What is the point of Willbender? [PvP]

Ragnar.4257

8 hours ago, Kuya.6495 said:

That's the problem though.  On willbender in pvp you can't choose your engagements like a thf can. Since you lack the disengage invisible provides, you rely on your mobility and the mobility willbender has is only enough to outrun builds that have no swiftness, movement traits or ports of their own. That's my principle complaint about willbender in pvp. Not enough sustain to survive a bad match up and not enough disengage to outrun them either. So what can you do but die?

Yup. When i said a taste of thief i meant not a complete taste. Even thief tastes better than WB. It'll feel similar to those moments when thief was getting nerfed by anet while other classes remained strong. Like swipe nerf, overall destruction of acrobatics, pistol5 nerf, backstab nerf and many more that i cant even remember anymore over all these years. And yet people back then used to say "thief is fiiiine, just dodge and l2p lol". So now we're full circle..and guardian got a similar treatment. 

Edited by Dave.6819

1 hour ago, Guirssane.7082 said:

Radiant core GS is a better roamer build than any WB build unfortunately, youre just gimping yourself by taking WB right now

Yeah radiant core can afford to take take valor for improved meditation cd's and healing. If you were to take wb you either have to drop radiance, or drop valor. Since they nerfed valor a while back and wb cant afford to run as many medi's, its likely valor getting dropped.

i wonder how can a Core GS catch up with a mobile enemy lol.. Judges 40 seconds cooldown and a clunky GS skill.

Willbender IS stronger. People are just still learning how to use it. Better gap closes, better escapes, similar damage (or even more in some cases). I think its just a matter of time.

• Confused 2

> Changes virtues so that they have shadowsteps to "catch the enemy"

-  They have cast time

- Other classes also got shadowsteps 

> But active effects are strong right ?

- 5 hits to trigger them

- Guard has almost no fast hitting weapon

- Remember the changes of scepter #2 and focus #4, now they are slow as hell

- If you land 5 hits the enemy is probably almost deade

> You also benefit from the traitline

- But all the options are utterly trash

> But you got nice utilities right ?

- An other useless elite that will not help you hit faster

- Long cast time

- No dedicated traits

- No condi cleanse 

- No heal

- No support abilities

- One miserable break stun

Meme clown anet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, aelska.4609 said:

> Changes virtues so that they have shadowsteps to "catch the enemy"

-  They have cast time

- Other classes also got shadowsteps 

The shadowstep on f3 is so short it would make more sense to have it insta cast and just be in place. Right now it spends time shadow stepping to a spot you .... could have walked to in the same time.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, KeoLegend.5132 said:

i wonder how can a Core GS catch up with a mobile enemy lol.. Judges 40 seconds cooldown and a clunky GS skill.

Willbender IS stronger. People are just still learning how to use it. Better gap closes, better escapes, similar damage (or even more in some cases). I think its just a matter of time.

Dellusional

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Guirssane.7082 said:

Dellusional

Willbenders role in PvP is basically to advertise herald to guardians. 

"Here's a weakened version of herald to make you see what your missing go roll a herald to get this playstyle done right" 

They aren't balancing proffessions their balancing proffession popularity 😂 

On a serious note. Willbender is just still missing the front loaded damage options and versatility to make the playstyle it's going for work. It feels like a nerfed herald realistically. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

If willbender is going to be good it should have some improvements.

f-1 should lose its las windup animation the rush is already a huge tell

f2 should heal for 1k base

f3 should be 900 range

Adepts traits feels fine

major traits

restorative virtues: needs something more like a regen or quickness.

holy reckoning: need a buff a single might is not enough would add more might or 10% critical chance

vanguard tactics: is a solid trait could add maybe more range to your f3 or apply its pasive to your teamates.

Letal tempo should last 10 secs

grand master

this trait lines feels like is just a drawback line everithing has negative effecs but it has potential if the drawbacks are deleted

example

pheonix protocol if it still heals and it add regen and aclarity would be great

letal tempo instead of reducing the duration if it increased it would be better

Deathless courage is ok if you lose the aegis but it should increase the duration by 2 seconds.

• Like 1