I hope that jade sea preview video proove you finally that I was right about jade

hugo.4705

https://www.mmorpg.com/news/guild-wars-2-unveils-the-frozen-power-source-that-is-the-jade-sea-2000123655

What I told new in the new kainerg thread hmm?

The video literally starts with jade "it powers the canthan empire" two sec later we see jade mech sentries like in echovald forest so maybe jade brotherhood. 0:30 of video? Jade pipe like rata novan circuitry with ley line. 

0:32? They have FORCE FIELDS. 

Giant machine that look like a drill excavating. 

What we saw at the end of video? BOOM jade maw from fractal.

WHO WAS RIGHT HMM? I Said that jade maw fractal were in canthan jade quarry.

Are there still peoples thinking cantha is still old , traditionnal and not high tech? HMMMMMM?

Edited by hugo.4705
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

19 hours ago, hugo.4705 said:

Are there still peoples thinking cantha is still old , traditionnal and not high tech?

While there is all that technology, some parts of Kaineng may still be traditional.

We can take Japan as an example. On the surface, it's one of the most advanced countries in the world. Yet there are still traditional buildings, shrines, temples etc. all over the country and in active usage. I don't see why Kaineng shouldn't be similar.

There should also be run-down parts of the city and outright slums for us to venture into, where the people live who can't effort all the jade-fanciness.

If Kaineng end sup being a one-dimensional heap of Jade-manure, it'll be the biggest disappointment of that expansion.

Edited by Fueki.4753

I don't think anyone ever argued that Cantha/Kaineng is old, traditional, and not high tech.

Rather, it's that certain people don't like that it looks that way.

Also, technically OP, your argument was - to quote you:

On 11/3/2021 at 12:20 PM, hugo.4705 said:

The fact that aetherblade are in cantha, itself speak about mists. Since last time mai trin were shown was in the mist. All the flotilla of aetherblade airships is equiped with mist rift opener device? Kind of a big deal if the case.

Thanks to recent story, we saw jormag, kralkatorrik and aurene opening mist portals to teleport themselves or their armies around, so ability of creating a rift is draconic magic/ability. So, it can be turned into a device to do the same thing. 

The big jump in technology could be tied to mist travel and aetherblade. 

We know mai trin escaped to the edge of the mist after escaping prison.

Fractals of the mist trin tell us that the mist shows the past , the present or the future.

They could even link aetherblades with auris weirdbringer: we still don't know when he got its aetherblade uniform, between grothmar and field of ruin appearance but we don't know more.

I'm 100% sure that scarlet didn't only saw mordremoth in omadd machine but also the deep sea dragon and cantha. While her mission was to awake mordremoth, she gave the mission to mai trin to go to cantha. Cantha of the past. And that is mist rift stabilizer storyline.

Remember that sentence: the big events who affected tyria also affected cantha . Sure, zhaithan flooding, mordremoth ... death of balthazar..... but also bloodstone explosion and bloodstone incursion rifts.

Call it far fetched, but, the infinity sphere storyline, with us leading an army of steam creatures... I call out that those steam creatures were prototype and come from cantha. First attempts at jade technology. But then, they god perfectionned and led to things like mechanist mechs.

From wiki: steam creature appeared in lornar, wants to extend their territory for unknown reasons.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Steam_creature

Those first attempt of using jade being to wild and making crazy agressive constructs, canthan threw them in a mist portal set to a random location, ended being lornar pass. Scarlet noticed the jade energy in them and created twisted clockworks with it. (Notice the green sparks in twisted clockwork creatures).

Before ls1, scarlet already sent an agent to cantha to study jade technology. That agent is the character we see in the trailer as joone. The progress of jade technology worked, and the agent asked to be joined by someone from modern times: mai trin.

Auris weirdbringer is in fact a very high ranked aetherblade that was in charge of time/mist travel. Whereas for some agents it worked, auris ended stuck in loop and appear at several places in same time, all part of its timeline, so possible to see him in cantha.

