Mini Mr. Sparkles currently available for 75 gems

Danikat.8537

Maybe this isn't a big deal for anyone else, but it is for me so I wanted to share in case someone out there needs to know.

Mini Mr. Sparkles is (was?) one of the rarest mini pets in GW2. It hasn't been available at all since December 2013 and then was only available in special promotions (at first via codes given away at real-life events, then for buying 4,000 gems with real money in December 2013.)

Now it's available by buying (or being gifted) any New Life item from the gem store and going to Lion's Arch. I can confirm that works even if you do it after the goal has been reached because I did it about half an hour ago for my second account, which was after Anet reached their goal.

If you want it on your own account you just need to have bought an Extra Life item from the gem store, then go to Lion's Arch (or log out to character select and back in if you're already there). If you've already bought something (and therefore have the blue title) you don't need to buy anything else, just go to LA. If you haven't yet bought anything the cheapest item is an Extra Life Karma Booster for 75 gems (about 22g at the current exchange rate).

You can also unlock the mini by being given an Extra Life item as a gift. The process for me was:

1) Gift 1 Extra Life Karma Booster from my main account.
2) Log into second account and collect the booster from the mail, which unlocked the Extra Life Donor achievement and the blue title.
3) Go to Lion's Arch (for me that meant log out and back in because I was already in Lion's Arch).
4) Get awarded the (Annual) Extra Life Donor achievement and a pop-up chest with the mini pet inside, and the historial Extra Life Donor achievement and Feisty Feline Tonic.

The only limitation I've found so far is it's not available to free accounts without a character level 35 and above. Free accounts can buy gem store items (although they can't convert gold into gems) or they can be sent them as gifts, but you have to go to Lion's Arch to get the mini and characters on free accounts can't go there until level 35.

Edited by Danikat.8537
Clarifying the process
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7

4 minutes ago, zombyturtle.5980 said:

Its nice they made it available again but really kitten they made it so stupidly cheap.

Well originally it was free. You had to be at the event of course, but if you were they were literally just handing codes out to anyone they met.

It was kind of the same with the December gem store promotion, you had to buy 4,000 gems but if you did the mini was a free bonus, you still had the gems to spend on something else. I sort-of paid for it because I wouldn't normally buy that many gems in one month, but it just meant I didn't buy any for a few months after that. I know other people who didn't even know the promotion was happening, they just got the mini sent to them and had no idea why or where it came from.

I'm just glad it's available again. One less unavailable item. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Helpful post, though I want to reiterate something that was confusing the people I sent it to:

You do not need to gift the booster to another account; you can buy it for yourself and unlock this achievement and associated mini reward.

Good point.

I forgot that might not be obvious, and wanted to emphasise that getting it as a gift also works in case people can't afford it themselves or want to give it to someone else, plus that was the process I went through. I'll edit my post to make it clearer.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Well originally it was free. You had to be at the event of course, but if you were they were literally just handing codes out to anyone they met.

It was kind of the same with the December gem store promotion, you had to buy 4,000 gems but if you did the mini was a free bonus, you still had the gems to spend on something else. I sort-of paid for it because I wouldn't normally buy that many gems in one month, but it just meant I didn't buy any for a few months after that. I know other people who didn't even know the promotion was happening, they just got the mini sent to them and had no idea why or where it came from.

I'm just glad it's available again. One less unavailable item. 🙂

It completed devalued one of the last rare minis though. Its not the end of the world but I dont like that choice.

• Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I can't find him in the Gem Store, though...

The mini is not buyalke in the gem-store, you have to buy one of the "Extra Life"-items or bundles (the cheapest ist the 75 gems booster), then you will get the mini as achievment-reward.

You can just search for extra, they may not be on the top of the list of the promotion-tab.

Edited by Schimmi.6872
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2