Completely disapointed with endgame community

7 minutes ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

heaven forbid you gain champion points in pve. Because everyone in Eso looks at your champion score and expects you to be a pro if you have a certain number.  I had a bad experience running regular dungeons in that game.  Hell, my 65 year old father doesn't run dungeons in eso anymore because of the toxicity.

Oh I go one better (or worse). Because I spend most of my time on overworld maps I don't use my champion points, so the number is absolutely misleading. It might say I have 500CP or whatever but I have the stats of a fresh level 50 (in gold crafted set gear, but still). Luckily my guild knows and doesn't care and lets me do normal dungeon with with anyway (I don't do vet dungeons) but I avoid group content with people I don't know for exactly that reason.

7 minutes ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

I think the biggest mistake people make when trying to get into raids or CMs in this game is to pug right off the bat. That will be a nightmare experience. My advice before you do anything you regret and high emotion can make us to silly things like delete chars. Go over to the group content forum and look for a training raid group, or ask around for a raid training guild or even a guild that is starting raiding. Then you can work your way into a static group. People think they can just pug raid when 80 in this game like LFR in wow, it isnt like that here and pugs can be brutal. So get some experience under your belt, dont take the game so seriously,  with a little time and experience and making new friends you can raid. 

I think it's also important to say you don't have to get into raids or any type of Fractals or dungeons unless you want to.

If you enjoy that type of content then it's absolutely worth taking the time to find a friendly group to teach you, or to learn together, but it's not required. I get the impression a lot of people try to treat GW2 like a traditional MMO and assume as soon as they reach level 80 they should stop doing the story, stop playing overworld maps and focus mainly or exclusively on instanced content or PvP just because that's how they expect MMOs to work.

One of the things I really like about this game is all content is viable at 'end game' including staying in overworld maps, and choosing to do that doesn't mean you won't be able to get things like top tier equipment or masteries. (You can't get all the mastery points of course, but there's more than necessary to max everything out.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Opposite experience of what I have seen in this game. Done all raid content (including CMs,) all fractal content, wvw, pvp (up to top 100) and never saw anything like explained by OP. 

Closest is in ranked pvp you can get some sore losers sometimes that will rage, but something that happens in all games with PvP.

PvE side of things is generally kind and willing to explain things.

Not victim blaming, but could your attitude possibly relay some of that too you?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

A lot of good advice was already given and since OP seems to be gone already, it might be too late, but since to my surprise no one already brought it up....

... can I have your stuff?

Anyway, take care and I hope you find a gaming home that fits your needs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I think it's also important to say you don't have to get into raids or any type of Fractals or dungeons unless you want to.

Yes thats true but a lot of players come here from games that they raid in and want to do the same here. That sounds like the OP to me, its dif here and im just trying to explain the best way to accomplish that in GW2

What do you expect from pug groups? I suggest you try to create a semi static group / guild with people you know to prevent this from happening.  Fillers that you find in LFG are typically quiet or just leave without saying much.

The block feature is a great thing. Anytime I see someone making a fool of themself I block them. It does not even have to be directed towards me. I do this because I don't want to be around those types of people so I make sure I don't. After you do some vetting you will not be bothered much.

• Like 1