Balance Patch Wishes

Zuko.7132

Everything is too intricately linked for any real positive changes to take place. Everyone can assume that scourge and spellbreaker will be nerfed but you'll never really know. They might be given questionable buffs.

I enjoy creating lots of builds to experiment with but I'm going to be realistic and say that much of the game will be hard to salvage without a overhaul. I don't think we will ever see significant changes though, there is no money in pvp. At this point I'd play on a gw2 classic server if they introduced it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Elxdark.9702 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Elxdark.9702 said:Nerfs:
  • Spellbreaker: FC/Last stand/resistance
  • Scourge: corruption/cast time
  • Holo: might stacking
  • Firebrand: boon stacking/heal multiplier
  • Mirage: condi burst (actually better than power burst lul)

Buffs:
  • Soulbeast: traits/stances/beastmode pet swap/pets/dagger/bugs/(pretty much everything except for dolyak stance)
  • Weaver: sword(slightly)
  • Renegade: delete this and make a new elite
  • Deadeye: fix the 12321312 bugs/mark cast time/cantrips/rifle rework

Ftfy

I agree traits are really bad but stances are alright, maybe some minor buffs or just a cd reduction will be fine.Pets are also ok, they just need to fix gazelle AI. I'd love to see some changes on beastmode abilities because most of the pets on beastmode are useless.

Soulbeast is not that bad, of course if you are going to compare it against the overtuned HoT specs/spellbreaker scourge then yeah it's bad, but I feel it just needs some tweaks and a more rewarding beastmode.

Which stances are alright? The only usable ones are Bear Stance and Dolyak Stance. The rest are garbage and Bear Stance is outclassed by both We Heal as One and Troll Unguent when traited. Bear Stance is only decent vs condis. It has a really crappy base heal and the cooldown is way too long for its effects.

Dolyak Stance is decent. Bear Stance needs to be either 20 seconds base cooldown or Leader of the Pack needs cooldown reduction (I'd prefer the latter). The rest of the stances need to be reworked completely.

To sum it up, (asides from Bear Stance and Dolyak Stance) we have:

1. 1 stance on a 45 second cooldown that gives us 3 dodges
  2. 1 stance on a 30 second cooldown that gives us might and poison, which we already have in abundance
  3. 1 stance on a 25 second cooldown that gives us boons and boon duration but the cooldown doesn't actually sync up with any of our utilities/weapon skills, thus making it awkward to use in a fight

Pets are not okay.

How many pets did Anet gives Soulbeasts in the new expansion? 5.

How many are actually used? 2... Gazelle and Jacaranda. Iboga barely sees any use in casual play. Cheetah and Sand Lion are both completely trash.Also, Gazelle can't hit a moving target and the damage is meh, its only used for the Beastmode skills. And Jacaranda is ranged pet with melee autoattacks, how does that make any sense?

@Chaith.8256 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@Sarathes.3810 said:

@Sarathes.3810 said:Holosmith
  • Increase CD on Holo Leap to 4 seconds
  • Crystal Configuration: Eclipse down to 1 Stack of Stability. Double the Barrier

Oh honey...

Holo leap is like our only gap closer in that melee mode, and 4 seconds would only allows us to use maybe twice in an entire barrage? Also, decreasing our (only) access to stability for a measly amount of barrier? Lul!

I just think, that Stability shouldnt be so easily accessible than it is right now. I think a total of 2 Stacks Stability is enough. Atm Spellbreaker and good Holos are basically immune to CC. I just like to get some better Gameplay where interrupts and high CD CC Abilities actually matter instead of beeing borderline useless. One Stack instead of two makes it possible to hit some big CCs sometimes.Remember the days where you actually had to bait dogdes and Utilities that gave stability to set up your Dmg-Combos with a nice Stun or Knockdown? Stability Application shouldt be so easy and on such a low CD. I like it that you have to be scared of well timed CC instead of just not caring.

Also 1200 Barrier without any Healingpower on a 6 sec CD? Its not super high, but its not measly if you are asking me. It wont make the trait useless. just less of an nobrainer of a pick.

The corona burst stability gives us a grand total of 2 stability, and that's if we trait for it (1 on the initial strike, 1 on the follow up explosion). That's the only stability holos get access to unless they're using juggernaut (which makes no sense). Our other stunbreaks don't provide stability. A melee class like holo w/o stability just gets knocked around like nobody's business. As it stands, corona burst is the
first
thing I have to pop when I enter forge, or I can expect to get knocked around while I'm trying to burst. Unless you're ready to nerf the absurd amount of CC in the game as well, the stability reduction is nonsensical.

And 1200 barrier is measly -- a single shot from most weapons will eliminate it, on top of its quick disappearance. Doubling that just means it might be an actually acceptable amount of barrier.

@Sarathes.3810 said:On Holo Leap:I find it quite ridicilous if you take the whole skill into account. HighDmg , 600 range Gapcloser, Swiftness for Allies, Leap Finisher and small AoE. You get that all (untraited!) on a 2 sec CD? Just think about that a moment and tell me its not Powercreep in its finest.