So yeah hard to think about it, but someone, who already experienced all the events we faced, went to the past in cantha, to tell them what will happens, that the advancrment in technology is needed and that cantha have to become more technology advanced to protect their elder dragon. What the point of the deep sea dragon, you will tell me? Scarlet knew she would be killed by the commander. And that eventually mordremoth will be killed, but, she bet on jade power and one last dragon to stop us.

What if you could create a tome machine powered by jade that would allow to bring all the elder dragons back to life? 

This us the ultimate failsafe plan, you rewind time, hoping to prevent thd person that destroyed your plan.

Maybe the deep sea dragon has more knowledge than others too, we will see.

The jade tech expansion in cantha isn't natural just after a miner found jade. Someone, who knows about draconic magics or elder dragons  went to cantha.

Not a lot of candidate: Durmand priory? Inquest? Scarlet? Or a dragon itself.

Sure we can think that one day an engineer saw the use, but imho, with the help of zephyrite or asura . 

I still bet 100% that jade technology in new kainerg and cantha is due to aetherblade and deep sea dragon.

TL;DR

Scarlet sent Mai Trin through time to Cantha's past to develop Jade Tech with Inquest Tech as part of some master plan that includes the Infinity Ball, Auris Weirdbringer, Balthazar, and more to stop the Commander from destroying the world accidentally (or something).

And that's rather silly. Not to even mention the silliness of this thread title.

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086

On 11/17/2021 at 2:33 PM, hugo.4705 said:

https://www.mmorpg.com/news/guild-wars-2-unveils-the-frozen-power-source-that-is-the-jade-sea-2000123655

What I told new in the new kainerg thread hmm?

The video literally starts with jade "it powers the canthan empire" two sec later we see jade mech sentries like in echovald forest so maybe jade brotherhood. 0:30 of video? Jade pipe like rata novan circuitry with ley line. 

0:32? They have FORCE FIELDS. 

Giant machine that look like a drill excavating. 

What we saw at the end of video? BOOM jade maw from fractal.

WHO WAS RIGHT HMM? I Said that jade maw fractal were in canthan jade quarry.

Are there still peoples thinking cantha is still old , traditionnal and not high tech? HMMMMMM?

Do I think that Kaineng will be low tech? No. Do I love the idea of a high tech Cantha? No. If I return to this expansion area down the line I am fairly certain that Shing Jea or Echovald will be my favorite locations because they are so removed from the technological disgust. I almost wish they had just gone with the old Guild Wars 2 trope of having every major landmark be suddenly flooded. They can do whatever they want, but if I'm honest, asuran magitech has been my least favorite part of Guild Wars 2 because it completely changed the aesthetic of the game. That is an opinion, not a fact. I can only hope that there are some regions of the Jade Sea that look like old times.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Narcemus.1348 said:

Do I think that Kaineng will be low tech? No. Do I love the idea of a high tech Cantha? No. If I return to this expansion area down the line I am fairly certain that Shing Jea or Echovald will be my favorite locations because they are so removed from the technological disgust. I almost wish they had just gone with the old Guild Wars 2 trope of having every major landmark be suddenly flooded. They can do whatever they want, but if I'm honest, asuran magitech has been my least favorite part of Guild Wars 2 because it completely changed the aesthetic of the game. That is an opinion, not a fact. I can only hope that there are some regions of the Jade Sea that look like old times.

Indubitably.

On 11/17/2021 at 3:33 PM, hugo.4705 said:

Shing-Jea and Echovald are definitely not high tech, and those are half the maps we're getting in EoD. I'm guessing the Jade Sea is just the main industrial part of Cantha that gets all the resources, so obviously the heavy-tech would be centered on that. I'm speculating Kaineng's going to be a blend between Jade Sea level tech and the more traditional looks in GW1.

Also, I haven't seen anyone saying Cantha's technology should remain "old" or "traditional", as significant levels of technological development would have clearly taken place in 250 years, especially with new access to Dragonjade tech. What many people, including myself, don't want is unrealistic levels of technology that could not have possibly been developed even by the Asura (i.e. steampunk Kaineng where everything's metal/electric and there's flashy neon lights everywhere).

Edited by Poormany.4507