Multi Account Client

I tried looking for mention of this, but didn’t find any posts. Are there any remote plans to make the client multi-account on login? For example, the battle net client allows you to select an account tied to your main account to log in to. Switching between alternate  accounts this way would be a great upgrade to the client for many of us who have acquired multiple accounts over the years due to promotions.

• Like 2

copy /y "C:\Users\*windowsUser*\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2\login_*****.dat" "C:\Users\*windowsUser*\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2\Local.dat"
"C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" -autologin -maploadinfo 
copy /y  "C:\Users\*windowsUser*\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2\Local.dat" "C:\Users\*windowsUser*\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2\login_*****.dat"

*windowsUser* your window user

login_*****.dat just copy and rename the Local.dat

save as .bat and enjoy the no 3rd party login tool

5 hours ago, Zenli.3684 said:

save as .bat and enjoy the no 3rd party login tool

How to do it without copying every time:
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/102618-2-accounts-same-pc-and-login-information-saved-in-launcher/?do=findComment&comment=1479212

How to run multiple clients at the same time without a 3rd party executable (uses powershell):
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/EXE-Edit-for-Multi-Client-No-Longer-Possible/page/1#post6539969
(note this is only how to start multiple clients since the automatic login options are gone, but it can be easily combined with another script to work with multiple Local.dat files, though it'd be far easier to just use Gw2Launcher, which is where this was taken from)

On 1/15/2022 at 5:00 PM, Moira Shalaar.5620 said:

I'd love to see this too and know some folks in my guild that would definitely find this useful. I won't use launch buddy because I just can't bring myself to trust 3rd parties with my login info. 

You don't give login info to launchbuddy, launchbuddy just use the original launcher file and renames it to store data for multiple accounts. 

• Like 2