The one thing that sold Untamed, something all (PvP/WvW)rangers should look for

Arheundel.6451

It's this....

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Enveloping_Haze

The main reason why I am paying for EoD, it's this skill alone, something which I have been looking to get on ranger for a very long long time, something that will make fighting those condi cele bunker scrappers or condi SA deadeyes, that much less frustrating and something which will definitely benefit any ally in your close proximity who failed to negate yet again that shortbow pewpew from some cele bunker renegade (must love all these celestial bunkers flying high atm....most balanced gear stat in the game...-_- )

This other skill...

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Venomous_Outburst

A very welcome addtion, that does not get enough credit on this sub-forum, with this alone, it will be mush harder to scroll off a pet....or hide behind a pillar, players will be able to teleport to the target hiding behind the wall and then F2 on them...brilliant addition.

Say what you want about the class, ask for whatever rework...but we must keep these 2 elements on whichever version of Untamed we will get in the end, aoe reflect/block it is basically a requirement to enjoy the game in endmode pvp/wvw as everybody, his mom, cousin and favourite pet is running some condi bunker pewpew and will get only worst with EoD (pistol trailblazer torment pew pew harbingers....trailblazer virtuoso....celestial machinist....condi specters of some sort).

Whatever happens to Untamed, I pray these two skills are left "untouched".....they are basically the main reasons I am buying EoD, don't care how it sounds

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Problem with Venom Outburst is it doesn't work with Range pets, as they were lazy and gave Range pets melee skills, and all it does it let them get one hit off and the pet ai disengages or misses the second hit anyway. 

Also good luck keeping it alive at all in wvw, unless they make it not take aoe damage in pvp like it does in pve all the pet's good for is having a bad ai and then dying as its doing less dps then outside of untamed as you have to manually use its abilities. 

The 2 abilities are fine, but the class itself is so weak and has no purpose its kinda pointless for them to exist. If you see a Ranger playing Untamed you already know they are gimping themselves. As Infusion stated, the class should get a aoe stealth reveal or break, or be able to see through it. Imagine Untamed being able to stick to a theif when they think they are safe, because their pet remembers they have a nose that is stronger then their eyesight. 
And some group support like aoe damage buffs and boon spread would be great and actually make it a useful class to play in wvw instead of it being the most selfish spec we have making it entirely pointless to play. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

It's this....

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Enveloping_Haze

The main reason why I am paying for EoD, it's this skill alone, something which I have been looking to get on ranger for a very long long time, something that will make fighting those condi cele bunker scrappers or condi SA deadeyes, that much less frustrating and something which will definitely benefit any ally in your close proximity who failed to negate yet again that shortbow pewpew from some cele bunker renegade (must love all these celestial bunkers flying high atm....most balanced gear stat in the game...-_- )

This other skill...

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Venomous_Outburst

A very welcome addtion, that does not get enough credit on this sub-forum, with this alone, it will be mush harder to scroll off a pet....or hide behind a pillar, players will be able to teleport to the target hiding behind the wall and then F2 on them...brilliant addition.

Say what you want about the class, ask for whatever rework...but we must keep these 2 elements on whichever version of Untamed we will get in the end, aoe reflect/block it is basically a requirement to enjoy the game in endmode pvp/wvw as everybody, his mom, cousin and favourite pet is running some condi bunker pewpew and will get only worst with EoD (pistol trailblazer torment pew pew harbingers....trailblazer virtuoso....celestial machinist....condi specters of some sort).

Whatever happens to Untamed, I pray these two skills are left "untouched".....they are basically the main reasons I am buying EoD, don't care how it sounds

“something all (PvP/WvW)rangers should look for”…

Why should we be excited about these gimmicks on pets when the rest of spec is subpar? Oh great, the pet can port then die immediately and will toss a random bubble in whatever random spot it is… Those don’t make up for or compensate for the Ranger itself. The untamed was probably the original design for hammer Rev that got scrapped, and now we get to use it. 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

There isn't an AOE stealth reveal when there should be one. An AOE version of Sic Em without a damage bonus for players , only pets would make it more usable in WVW in a stealth meta.

Enveloping Haze is difficult to micromanage.

The funny part is that the main class getting reliably killed by sic'em...it's ranger itself....

