What's the average heal per second on Healbrand?

Zacchary.6183

From a thief main to the Guard community, I've been trying to find out Specter's healing potential with maffs and theorycrafting and wanted to compare it's healing to Healbrand, but I can't find any calculations in the internet. Mapchat is also useless (said it depends but didn't really give numbers). I also tried to look at the build myself and run numbers, but there seems to be a fair amount to it and I felt it would be quicker to hear from those who've used it. Any experienced healbrand here care to share?

Edited by Zacchary.6183

23 hours ago, Zacchary.6183 said:

From a thief main to the Guard community, I've been trying to find out Specter's healing potential with maffs and theorycrafting and wanted to compare it's healing to Healbrand, but I can't find any calculations in the internet. Mapchat is also useless (said it depends but didn't really give numbers). I also tried to look at the build myself and run numbers, but there seems to be a fair amount to it and I felt it would be quicker to hear from those who've used it. Any experienced healbrand here care to share?

More than will ever be needed to clear any content. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Hello,

As far as I know it is way harder to get a meaningful value of how much healing per second a class can deliver than it is for damage per second. Basically, the reactive nature of healing means you cannot really copy/paste a rotation and extrapolate numbers ; in a real situation you spam your "soft" heals to keep your team's life pools high and save your burst when needed. So how does a real situation fare? Let's look at some arc-dps log from gw2 wingam and find out shall we.

Well, I have found an interesting strike run against the kodan bears that will perfectly illustrate my point. The firebrand got between 250 and 300 healing per second consistently. Then, in the last few seconds, the bears enraged and the healing suddenly spiked. The healbrand ended up doing more than a third of his entire healing over the last 1,5 seconds of the fight (he/she provided 5.355 healing per second shared between 3 allies if you are curious). The point is: you cannot heal the damage that has not been done yet and it does not takes much dodging from your mates to hard cap the healing that you can do.

Ok so what number should you aim for then? I have looked at a modest sample of arc-dps log for fractals and strikes (not just the one mentioned above) and it seems that the routine healing per seconds needed to keep a competent team healthy kinda depend on the fight but is often low enough that i feel every healer should be ok. As far as the burst heal is concerned, a healbrand* can in theory do 18.375 healing on 5 targets over 1,5 seconds with tome 2 (skills 5-1-1-1-1) but that is a high cooldown overkill move. For reference empower (staff 4) provide a more modest 6.922 healing on 5 targets over 1,75 seconds on a 20 second cooldown (16 with the trait Honorable staff).

Note that those values may not necessarily reflect a real fight and you should not try to fixate on those anyway. For example people often casually dodge away from symbols completely negating them ; a weakness that specter targeted healing - with all the drawback that come with this unique feature - do not have.

I hope it answers your questions.

*: In this example the firebrand uses harrier gear, fully stacked monk rune, sigil of transference, delicious rice ball and bountiful maintenance oil.

Edited by Guybrush.4762
  • Like 1

I happen to have an HB.  I popped into the game and checked the numbers real quick:  

191 HP/s from Battle Presence

274 HP/s from Regeneration

192 HP/s From Symbols

Roughly 286 HP/s from the Mace auto attack. That is 944 HP/s, just by being near one.  If you include the 40% total outgoing healing modifiers, this comes 1,322 HP/s.  This doesn't include the healing from aegis, staff skills, Bow of Truth, or virtue 2 actives. 

• Like 1

In most raid content using arcdps self stats I am between 2-4k healing per second on healbrand. This doesnt include aegis negating damage though which is a big reason why a healbrand is used (among other things like stab spam.) 

The better you get at healbrand and encounters the lower your hps will be so its difficult to compare to other classes

• Like 1

• 1 month later...