toxicity is not an issue, you children need to grow up honestly, if people get mad they care that shows a healthy game mode also shows people on your team wants to win. You people want a soulless dystopian society where nobody can do anything at all you people are the real toxic people.. Nothing can be done about getting mad at bad players as long as people care about winning. You guys should just ask to take the scoreboard off and the ending screen so nobody knows who wins so you get what you all have been wanting all your lives a safe space on the internet.

Edited by Genesis.5169
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

On 10/18/2021 at 2:44 PM, Fny.4502 said:

generally end up somewhere in gold. But hey, even if I'm not all that great, I don't deserve the kind of abuse I've been getting the last few days

That's extremely entitled. PvP games have always been like this because you have a bunch of men who have something called testosterone pursuing the same objective. And many people just don't have great impulse control, especially if they're tired/stressed irl. I'm not saying this is ok, but it just is. And they're not necessarily bad people.

Lucky for you, you can just block them and move on with your life. Maybe you should just do your dailies in WvW and PvE, if the "verbal abuse" is too much to handle. Safe space.

Edited by mistsim.2748

51 minutes ago, Genesis.5169 said:

Toxicity is not an issue, you children need to grow up honestly, if people get mad they care that shows a healthy game mode also shows people on your team wants to win. You people want a soulless dystopian society where nobody can do anything at all you people are the real toxic people.. Nothing can be done about getting mad at bad players as long as people care about winning. You guys should just ask to take the scoreboard off and the ending screen so nobody knows who wins so you get what you all have been wanting all your lives a safe space on the internet.

Nope, not at all. People should behave like civilized humans, if they can't behave anet should just mute them. If mute isn't an option, then dishonor, maybe even permanent one. 

There is huge difference between toxic attitude like "uinstall kittening noob" and constructive criticism like "you should've rotated far instead joining already lost team fight". First one is simply demotivating, 2nd one allows person you write to learn on their mistakes and get better.

Since it's demotivating it causes damage to quality of games played. Let me give you an example, player A does bad rotation, player B gets toxic toward him because of it. Now imagine player A already noticed he did mistake by himself as he died as a result (we ALL do mistakes from time to time, even the best players), but toxicity from player B makes him lose focus and cause him to play worse for the rest of the match instead of moving forward. Now imagine YOU are on the same team. I guess you won't be happy that entire blaming and shaming starts after one bad action at the beginning of the match and people throw your match as a result?

Some people here still don't understand that their freedom to write in these forums is not a right but a privilege and NCsoft has the right to remove a user's privilege from posting in these forums. I suggest everyone to stop using derogatory terms and keep the discussion civilized if you want to continue.

6 hours ago, Genesis.5169 said:

Oh really, "not an issue" ? Tell that to the bitter tryhards in ranked then. And "grow up"? Tell that to the ones being toxic lmao! I swear, people really want to defend their "right" to be toxic, it's absurdly hilarious and ridiculous but also sad. No I will keep challenging this notion. Otherwise, communities become insular, develop their own echo chambers and collapse. Because nobody plays. And what's next? Oooh ooh I can guess, we're just pesky "SJWs" for challenging this notion right?

18 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Yes, I see words written but nothing of substance is actually said.

Maybe wipe the tears away from your eyes and actually start thinking about on a level more than “waah waah someone hurt my feeling, ban them”

So when someone calls you a useless idiot in the real world, do you run to the police and expect that person to be arrested or do you act like an adult, ignore them and get on with your life?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Abyeternity.5609 said:

Maybe wipe the tears away from your eyes and actually start thinking about on a level more than “waah waah someone hurt my feeling, ban them”

So when someone calls you a useless idiot in the real world, do you run to the police and expect that person to be arrested or do you act like an adult, ignore them and get on with your life?

See, this goes to show you have zero arguments. Now you resort to personal attacks. Again, I will challenge this notion of peoples' "right" to be toxic. Your analogy also falls flat.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

See, this goes to show you have zero arguments. Now you resort to personal attacks. Again, I will challenge this notion of peoples' "right" to be toxic. Your analogy also falls flat.

It wasn’t a “personal attack” I asked you a question of what you would do in a given situation. 🤦‍♂️ 

But we have our answer don’t we, you clearly dodged the question and assumed it was a personal attack on my part so we can definitely conclude that you are the type of person that would cry and run to the police and expect them to arrest the person.

