Current state of fractal balance

10 hours ago, Sena.2761 said:

I firmly believe HB and Alacren are outdated and Healmech/qbrand duo is better for nearly all encounters.

The superior damage just helps so much more, it's just a matter of waiting for PuG LFGs to catch up.

I *think* Siren's and obviously Aquatic are about the only wrinkles to the new duo's power as the Mech vanishing if the Engineer hits the water is a big downside-though this can be countered by a careful Engineer this obviously isn't foolproof.

From my last couple of weeks playing CMs + T4s, I'd say that HB+Condialac mech and Healmech + qB are both nearly equally viable choices. The damage is very high in both cases and either combo can fit the same playstyle for the remaining DPS slots.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, maxwelgm.4315 said:

From my last couple of weeks playing CMs + T4s, I'd say that HB+Condialac mech and Healmech + qB are both nearly equally viable choices. The damage is very high in both cases and either combo can fit the same playstyle for the remaining DPS slots.

I've actually never tried the duo with the Mech filling as the condi dps slot providing the other boon. How's Alac Condi play?

6 hours ago, Sena.2761 said:

I've actually never tried the duo with the Mech filling as the condi dps slot providing the other boon. How's Alac Condi play?

strictly inferior to a well played ren. 99.9% of pug rens are not worth the slot and do healmech dps so taking a healmech to get rid of useless pug rens is the way to go.

Power ren is still very strong and a lot better than condi on multiple bosses. power ren can burst and do very fast cc on some bosses. 

Most rens are so bad that running with 4 dps instead of ren would result in higher group dps. alac is not that strong. certainly not strong enough to justify 5k dps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

13 hours ago, Sena.2761 said:

HB is still extremely powerful and versatile and performs extremely well as healer in every encounter. It also brings the easiest and largest amount of condi cleanses in relation to Healmech (not to mention it now pumps resolution making Afflicted a non-instability), and removing the excessive aegis it previously had did not remove it's pug-carrying capabilities. So it's more a matter of the duo in itself being viable as you take condi alac mechanist instead of dropping HB who is still not a bad choice at all. As for condi alac in itself, it has ofc far less burning based dps than qB and pumps out a lot of confusion which makes its DPS very RNG/instability dependent, as well as less bursty than several other options. The baseline dps you'll get is already absolute bonkers though, and I don't see it being important anywhere other than planned record-breaking attempts to speedrun.

Also, taking into account that a number of people have moved back into T4's+recs or at least dropped Sunqua CM from their routine, the choice becomes even more of a mere preference. I would much rather have HB (and condi alac is a perfectly fine choice to pair to it) if not making a 5k+ currency DwD required pug for dailies.

15 minutes ago, maxwelgm.4315 said:

HB is still extremely powerful and versatile and performs extremely well as healer in every encounter. It also brings the easiest and largest amount of condi cleanses in relation to Healmech (not to mention it now pumps resolution making Afflicted a non-instability), and removing the excessive aegis it previously had did not remove it's pug-carrying capabilities. So it's more a matter of the duo in itself being viable as you take condi alac mechanist instead of dropping HB who is still not a bad choice at all. As for condi alac in itself, it has ofc far less burning based dps than qB and pumps out a lot of confusion which makes its DPS very RNG/instability dependent, as well as less bursty than several other options. The baseline dps you'll get is already absolute bonkers though, and I don't see it being important anywhere other than planned record-breaking attempts to speedrun.

Also, taking into account that a number of people have moved back into T4's+recs or at least dropped Sunqua CM from their routine, the choice becomes even more of a mere preference. I would much rather have HB (and condi alac is a perfectly fine choice to pair to it) if not making a 5k+ currency DwD required pug for dailies.

Ah, I haven't PuGed in a while and I usually just duoq with my SO only asking for dps. It's been nice since, even if we get bad damage allies, I'm still doing qbrand damage if I have to carry.

One adjustment I'd like to see if for either Barrier Burst or Crisis Zone to have more stability. This is because I would really like to play the comp trying my partner's qbringer but then we lack reliable team stability-unless I start asking for a PUG to bring it and then its just more complicated than a two person duo designed to simplify LFGs. I feel like if the Mech could bring its own Stability you could divorce it from Firebrand and let it stand alongside any Quick dps rather than needing the QB to shore up it's flaw with SYG.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 4:47 AM, Nephalem.8921 said:

strictly inferior to a well played ren. 99.9% of pug rens are not worth the slot and do healmech dps so taking a healmech to get rid of useless pug rens is the way to go.

condiren doesnt have 100% alac coverage, its not pugs that sucks, pugs dont know how to used it well. And healmech DPS is so abysmal, its not worth taking it in the first place. Either Condiren or ondi alac mech.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

condiren doesnt have 100% alac coverage, its not pugs that sucks, pugs dont know how to used it well. And healmech DPS is so abysmal, its not worth taking it in the first place. Either Condiren or ondi alac mech.

Ritu ren does have full alac coverage.

healmech can do 7k on enso. a good alac ren can do 17-20k+ on that boss. your average pug ren does 5-10k so healmech is in the middle. despite the popular believe that alac ren is simple to play it really isnt in practice. its easy to pick up and give alacrity but doing damage too is not that easy. the countless low dps rens proof that.

16 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

your average pug ren does 5-10k so healmech is in the middle.

You must  be running with different pugs, haven't seen condiren do less than 15k DPS, also Enso is such a non-factor boss in any of this. Only meaningful mechanic is does are orbs, other than that, that whole fight doesnt need dedicated healer to begin with, as qfb has more than enough heals.

• 7 months later...

As a returning player (who only played casually when I used to play)
I find most of this discussion useless.

Why?

1. All too often,
experienced players can't agree on hardly anything. 

2. Especially dedicated players use so much shorthand/abbreviations that many readers (like myself) have no idea what they're talking about most of the time anyways. 
 This causes an elitist rift where the most experienced players at least sometimes help each other out a bit ... but are less helpful for new or casual players, because:
 Even when you elite players agree,
us casual part-timers, newly returning, and new players
will often have no clue what you're saying. 

56 minutes ago, Japperwocky.9304 said:

As a returning player (who only played casually when I used to play)
I find most of this discussion useless.

Why?

1. All too often,
experienced players can't agree on hardly anything. 

2. Especially dedicated players use so much shorthand/abbreviations that many readers (like myself) have no idea what they're talking about most of the time anyways. 
 This causes an elitist rift where the most experienced players at least sometimes help each other out a bit ... but are less helpful for new or casual players, because:
 Even when you elite players agree,
us casual part-timers, newly returning, and new players
will often have no clue what you're saying. 

Well if you dont know what is being asked for whisper a person in that party/squad you can see the names without joining.

Or start a chill all welcome group/squad yourself.