Mechanist Condi Question

Doctor Hide.6345

So, I was wondering with this new elite would a P/P Condi build be even viable if you took all the top condi traits for it? Frankly, I think the mace looks like a stupid weapon, and I don't use shields in any game because aesthetically they don't match my looks which really just leaves p/p and rifle. Or is this more a matter of wait and see to know if that will even work.

It might work in PvE, it will mostly be a matter about the numbers.
Currently I'm not impressed about the condition stacks the Mech where show to pump out. Mech command 1 looked nice, 8 stacks of bleeding is solid. But 2 were a static field pulsing confusion which ain't that good in PvE and #3 cames with a 3 stack burning on short duration and rather long CD. We haven't been shown how many of our traits interact with the Mech, so maybe if our condi duration increasing traits ect work we are on to something?

But we will still be able to supply condi from weapon kit piano play as always, even while most of us had hoped we could get away from that playstyle.

I have a hard time seeing it being worth using for a condition dmg build in PvP tho

3 minutes ago, Amadeus.5687 said:

Currently I'm not impressed about the condition stacks the Mech where show to pump out. Mech command 1 looked nice, 8 stacks of bleeding is solid. But 2 were a static field pulsing confusion which ain't that good in PvE and #3 cames with a 3 stack burning on short duration and rather long CD. We haven't been shown how many of our traits interact with the Mech, so maybe if our condi duration increasing traits ect work we are on to something?

But we will still be able to supply condi from weapon kit piano play as always, even while most of us had hoped we could get away from that playstyle.

I have a hard time seeing it being worth using for a condition dmg build in PvP tho

Ah, ok. I apologize as well. I am mainly talking PvE and not PvP since PvP the Mech will either get ignored or focused anyways.  I see what you mean on what the mech attacks actually do. Hmm, So, I guess it is more a wait and see with how the traits interact with it in the end to really determine if it is worth it.

1 minute ago, Doctor Hide.6345 said:

Ah, ok. I apologize as well. I am mainly talking PvE and not PvP since PvP the Mech will either get ignored or focused anyways.  I see what you mean on what the mech attacks actually do. Hmm, So, I guess it is more a wait and see with how the traits interact with it in the end to really determine if it is worth it.

Yeah pretty much, one thing for sure is; Mace will do less condition dmg then Pistol main hand with what we were shown.
So if you wanna build a condi dmg build it's still P/P with all the issues that weapon setup have 😕

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Amadeus.5687 said:

Yeah pretty much, one thing for sure is; Mace will do less condition dmg then Pistol main hand with what we were shown.
So if you wanna build a condi dmg build it's still P/P with all the issues that weapon setup have 😕

Or the power build uses rifle over mace/shield and mace/pistol. Lack of Engi weapons really stinks at times.

7 minutes ago, Doctor Hide.6345 said:

Or the power build uses rifle over mace/shield and mace/pistol. Lack of Engi weapons really stinks at times.

I stings more then ever indeed. In special cause we still don't have weapon swap and we loose our Toolbelt ability's. Like this is the first elite spec that leaves us with fewer options and not more options

1 hour ago, Amadeus.5687 said:

What makes me sad is that the mecha can just and only inherit on-hit traits from explosives, since it is especially mentioned there.

With how much they make us rely on the mech, it should inherit all our traits by default...

How it seems, our mech won't be able to trigger our condition traits in firearms for additional bleed and burn stacks.

15 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

What makes me sad is that the mecha can just and only inherit on-hit traits from explosives, since it is especially mentioned there.

With how much they make us rely on the mech, it should inherit all our traits by default...

How it seems, our mech won't be able to trigger our condition traits in firearms for additional bleed and burn stacks.

Yeah I'm also afraid that is how it will work; Which in return will mean very limited trait options when we buildcraft. We will pretty much be forced into explosives, which heavly favor Grenade Kit, which force us into Grenade kit which mean we are gonna end up doing what we always have been doing when going for condi dmg tbh.

A thing that also annoys me is the RNG they applied to condi mechanist.
So its going to be like that:

Our mech has a 33% chance to make an explosion on hits. Explosions have a chance to inflict bleeding on 33% chance. Our crit chance is between 35-40%. Our critical hits have a 33% chance to inflict bleeding.

So our explosion hits will be:
33% that mech does explosion -> 33% that our explosion inflicts bleeding -> 35-40% chance that our explosion is crit -> 33% chance that our crit inflict bleeding.
RNG was already too much in core and now our mech also gets RNG. They should make it like guardian virtue on f1 -> Every X hit inflicts bleeding. And not RNG everywhere.
Can our mech even get enough hits to make https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shrapnel function on our mech? It attacks pretty slow.

Edited by SeTect.5918
Spelling
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, SeTect.5918 said:

A thing that also annoys me is the RNG they applied to condi mechanist.
So its going to be like that:

Our mech has a 33% chance to make an explosion on hits. Explosions have a chance to inflict bleeding on 33% chance. Our crit chance is between 35-40%. Our critical hits have a 33% chance to inflict bleeding.

So our explosion hits will be:
33% that mech does explosion -> 33% that our explosion inflicts bleeding -> 35-40% chance that our explosion is crit -> 33% chance that our crit inflict bleeding.
RNG was alrealy too much in core and now our mech also gets RNG. They should make it like guardian virtue on f1 -> Every XX hit inflicts bleeding. And not RNG everywhere.
Can our mech even get enough precision out of power mechanist traits to make https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shrapnel function on our mech?

Yeah I thought the same thing when I saw it "Great another 33% chance to go with the 33% chance".
It's not even like the Mech seems to be pumping out that many attacks in quick succession when it's the condition melee attacks. 
Can't see why it's not just always counting for "explosive" 

• Thanks 3

As I posted in another thread, there's a total of maybe three condi fights where confusion is actually strong (Twin Largos, Soulless Horror mainly, Sabir but it phases, Cairn as well but mace won't be strong on CM). Everywhere there is a breakbar that boosts condi by 100% it is better off to have bleeding , torment, or burning since those do not lose damage. Confusion loses damage when breakbar is broken because when a target is stunned it cannot activate the on skill use part of confusion.