Vindicator Final Beta POLL

Dahkeus.8243

Vindicator Second Beta   

64 members have voted

1. 1. 1. How well do you believe this spec can perform in PVE given its Design/Balance?.(How much do you like it for PVE)

• Good/Like it
    • Average/Meh
    • Bad/Hate it
  2. 2. 2. How well do you believe this spec can perform in PVP given its Design/Balance?.(How much do you like it for PVP)

• Good/Like it
    • Average/Meh
    • Bad/Hate it
  3. 3. 3. How well do you believe this spec can perform in WVW given its Design/Balance?.(How much do you like it for WVW)

• Good/Like it
    • Average/Meh
    • Bad/Hate it

So far it's nice to use in all game modes, however this poll is too simplistic. At the moment I'm having a good time but I'm NOT using Alliance at all. Plus I have to use 2 melee weaponsets (instead of my usual melee+ranged) because GS is nice for cleave, but underperforms on its own. 

Legendary Alliance is pretty much useless compared to Shiro+Jalis. 

Edited by Kidel.2057
  • Like 1

I feel the Kurzick/blue side of alliance is really good against condi (mostly due to Tree Song being spammable).

I find the heal (the healskill, not overall sustain) on alliance really underwhelming on both sides. Easily interruptable, doesn‘t heal a lot, heals in ticks and locks you out of doing anything else, since it is a channel.

I know the heal is low because the cd is low, but I‘d rather have a bigger, shared heal (as in luxon and kurzick go on same cd) with a higher cd.

Edited by Raknar.4735
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Design wise It feels a lot better, for all game modes. The ability to have kurzick skills/luxon skills on demand is nice and actually feels a lot more fluid to me. 

WvW:

Gs5 I'm starting to notice isn't landing as much as i'd like it to. I believe the explosion time may be a tad too long and players are simply walking out of it, unintenionally. I'm not really sure how to balance this though. I've noticed that in the unfortunate circumstances where a player gets singled out, they'll get hit with all 5 guarenteed hits for like 16k+, but with more targets it seems to miss a lot. I think the best solution may be to simply reduce the explosion timer.

On GS skills, I'm noticing the majority of my damage is still from hammer. That isn't to say vindicator isn't adding to a lot of my damage through leviation Strength, Death Drop, and the 240 power minor trait, but i'm still finding i'm really competing in damage with other specs like reaper and DH. Asmall buff to dps by reducing the cooldowns of GS skills could go a long way as the damage numbers i am seeing seem fine, but i can't use them often enough.

PvE:

On the PvE side, The rotation feels really good. Again, the numbers are still a little low but the rotation has actual burst and isn't super dependent on Hitbox size (with the exception on GS5 but I'm going to come back to that). The rotation is very, very reminiscent of the old 4-loop condi renegade rotation which is super super hype for me.
Again, Gs5 is a slight problem, but mostly a number tweak. I'm noticing in a full berserker build fully buffed, i'm doing less damage on GS5 than a DH gs2 with the same buffs. I dont think changing the hitcount would be good, just upping the coefficient.

I can't comment on PvP as i dont play it.

1 hour ago, Kidel.2057 said:

So far it's nice to use in all game modes, however this poll is too simplistic. At the moment I'm having a good time but I'm NOT using Alliance at all. Plus I have to use 2 melee weaponsets (instead of my usual melee+ranged) because GS is nice for cleave, but underperforms on its own. 

Legendary Alliance is pretty much useless compared to Shiro+Jalis. 

Yea, there is the fundamental question of "why should you run the new legend?" and the answer has to be more than "because it's new and comes with the elite spec." 

So far, the only real distinct advantage from the stance (outside of some small movement skills) is either extra damage or condi cleanse.  The healing of the kurz side is nice, but competes with the heavy sustain that Jalis provides.  The lux side is definitely more damage, but the dwarf stance is still good for damage since it's a constant, uninterrupted AoE cleave.  Most of all, the utility of the stability road is just far beyond anything the Alliance stance really seems to provide.

The new stance isn't bad, per se, but it's not the clear superior choice for Vindicator like Dragon Stance is for Herald.  Personally, I think the missing link is some sort of CC beyond a small stun tied to stun break.  People already hate Revenant for the heavy damage it brings to PvP and that's with builds like Herald and Shiro Ren that provide a lot of AoE CC at the same time.

I haven't made up my mind yet, but I can definitely understand the mediocre feedback given so far.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/1/2021 at 6:55 AM, Daddy.8125 said:

I'd be fearful it's going to get nerfed it has alot of 1 shot potiental. 

Gs5 maybe considered to do alittle bit too much DMG 😂😂

i dont think it has so much one shot potential, moreso because it doesnt hasve as much dmg as other classes so you could say its at most average oneshot potential

i shared my opinion on the oficial post already but i guess i can shere here too.

Vindi is already a decent elite, much better than in the previous beta, but archemorus lacks cc and a bit dmg, as for vicky i think just giving unique boons,/ effects could make it a desireable healer in normal groups.

For arche changes id say,  make gs3 pull enemies around you like the raptor skill, itd give you cc on pve and would be a great pressure skill for wvw pvp, scavengers burst should get more dmg and not burn, like why does it burn if you are clearly power oriented, and no if uou want hibrid you wont go with vindi just for a single burn, the same goes for the spear, torment is nonsense there, instead oncrease its dmg maybe by enemy health thresholds loke, under 50% you do x1. 5 dmg or smth or maybe give cc to the spear, also sry but skills like gs5 that are so dependant om luck and huge hitboxes are awfull in my opinion, but well i guess if it doent get one random skill its not rev.