So click the report button and have a sook about it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Abyeternity.5609 said:

It wasn’t a “personal attack” I asked you a question of what you would do in a given situation. 🤦‍♂️ 

But we have our answer don’t we, you clearly dodged the question and assumed it was a personal attack on my part so we can definitely conclude that you are the type of person that would cry and run to the police and expect them to arrest the person.

So click the report button and have a sook about it.

And thus, my previous point is proven. Thank you for reinforcing it for me. As far as your question goes, that is a dodge. It is a dodge from the original point of this topic. But I see that little sleight-of-hand. Nice try though!

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

And thus, my previous point is proven. Thank you for reinforcing it for me. As far as your question goes, that is a dodge. It is a dodge from the original point of this topic. But I see that little sleight-of-hand. Nice try though!

I’m sure you also see flying pigs, unicorns and those elusive pots of gold at the end of rainbows as well.

But it doesn’t change the fact that what you want isn’t going to happen, you cannot control what people do and say at any given moment, you cannot police people because they hurt your feelings, sure if they go to the extreme with racist, homophobic and sexual comments, that could warrant warnings etc, but expecting anet to suspend and ban players because they get toxic and hurt your feelings is a bit delusional. You are trying to challenge that which makes everyone different, human nature. And when it’s all said and done, the best thing for you to against someone that gets toxic is surprise surprise, exactly what other people are telling you to do, ignore them.

7 minutes ago, Abyeternity.5609 said:

I’m sure you also see flying pigs, unicorns and those elusive pots of gold at the end of rainbows as well.

But it doesn’t change the fact that what you want isn’t going to happen, you cannot control what people do and say at any given moment, you cannot police people because they hurt your feelings, sure if they go to the extreme with racist, homophobic and sexual comments, that could warrant warnings etc, but expecting anet to suspend and ban players because they get toxic and hurt your feelings is a bit delusional. You are trying to challenge that which makes everyone different, human nature. And when it’s all said and done, the best thing for you to against someone that gets toxic is surprise surprise, exactly what other people are telling you to do, ignore them.

Aaaah...there it is, the "ignore them" argument. That's what I was looking for. That is what I challenge. I challenge it with a simple concept that applies in all areas of life: ignoring a problem does NOT make it go away, it must be addressed directly. It's comforting to ignore bad behavior things in this world, but at some point they must be addressed. Even at the cost of popularity. Or else they will keep happening. If anything, ignoring the elephant in the room is what is as you say, "delusional" .

Just now, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Aaaah...there it is, the "ignore them" argument. That's what I was looking for. That is what I challenge. I challenge it with a simple concept that applies in all areas of life: ignoring a problem does NOT make it go away, it must be addressed directly. It's comforting to ignore bad behavior things in this world, but at some point they must be addressed. Even at the cost of popularity. Or else they will keep happening. If anything, ignoring the elephant in the room is what is as you say, "delusional" .

Its only a problem if you allow it to be a problem, but I guess you want to challenge the whole grow a thicker skin comment as well? You want to challenge the two most realistic methods of dealing with toxic people in this game because deep down someone hurt your feelings and you want them banned… right?

You seem to think it’s your right to tell others how they can act, it’s not, it never will be unless you acquire all 6 infinity stones and become God.

24 minutes ago, Abyeternity.5609 said:

Its only a problem if you allow it to be a problem, but I guess you want to challenge the whole grow a thicker skin comment as well? You want to challenge the two most realistic methods of dealing with toxic people in this game because deep down someone hurt your feelings and you want them banned… right?

You seem to think it’s your right to tell others how they can act, it’s not, it never will be unless you acquire all 6 infinity stones and become God.

Yes, I do want to challenge that. "Realistic" you say? I'm going to use an analogy. So if someone deliberately spills hot coffee on me, then does it magically become a problem when I say "ouch!"? Because that is essentially what you're arguing. You put the burden on the troubled and not the troublemaker. But go ahead, keep digging. I leave it up to everyone else to opine on this exchange after I dismantle this elementary "argument". Again, ignoring a problem does not make it go away. Yes, these players should be suspended, even banned. I guess that makes me the "big bad tyrant" huh? lolz