Runecrafter's Salvage-o-Matic bug and request a refund

Toxon.3865

On 11/18/2021 at 6:43 AM, MikeG.6389 said:

It says: "100% chance of salvaging upgrades."

When you salvage an item using any of the Salvage Kits available in the game, and I mean any item, any kit, what happens to the item?

Salvaging is the process of destroying something to gain some materials from it. The description is accurate.

In Guild Wars 1, you used salvage kits for both functions: To deconstruct items into crafting materials and to remove upgrades like runes and inscriptions from items.

Salvaging runes off items was very common. And you ended up with the rune. So, I get the misunderstanding.

1 hour ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

In Guild Wars 1, you used salvage kits for both functions: To deconstruct items into crafting materials and to remove upgrades like runes and inscriptions from items.

Salvaging runes off items was very common. And you ended up with the rune. So, I get the misunderstanding.

But this is not Guild Wars 1 and salvaging has always worked the same way in GW2 during the past 9 years and counting.

Yeah I also got the wrong idea about this salvage kit as well, exactly the same interpretation others are mentioning here.

Took me a little while to figure out what it actually did but once I did I decided to keep it and now use it exclusively for salvaging my green items while the copper fed salvages whites and blues.

1 hour ago, MikeG.6389 said:

But this is not Guild Wars 1 and salvaging has always worked the same way in GW2 during the past 9 years and counting.

Actually no before this salvage stuff was introduced aka the 13 november 2018 update the percentage that is now to salvage the runes was the chance you got the runes back only back than there were only the silver salvage o'matic and copper salvage o'matic tools from the gem store. November 13: Salvage Runes and Sigils | GuildWars2.com

I have been playing GW2 like 4,5 years now and before that update any salvage tool would salvage the item and had a chance of also getting the rune back from the item (aka recovering the upgrade).

Edited by Ashnod.4365
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ashnod.4365 said:

Actually no before this salvage stuff was introduced aka the 13 november 2018 update the percentage that is now to salvage the runes was the chance you got the runes back only back than there were only the silver salvage o'matic and copper salvage o'matic tools from the gem store. November 13: Salvage Runes and Sigils | GuildWars2.com

I have been playing GW2 like 4,5 years now and before that update any salvage tool would salvage the item and had a chance of also getting the rune back from the item (aka recovering the upgrade).

Yes and alot of player asked for it to break down the runes since your inventory got littered with green runes after every salvage.

It was a welcomed change.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yes and alot of player asked for it to break down the runes since your inventory got littered with green runes after every salvage.

It was a welcomed change.

I know that's why I linked the introduction page of GW2 itself I mean at first I was like but what about the exotic runes that had a chance to be extracted? Now a days with all crafting at 500 I'm like why not craft them anyhow.... I remember the inventory clutter of low level runes/sigils 😞