-mesmer ....distortion, blink, jaunt and bye bye

-engineer....elixir-s, permasuperspeed..perma everything plus healing burst out of their kitten

-thief..lol...elite to remove reveal, shortbow 555 and bye bye

...basically reveal in GW2 is borderline useless atm unless you're playing against actual lemons with legs in which case...reveal would be useless anyway as you can aoe around you and still kill them

• Like 1

On 1/6/2022 at 4:20 AM, Gorem.8104 said:

Problem with Venom Outburst is it doesn't work with Range pets, as they were lazy and gave Range pets melee skills, and all it does it let them get one hit off and the pet ai disengages or misses the second hit anyway. 

Also good luck keeping it alive at all in wvw, unless they make it not take aoe damage in pvp like it does in pve all the pet's good for is having a bad ai and then dying as its doing less dps then outside of untamed as you have to manually use its abilities. 

The 2 abilities are fine, but the class itself is so weak and has no purpose its kinda pointless for them to exist. If you see a Ranger playing Untamed you already know they are gimping themselves. As Infusion stated, the class should get a aoe stealth reveal or break, or be able to see through it. Imagine Untamed being able to stick to a theif when they think they are safe, because their pet remembers they have a nose that is stronger then their eyesight. 
And some group support like aoe damage buffs and boon spread would be great and actually make it a useful class to play in wvw instead of it being the most selfish spec we have making it entirely pointless to play. 

Really you're not forced to teleport a pet to its death but..yeah obviously I am talking from personal experience, assuming others had seen the same was an error 

16 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

I think you only play WvW roaming , which is why you mention Elixir S , jaunt (lol), and thieves. Otherwise you would know people use to slot Detection Pulse.

In general really....an aoe reveal is completely worthless to average players compared to aoe reflect, from pve to small scale, players have more value in blocking ranged damage. What use would have an aoe reveal in pve or when facing multiple renegade or similar builds? Look at the big picture..

• Like 1

On paper I'd agree with the OP, in practice I wouldn't, as the ranger's pet have drawbacks on it's own that prevent those 2 skills to really shine.

In itself, the Untamed design is held back by the inate clunckiness of the ranger's main mechanic. The pet mechanism need polishing since 2013 and I fondamentally disagree with the way the devs choose to try to address the flaws of this mechanism in order to make Untamed and Mechanic 'playable'. The ranger's "pet management panel" should be the main interface allowing the ranger to control the skills that it's familiar con or cannot use while the F key shouldn't be arbitrarily changed or expanded.

• Like 2

On 1/7/2022 at 5:33 AM, Arheundel.6451 said:

In general really....an aoe reveal is completely worthless to average players compared to aoe reflect, from pve to small scale, players have more value in blocking ranged damage. What use would have an aoe reveal in pve or when facing multiple renegade or similar builds? Look at the big picture..

It's a fact the current iteration of untamed cannot stealth effectively. Unless you can permastow pet in combat in unleash ranger state or something akin to that, an AOE reveal would put the spec on a more level playing field. If neither team is stealthed then you don't have a tactical element of surprise. I think you're confusing the idea of AoE reveal with having a skill that exclusively does reveal. For example tools holo way back before explosives holo used lock on trait exclusively for the reveal+vuln application.

If you mean in PVP it effectively shuts down any d/p daredevil for a period of time and that is notable since daredevil, unlike deadeye cannot remove revealed with Shadow Meld. Magebane tether also has a reveal on it on spellbreaker even if it is not the primary usage.

• Like 1

What is the point of Enveloping Haze when the enemy can just move?

The skill seems aimed at large fights where bubbles are actually used, but the difference is pets get ignored for boons and so they die immediately.  In small fights people cloud / move around like crazy, so there is zero use for this stationary bubble that no one is going near.  

It's been mentioned before, but for these types of things to work you have to get rid of the pet and make it work like a totem or spirit.  That way you can place it somewhere and fight around it; make it destroyable but give it a breakbar or something so that people have to work for it.  

It's just too much as is, because you are micromanaging two different states and also micromanaging EVERY pet skill along with the new ones that are pretty important for the specialization to function.  So move the pet skill micromanagement ability to every spec (as it should have been in the first place) and make untamed use stationary spirit pets...so it can you know, frontline.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 1