plz revert initiative icon change

necromaniac.7629

11 hours ago, necromaniac.7629 said:

so i realized this a permanent change now that NO ONE asked for, its so annoying i just cant play the same with it like that, it was perfectly fine before....plz revert this unecessary change anet i've never been so annoyed

No. Also: I’m happy to hear your life has been so awesome thus far that this is the most annoying thing you’ve ever encountered.

• Haha 9

The real answer is let people decide for themselves with options to change it.

Think about how Anet's competitor FFXIV handles UI customization. Job HUD icons have multiple sizes and visual appearances people can select between. (among hundreds of other UI customization options)

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This is only my guess, but I think visually it is probably meant to help you gauge where you are on your shroud gauge below it maybe, even though for a lot of people this is probably not even a problem at all. I'm guessing there is still a purpose behind it even if the one I stated might have nothing to do with it.

25 minutes ago, necromaniac.7629 said:

this is why the forums is a mess cause of weird people like you...why are you trying to be shady and rude?

The forums are a mess because people burst on stage, claim they speak for the entire community, claim that this one change will break everything, and claim that they have the only viable solution. There are so many duplicate threads arguing the same issues to death, with the same “assertion as argument” approach, that nothing every really gets resolved.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shrew.3059 said:

The forums are a mess because people burst on stage, claim they speak for the entire community, claim that this one change will break everything, and claim that they have the only viable solution. There are so many duplicate threads arguing the same issues to death, with the same “assertion as argument” approach, that nothing every really gets resolved.

and my question still stands, why were you trying to be shady and rude? idk why you're trying to stray away from my main point?

3 minutes ago, shrew.3059 said:

it wasn't even that deep, i was venting, you seem very bothered

• 1 month later...
On 10/23/2021 at 12:10 PM, necromaniac.7629 said:

so i realized this a permanent change now that NO ONE asked for, its so annoying i just cant play the same with it like that, it was perfectly fine before....plz revert this unecessary change anet i've never been so annoyed

It's significantly harder to read now that it's staggered instead of being a straight line. Did Anet actually seek feedback before imposing this change? It's annoying, I don't play my thief anymore because of it.