really hope for drastic changes in untame

BadSanta.6527

class felt boaring during the betas  , the ambus is plaster for lack of creativity  , why hammer get diffrenet skill bar ??!! 

also , why anet took the effort to order the pets in to family just for the sake of soulbeast ? why zero traits that amplifay the pets ? 

f1-6 feels like a mess to be honst 

really hope for drastic change 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PolarBear.3961 said:

Same 😕 i hate the ambush i hate the no auto pet control and i hate that im going to be stuck with the core ranger again... i just want the wow bm spec in gw2 gosh darn it !

Why do you hate ambushes? I think they were a great improvement for untamed in general.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kodama.6453 said:

I think they were a great improvement for untamed in general.

Well, they had to add *something*, since the spec was so severely lacking, and since they failed miserably to deliver what they said to deliver with the spec, which imho seems to point to how little actual effort was put into this spec compared to some of the others.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, OGDeadHead.8326 said:

which imho seems to point to how little actual effort was put into this spec compared to some of the others.

I'd say Untamed got the same amount of effort. However ranger needs a lot more effort compared to other classes since there is a lot of issues the come from the base design.

I personally like the Ambush skills and when they tweak them a bit to work smoother that part of the kit will be good enough. The issue with the pet UI and AI on the other hand needs some work. UI might be fine with usual auto-cast setting we already had on class skills and a bit of a change to make keybind swap work on all ranger specs. Pet AI needs a lot of love and not only for untamed but for the whole ranger class.

Also a lot of changes to pets are needed with some pets being unable to even attack due to animations and quickness being useless on them when there is so much ranger-pet quickness traits.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 2:09 PM, Beddo.1907 said:

I'd say Untamed got the same amount of effort. However ranger needs a lot more effort compared to other classes since there is a lot of issues the come from the base design.

I personally think anet should already know ranger requires more effort than other classes because any reason, so they should plan accordingly. 
If the profession requires 50% more time because pets spaghetti code that should have been previously planned. The players did not designed the class and definitely we did not write the code behind it. 

The “same effort”clearly does not cut it, all ranger elites have felt unfinished and very buggy but untamed seems like the devs just gave up after naming it. 

And it is not only at mechanical level, even the animations feel unfinished and very lackluster. As an example the cantrip teleport while on engie the same skill has a very distinct animation and sound effect in untamed is just a teleport with no animation or effects whatsoever. Just just skip the movement. Which is buggy and goes on CD even if it when doesn’t  work. Same goes for the pets. 

The green goo is ugly because the textures and effects are so basic. I was complaining about how basic the beastmode effects are on soulbeast, untamed is even worse. 
The cantrip which cast the vine walls is just the reused beastmode vines which spawn around the soulbeast. There has been minimal effort creating any effects for this elite. It seems all was wasted in a vain experiment with the dual aspect hammer.

definitely this elite does feel very subpar compared to the general gw2 quality and the cutting corners is very visible.

But at this point I just wish the elite to mechanically work so I am able to give it a pass, I am not even asking for it to look decent. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, anduriell.6280 said:

untamed is just a teleport with no animation or effects whatsoever

This one is actually designed this way just to use it with hammer to start casting the skill and get a clean hit with good timing.

Which is buggy and goes on CD even if it when doesn’t  work. Same goes for the pets. 

But yeah the fact that you can use it out of range for no effect is just stupid and the fact that cd is longer to balance out the cd reduction mechanic when it can just fail to work is just... wow.

But at this point I just wish the elite to mechanically work so I am able to give it a pass, I am not even asking for it to look decent. 

Personally I hope they just decided to use basic animations and effect for the beta because they were not sure about the espec mechanics and skills and only fully designed part that were 100% getting added (like the f3 which I actually like since it works with the theme and ranger identity). 

For now they should just focus on fixing the technical issues and finding a new "point" of the espec and balancing towards it. There is actually few great pieces of the kit that should be expanded like cooldown control (I still think Quick draw is one of the reasons rangers future has hope) and lifesteal. CC is weak as a "point" of a class but it HAS some potential if Untamed gets a personal rule that applies to CC like having taking more stab stacks per hit (overbearing smash takes 2 stacks already).

Edit: Also I hope new pets are not going to be completly overpowered causing Untamed control to be insane value and causing the espec to be left as is or worse in design to balance it out.

Edited by Beddo.1907

9 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

This one is actually designed this way just to use it with hammer to start casting the skill and get a clean hit with good timing.

But yeah the fact that you can use it out of range for no effect is just stupid and the fact that cd is longer to balance out the cd reduction mechanic when it can just fail to work is just... wow.

Personally I hope they just decided to use basic animations and effect for the beta because they were not sure about the espec mechanics and skills and only fully designed part that were 100% getting added (like the f3 which I actually like since it works with the theme and ranger identity). 

For now they should just focus on fixing the technical issues and finding a new "point" of the espec and balancing towards it. There is actually few great pieces of the kit that should be expanded like cooldown control (I still think Quick draw is one of the reasons rangers future has hope) and lifesteal. CC is weak as a "point" of a class but it HAS some potential if Untamed gets a personal rule that applies to CC like having taking more stab stacks per hit (overbearing smash takes 2 stacks already).

Edit: Also I hope new pets are not going to be completly overpowered causing Untamed control to be insane value and causing the espec to be left as is or worse in design to balance it out.

I do expect new pets to be broken and be balanced out along the way, but that's is something we are used to at this point. It happened in HoT,  the same in PoF so EoD would not be an exception. 

I agree with you,  i would ask the devs first to focus on the mechanical side, animations and looks can be ignored at this point. Still i just wanted to point out that even at visual level the untamed is very bland on that level too looking more like placeholders than fully finished skills. 

About the teleport, the animation can still be there and the untamed can use the skill while casting another. Even the basic blinks from core guardian do like a flash or something. The fact the untamed has no animation really makes it feel like an "unnatural transversal" in a sense that breaks immersion (pun intended). The fact untamed has no or very subtle animations will be a problem for pvp in the future as players won't be able to react to most effects but that's an issue for the future. 

But as i said for the moment i could give the elite a pass just for being mechanically sounded as i fell the new elite is in such a bad state that talking about how bland the animations are is only piling up in unfortunate choices at this point.