I'm ok with reducing the damage on holo leap, but not the CD. The problem is that unlike other melee classes, engineer doesn't have much in the way of "gap closers." Our utility movement skills are for escape, not distance closers (rocket boots would shoot us past the target, and superspeed is finicky). Holo leap is the only gap closer intended for that purpose, and its distance is not as impressive as it might seem -- it's a relatively slow leap.

Yeah but you have perma 2 stacks pretty much. You're pretty much immune to ccs in a 1v1.

Well here's what you get exactly, with 31% boon duration from surging runes and alchemy concentration trait, with each Corona Burst you get 3.5 seconds of having 1 stab stack, and 2.5 seconds of having 2 stab stacks.

With my Holo build I spam forge skills for around 12-15 seconds, getting 3 Corona Bursts, roughly 18 seconds of Stability if I start cold, because I run Enhanced Capacity Storage and use quickness to get the lead out. However, to get my heat back down to 0 I need to cool for 20 seconds. You can obviously enter the Forge again before you completely cool off, but you need to AT LEAST wait 10 seconds or you'll overheat before you can leave. 10 seconds of cooling only expels 25 heat, but 20 seconds of cooling expels 125 heat. Huge emphasis on waiting the 15-20 seconds to properly manage heat.

I think it's realistic to say there's about a 50% uptime of Stability for Holosmith, give or take, and if we consider these assumptions fair, roughly 21% overall uptime of 2 stability. So not quite perma 2 stability.

Hmm, I see. Would it be correct to say you'd have perma stab in Photon Forge then?

50% stab uptime is still more than you'd get on Soulbeast, yet I think I recall you saying on stream that rangers have too much access to stab after one of our 1v1s, correct me if I'm wrong.

Either way, I'm not complaining about Holosmith, I personally think its fine. Regardless, warrior's stab uptime outclasses every other build in the game if they run Last Stand and Balanced Stance. They are pretty much entirely immune to cc.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Elxdark.9702 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Buffs:
  • Soulbeast: traits/stances/beastmode pet swap/pets/dagger/bugs/(pretty much everything except for dolyak stance)

Ftfy

I agree traits are really bad but stances are alright, maybe some minor buffs or just a cd reduction will be fine.Pets are also ok, they just need to fix gazelle AI. I'd love to see some changes on beastmode abilities because most of the pets on beastmode are useless.

Soulbeast is not that bad, of course if you are going to compare it against the overtuned HoT specs/spellbreaker scourge then yeah it's bad, but I feel it just needs some tweaks and a more rewarding beastmode.

Which stances are alright? The only usable ones are Bear Stance and Dolyak Stance. The rest are garbage and Bear Stance is outclassed by both We Heal as One and Troll Unguent when traited. Bear Stance is only decent vs condis. It has a really crappy base heal and the cooldown is way too long for its effects.

Dolyak Stance is decent. Bear Stance needs to be either 20 seconds base cooldown or Leader of the Pack needs cooldown reduction (I'd prefer the latter). The rest of the stances need to be reworked completely.

2. 1 stance on a 30 second cooldown that gives us might and poison, which we already have in abundance
  3. 1 stance on a 25 second cooldown that gives us boons and boon duration but the cooldown doesn't actually sync up with any of our utilities/weapon skills, thus making it awkward to use in a fight

Pets are not okay.

How many are actually used? 2... Gazelle and Jacaranda. Iboga barely sees any use in casual play. Cheetah and Sand Lion are both completely trash.Also, Gazelle can't hit a moving target and the damage is meh, its only used for the Beastmode skills. And Jacaranda is ranged pet with melee autoattacks, how does that make any sense?

You're way too biased and tilted about soulbeast, seriously it's not that bad. It needs some tweaks and buffs obviously but anyways this isn't the thread to discuss about soulbeast so let's wait until tuesday.

@Elxdark.9702 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Elxdark.9702 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Buffs:

Ftfy

Pets are not okay.

You're way too biased and tilted about soulbeast, seriously it's not that bad. It needs some tweaks and buffs obviously but anyways this isn't the thread to discuss about soulbeast so let's wait until tuesday.

Soulbeast works when the only thing you use on it is the beastmode mechanic. I'm not biased, the utilities, mainhand dagger, and pets are garbage. Why don't you think you see more Soulbeasts on the leaderboard?

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Elxdark.9702 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Elxdark.9702 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Buffs:

Ftfy

Pets are not okay.

Soulbeast works when the only thing you use on it is the beastmode mechanic. I'm not biased, the utilities, mainhand dagger, and pets are garbage. Why don't you think you see more Soulbeasts on the leaderboard?

You don't see any mirages/druids or chronos anymore because spellbreaker exists.

But I agree with you Soulbeast needs buffs and a better Beastmode, but it's not that bad in my opinion.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

50% stab uptime is still more than you'd get on Soulbeast, yet I think I recall you saying on stream that rangers have too much access to stab after one of our 1v1s, correct me if I'm wrong.

