Specter Tether [F1] Remake Suggestion

Cheeseman.1987

3 minutes ago, Meridian.9103 said:

But it also doesn't mean that everything he says or suggests is wrong, so... why not discuss the actuall matter instead discussing if someone may or may not be qualified to make a suggestion?

Its the internet, if you don't dot your Ts and cross your i's, your argument is invalid.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Meridian.9103 said:

But it also doesn't mean that everything he says or suggests is wrong, so... why not discuss the actuall matter instead discussing if someone may or may not be qualified to make a suggestion?

Thought it's clear that I agree with the previous posters that said he should wait with rework suggestions until we play the especs in beta events. If it wasn't, then I hope it is now 😛 

7 minutes ago, BobbyT.7192 said:

Its the internet, if you don't dot your Ts and cross your i's, your argument is invalid.

If saying "I play a lot so I'm automatically fit to balance the content that I've never even played in the first place" is "dotting your Ts and crossing your i's"(?), then sure. But it's not. Just saying that if he wanted to make a point, writing "I know because I play this game" is not the way to do it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

To be clear, my point wasn’t that players can’t contribute to design, it’s that we should realise the limits of those contributions.

Presumably, the devs have more experience on the design/development side of this game, but we can certainly help them with our perspective of how that works out in practice. In my opinion, reporting bugs, experiences (good/bad), strange interactions, are more useful than trying to do armchair software design.

Can we try to act like junior partners in a complex collective project rather than arrogant, unsolicited consultants?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I'll be including a lot of feedback on the "tether" mechanic but I'm waiting until after the Beta because there are many things that play into how it functions. 

I'm going to be looking at targeting issues, team coordination for getting multiple boons, the comparative benefits of using a Specter versus other support builds in various game modes and content types, etc. I'm also going to be considering alternative designs that may make the Specter feel better to play. 

BUT. I am waiting until after we have the ability to test the Specter. There's a lot of things that a short showcase (with no cooldowns and CMC using infinite initiative and shadow force regen) cannot tell us. We are going to see this literally tomorrow. I hope everyone enthusiastically provides feedback on the tether mechanic after they have the chance to play around with it. 

• Thanks 1