High Rating Disparity Duo's Cause Unbalanced Matches, Limit the Gap to 100 or Less Rating Points

lightstalker.1498

2 hours ago, Genesis.5169 said:

You remove duo you remove spvp, many will leave out because of that fact, I am one of them i and i know atleast 10 plat+ players who will leave over this. Cutting more content is not the way.

OU NO THE HORROR 10 people wouldn't be able to meta game the matchmaker on a personal achievement leaderboard. This is one of the reasons people say rank doesn't matter, people want to play the game  not the matchmaker, it was always stupid to sacrifice 10s of thousands of players for 200 people that play the game outside the game. 
As @Bazsi.2734 said nuke it, but also put up some kind of tournament team leaderboard as pseudo 5 man ranked since we all know that teams will just play the leaderboard in Asynchronous manner if you don't force them to play against each other. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Genesis.5169 said:

You remove duo you remove spvp, many will leave out because of that fact, I am one of them i and i know atleast 10 plat+ players who will leave over this. Cutting more content is not the way.

Cutting content is a shame. Cutting bad content is a blessing. 

The way content is cut now is very polarizing, but DuoQ isn't a well-established amulet, or a fun build for a class that everyone can play.

DuoQ just isn't polarizing. The majority of people either dislike it, or don't care about it. That makes it bad content.

Old PvP dev once said: 92% of the average player's matches are SoloQ only 

That's part of the reason it was restricted to begin with, and the biggest indicator that DuoQ is bad content.

The rest of the reasoning comes from people likely similar to those same 10 people you're asking us to feel pity for now; exploiting DuoQ to no end, and turning over 90% of Ranked's population against themselves. 

6 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Cutting content is a shame. Cutting bad content is a blessing. 

The way content is cut now is very polarizing, but DuoQ isn't a well-established amulet, or a fun build for a class that everyone can play.

DuoQ just isn't polarizing. The majority of people either dislike it, or don't care about it. That makes it bad content.

Old PvP dev once said: 92% of the average player's matches are SoloQ only 

That's part of the reason it was restricted to begin with, and the biggest indicator that DuoQ is bad content.

The rest of the reasoning comes from people likely similar to those same 10 people you're asking us to feel pity for now; exploiting DuoQ to no end, and turning over 90% of Ranked's population against themselves. 

I am telling you solo queue only will be the perma death of spvp i promise you.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/30/2021 at 6:17 AM, lightstalker.1498 said:

It's not friends playing together, it's a person who wants to climb with a buddy on a low rated alt to get easier matches. 1600-1700 or higher rated player queues with a false silver, who is currently rated in the 1000s or 1100s. You know what kind of match that gets them. Thing is that same low rated account loses alot of matches, but not when they duo with the high rated buddy.

Suggestion is to lock up duos to 100 rating points or less disparity. Matches will be more fair, and you will see less wacky stuff in games. I don't want duos to go away, but players need to queue with others of the same caliber and not try to manipulate for easier matches, you know, I know, we all know this is cheating even if  (nerd voice) "technically" it's allowed. Time to make it "not allowed".

Besides if only so many people duo, then you will see less bullcrap duo's in your games, and have the odd silver rated holo or herald named FHkjshdy, jabbarooing 3 of your team mates while you are wondering what the hell is going on. Limit the gap to 100 rating points or less.

Easy fix.

i'd rather get rid of plats duo q for good