Jeez no you misquoted me horribly by saying I think Strength of the Pack or Soulbeast's Dolyak Stance needs a nerf.

Chaith has done a really good list, but i’ve a few buffs that i think the forgotten warrior spec deserves.

shield bash nerf reverted

fast-hands baseline for warrior

entering berserk counts as spending 3 bars of adrenaline for related traits

entering berserk spends 3 bars (which you had to build up) so it’s pretty insane that it doesn’t proc CI & AH. berserker needs it’s sustain back to be viable again, i wanna play w the big boys.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Chaith.8256 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@Sarathes.3810 said:

• Crystal Configuration: Eclipse down to 1 Stack of Stability. Double the Barrier

Oh honey...

Holo leap is like our only gap closer in that melee mode, and 4 seconds would only allows us to use maybe twice in an entire barrage? Also, decreasing our (only) access to stability for a measly amount of barrier? Lul!

I just think, that Stability shouldnt be so easily accessible than it is right now. I think a total of 2 Stacks Stability is enough. Atm Spellbreaker and good Holos are basically immune to CC. I just like to get some better Gameplay where interrupts and high CD CC Abilities actually matter instead of beeing borderline useless. One Stack instead of two makes it possible to hit some big CCs sometimes.Remember the days where you actually had to bait dogdes and Utilities that gave stability to set up your Dmg-Combos with a nice Stun or Knockdown? Stability Application shouldt be so easy and on such a low CD. I like it that you have to be scared of well timed CC instead of just not caring.

Also 1200 Barrier without any Healingpower on a 6 sec CD? Its not super high, but its not measly if you are asking me. It wont make the trait useless. just less of an nobrainer of a pick.

The corona burst stability gives us a grand total of 2 stability, and that's if we trait for it (1 on the initial strike, 1 on the follow up explosion). That's the only stability holos get access to unless they're using juggernaut (which makes no sense). Our other stunbreaks don't provide stability. A melee class like holo w/o stability just gets knocked around like nobody's business. As it stands, corona burst is the
first
thing I have to pop when I enter forge, or I can expect to get knocked around while I'm trying to burst. Unless you're ready to nerf the absurd amount of CC in the game as well, the stability reduction is nonsensical.

And 1200 barrier is measly -- a single shot from most weapons will eliminate it, on top of its quick disappearance. Doubling that just means it might be an actually acceptable amount of barrier.

@Sarathes.3810 said:On Holo Leap:I find it quite ridicilous if you take the whole skill into account. HighDmg , 600 range Gapcloser, Swiftness for Allies, Leap Finisher and small AoE. You get that all (untraited!) on a 2 sec CD? Just think about that a moment and tell me its not Powercreep in its finest.

I'm ok with reducing the damage on holo leap, but not the CD. The problem is that unlike other melee classes, engineer doesn't have much in the way of "gap closers." Our utility movement skills are for escape, not distance closers (rocket boots would shoot us past the target, and superspeed is finicky). Holo leap is the only gap closer intended for that purpose, and its distance is not as impressive as it might seem -- it's a relatively slow leap.

Yeah but you have perma 2 stacks pretty much. You're pretty much immune to ccs in a 1v1.

Well here's what you get exactly, with 31% boon duration from surging runes and alchemy concentration trait, with each Corona Burst you get 3.5 seconds of having 1 stab stack, and 2.5 seconds of having 2 stab stacks.

With my Holo build I spam forge skills for around 12-15 seconds, getting 3 Corona Bursts, roughly 18 seconds of Stability if I start cold, because I run Enhanced Capacity Storage and use quickness to get the lead out. However, to get my heat back down to 0 I need to cool for 20 seconds. You can obviously enter the Forge again before you completely cool off, but you need to AT LEAST wait 10 seconds or you'll overheat before you can leave. 10 seconds of cooling only expels 25 heat, but 20 seconds of cooling expels 125 heat. Huge emphasis on waiting the 15-20 seconds to properly manage heat.

I think it's realistic to say there's about a 50% uptime of Stability for Holosmith, give or take, and if we consider these assumptions fair, roughly 21% overall uptime of 2 stability. So not quite perma 2 stability.

Hmm, I see. Would it be correct to say you'd have perma stab in Photon Forge then?

Only in a duel scenario (and even then, that's assuming the enemy doesn't have a lot of CC's like chrono). In group combat, you can still be quite vulnerable to CC pressure in photon forge).

@Chaith.8256 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Jeez no you misquoted me horribly by saying I think Strength of the Pack or Soulbeast's Dolyak Stance needs a nerf.

My bad :)

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Chaith.8256 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@Sarathes.3810 said:

Oh honey...

first

Only in a duel scenario (and even then, that's assuming the enemy doesn't have a lot of CC's like chrono). In group combat, you can still be quite vulnerable to CC pressure in photon forge).

Yeah I know, I meant the stab uptime is pretty nice in a 1v1. It's meh in a group setting only because there are so many ccs flying around

Archived