Playing with my friend in the new WvW

laoshanlung.3675

We are new to WvW and GW2 in general (been playing GW2 for about 2 months and recently in WvW). Can someone confirm my understanding about the new WvW restructuring.

Previously, we just need to be in the same home world in order to be on the same team in WvW, but with the new structure, we would need to be in the same WvW guild before the a season starts. Do I understand that correctly?

If yes, this means that we need to either create our own guild or join a guild. And as individual player, there isn't a way for the new system to put us to the same team.

Thanks!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, laoshanlung.3675 said:

We are new to WvW and GW2 in general (been playing GW2 for about 2 months and recently in WvW). Can someone confirm my understanding about the new WvW restructuring.

Previously, we just need to be in the same home world in order to be on the same team in WvW, but with the new structure, we would need to be in the same WvW guild before the a season starts. Do I understand that correctly?

Yes.

1 hour ago, laoshanlung.3675 said:

If yes, this means that we need to either create our own guild or join a guild. 

Exactly, and you have to Tag the guild in the wvw beta Tab. Your friend too. So you have to be in the same guild and Tag it in wvw beta Tab. 

Otherwise you wont be in the same team. 

So you basically understood it right already. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

Okay, what if we tagged it after the beta start? My wife, kids, best friend and I are in the same guild and home world. We didn't know about the beta and are suddenly unable to play together. This is irritating, how do we fix it. So far the tagging thing hasn't fixed it. Been 24 hours since we did.

Tagging the guild changes nothing after the beta started.  It needed to be done before.

There are only 5 days left to the beta.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

Okay, what if we tagged it after the beta start? My wife, kids, best friend and I are in the same guild and home world. We didn't know about the beta and are suddenly unable to play together. This is irritating, how do we fix it. So far the tagging thing hasn't fixed it. Been 24 hours since we did.

How did you not know? It was in the launcher news feed.

• Haha 1