Give elite abilities a real use or reduce their cooldown. (PVE)

Peter.3901

I guess it's not new to anyone that elementalist is the worst class in the game, basically, it's a class where you strive to do something (still worst) that any other class can do without any effort.

But one thing I've never been able to understand is why the cooldowns on elite skills are so high that they're unusable in the PVE scenario.

Conjure Fiery Greatsword: 180 seconds, really? please, tell me what's the point of this? i can make a list of strongest elite skills from another professions that take 1/4 of this CD and can do way more.

Glyph of Elementals: 40 seconds, actually, the only elite usable, with earth... because verything else dies and the wind one are blind, and... is the only elite we got without the 9999 CD thing...

Tornado: 150 seconds, Another cool skill, but those 150 seconds make it really annoying to have.

Rebound: 75 seconds, This skill is a pure joke, almost useless and very annoying to do anything with,  very hard to use, why 75 seconds then?

Weave Self: 90 seconds to do something that should be a feature in the core class, since switch elements means nothing than a worst way to switch weapons.

And a bonus:

Elemental Celerity: 90 seconds to recharge weapon skills for a single element. Arena... what's your problem?

There are professions that can do everything better with 1/5 of the effort, so why do Elementalist need to be that bad and boring?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Boring, I may agree with you on that one, since it's about personal reception (and I share that viewpoint).

However I find fiery greatsword kinda powerful though. I would just like Anet to make the second weapon spawned more useful (something like halving cooldown if it's picked up and reclicking the button to equip it if it's still there after the first one expires).

I personally hate Rebound for the reason you mentioned, however some might argue this is one of the best elite skills out there (I'm not one of them because I don't have the ability to use it efficiently).

As for Elemental Celerity :
While it still feels pretty super boring to me, I can see it becoming very useful for our class. Imagine you didn't manage to time your rotation well and messed up the cooldown on some of the skills : you press the elite skill and not only can you perform twice right away your weapon skills, but you can correct the messed up cooldown on your other skills since you spent a bit of time adding new actions to your rotation.

For hammer it can also provide relatively easy access to emergency weapon skills that ups your survivability (things that were featured on the latest updates)... unless the concerned attunement is on cooldown.

Since we're already going to be busy with our rotation, the elite might go off cooldown sooner than we realize, unless we're really getting destroyed in the meantime.

Edited by Tabootrinket.2631

I definitely agree on Tornado and FGS.  FGS should just be a kit at this point along with other conjure weapons.  Tornado does nothing that justifies such a ridiculous cooldown. 

Rebound and Weave Self are powerful effects with appropriate cooldowns.  The issue with Rebound is it doesn't do enough outside of the cheat death effect, making it too situational.  Weave Self just has an unwieldy design, but a 90s cooldown is fine for a long-lasting buff like this.

• Like 3

Fgs is very powerful in the right hands. It's really just based on how familiar you are with the weapon. Evade, leap, aoe and skill two tracks moving players (up to 10 foes). But even if you're skilled enough to use both and get the full minute use, you're still punished with an 140 sec CD. 

And that's if you get the full minute. Very unlikely in harder game modes. Full CD should be reduced by 30 sec at least. But I'd prefer a conjure rework anyway. 

Instant cast time. Ammo function. Double click for ground placement. 

Edited by Stallic.2397
  • Like 2

Tornado is bad... like all transformation elite, truly.

FGS is pretty good. Bothersome to use because it's a conjure but pretty good nonetheless as it add mobility and evade to damage.

Glyph is... well... Not for everyone. There is a lot of potential in it but "wild pet gameplay" do not really suit some part of the game (PvP/WvW).

"Rebound!" is a skill that can make the difference in a downhill fight.

Weaveself active isn't great but the "passive" is nice.

Elemental celerity is a waste on elementalist. The skill effect would be "good" on pretty much every other profession thought. Elementalist just have to many skill options on it's weapons for an elementalist to really need a CD reset, it make this elite unattractive.

• Like 1

Actually, Rebound is just awesome. It gives Auras, which means, it cleanses (and gives other boons, like reflects, dmg reduction, might...) and it keeps your party from going down. A well timed Rebound can really change a battle. 

The rest... is kind of me. Tornado can be good in some very very specific situations - but even then everything else is probably better. FGS gives you a nice dmg option, but the cooldown is really brutal. The glyph.... is borderline useless unless you play around herding elementals. Which isnt that useful either.