Removal of Duo, but Buff Tournaments

Crab Fear.1624

If you remove duo, remove it for everyone.

But, if you remove duo, make tournaments more rewarding.

The MAT can stay the pinnacle of prestige, but every other tournament should have rewards that can be exchanged for something unique (eventually) through a grind.

A grind equivalent but equitable to Wings of Ascension or PVP legendary armor.

With everyone running around with so many balls around there head, the argument against a basic gizmo for all is obviously not true, so perhaps a gizmo that can be earned through a grind, a long one...just an idea, not THE idea.

You can get the unique things faster for wins and higher placement in tournamanets, and slower even if you just participate and lose.

But to attract people to tourney more, there needs to be ascended gear and legendary items specific to tournaments ONLY, and only earned by doing tournaments that EVERYONE can grind.

The rewards for participation should be boosted a little, and if the tournament takes place during a ranked conquest season, you can earn pips towards the ranked chest.

But tournaments don't have any incentive over ranked, and people would play it more if there were unique rewards and achievements that they could grind.

92% may be solo q, but they are just grinding.

A little gold and mystic coins is ok, but not enough.

Many will just play ranked to earn pips, and work on their achievements and armor.

The goal is to encourage more participation in tourneys, and not split up the ranked queue.

Make both parties as happy as possible.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

The reason people don't play ATs is because they're a huge investment similar to raids. You need a static, you need a significant chunk of time set aside, and so on. Its not something that meshes well with time-consuming modern lifestyles.

Well,

Getting a team together there is only a 15 minute window.

Tourney is probably 3-4 games if average, so 45-60 minutes, and the 15 minutes prep.

Not too huge, but I am asking them to make it worthwhile.

Anyways, just for fun. . .

https://www.comparitech.com/tv-streaming/screen-time-statistics/

The interesting part is 3 hrs on mobile.

But, anyways....I think we should try to reason out a way to make them more rewarding and promote doing some.  

Besides raids gets plenty of attentjon....attention.... whole game is balanced on raid dps lmao

Edited by Crab Fear.1624

I hope, that if they remove duoQ, they will implement 2v2 and 3v3 ranked modes as well, or at least make them always avalible in unranked like Stronghold is, but in general I'd prefer it to be ranked as unranked sPvP has awful rewards which can disencourage players from puting more time into it.

4 minutes ago, Morwath.9817 said:

I hope, that if they remove duoQ, they will implement 2v2 and 3v3 ranked modes as well, or at least make them always avalible in unranked like Stronghold is, but in general I'd prefer it to be ranked as unranked sPvP has awful rewards which can disencourage players from puting more time into it.

I still wish there was unranked for 2v2 3v3, cause I still need a way to test out builds and I don't think anyone enjoys me testing my stupid support DH build while I tank their rating for 30+ games till I find if it is working or not. Also unranked has less volatile rating since it doesn't change much between seasons and the general skill level is closer even though people are faffing about with wack builds.

Tournies will never succeed because there's neither a place to play together vs hard people to get better nor the ability to gain confidence as a team by consistently beating good teams. Only thing that happens right now is tournies rank lock teams for G3, P1 or P2+ (of course there are outliers of those with consistent teams but they are rare very rare).

Tourney team building will be non existent unless you made the reward egregious even then no one will bother except G3+ people and everyone else falls by the way side (as it is now) solving nothing. And by the way rewards for tournies are pretty high 20-40g just for semis is a whole day of work, and nobody goes cause nobody has a team, and nobody has a team because no one gets to do ranked with a 5man.

All of this gets solved with the return of ranked 5v5.
Gotta build that incentive to team up before people even bother with teaming up for a tourney this is skipping steps a healthly community has tournies you do not have tounies to make the community healthy.  Generally a tourney is something people do once they have gotten good as a team not before people often forget that.

Edited by Genesis.5169
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Genesis.5169 said:

Tournies will never succeed because there's neither a place to play together vs hard people to get better nor the ability to gain confidence as a team by consistently beating good teams. Only thing that happens right now is tournies rank lock teams for G3, P1 or P2+ (of course there are outliers of those with consistent teams but they are rare very rare).

Tourney team building will be non existent unless you made the reward egregious even then no one will bother except G3+ people and everyone else falls by the way side (as it is now) solving nothing. And by the way rewards for tournies are pretty high 20-40g just for semis is a whole day of work, and nobody goes cause nobody has a team, and nobody has a team because no one gets to do ranked with a 5man.

All of this gets solved with the return of ranked 5v5.
Gotta build that incentive to team up before people even bother with teaming up for a tourney this is skipping steps a healthly community has tournies you do not have tounies to make the community healthy.  Generally a tourney is something people do once they have gotten good as a team not before people often forget that.

We could have a team q mode, not ranked, it would be a bigger joke than the current ranked already is, but yes, we should have a mode that you could q  5 man only, the exploits of this in ranked is quite obvious to even try implementing it.