WvW beta -- can't play with friends even tho we're in the same (small) guild?

title. we have a "private" guild, mostly for cosmetic purposes. currently we're all representing it. yet no matter what we do, we all end up in different maps. suffice to say, we're all in the same server (blacktide, in case it matters).

... none of us are the greatest fans of the mode, but just joining a zerg and dying over and over, or just flipping the camps near the home base, was fun... when done together. but if we can't play together with friends, even when we're representing the same guild, what's the point?

note: I'm pretty sure at least me and one of said friends have always been representing that guild. so it's not like "you have to choose before the beta" (... unless you had to click a button, which we never saw).

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

In the WvW tab, there is a selection button for your ‘WvW’ guild.  

As this is only a one week beta at the moment, find it now so if there is another one, you are prepared.

this needs far more visibility. I mean, I'm not too sure it works (I'm the only one in-game now to test), but at least I found the button, and it seems like it should totally work

so yeah. thanks

UPDATE: talked to my friend. he checked it. we both have the same guild selected. yet the "current assigned team" thing is still different.

we both headed in to the "blue" map, we're still not in the same map
... so while this should work for "big" guilds (those that have assigned a team) it will not work for small guilds that don't have a team assigned. boo.

EDIT: we both tried being part of the same "big" guild that indeed shows a team. we both went to the blue map. we're still not in the same map. so either you had to choose before, or this isn't working

Edited by niky.8019

1 hour ago, niky.8019 said:

this needs far more visibility. I mean, I'm not too sure it works (I'm the only one in-game now to test), but at least I found the button, and it seems like it should totally work

so yeah. thanks

UPDATE: talked to my friend. he checked it. we both have the same guild selected. yet the "current assigned team" thing is still different.

we both headed in to the "blue" map, we're still not in the same map
... so while this should work for "big" guilds (those that have assigned a team) it will not work for small guilds that don't have a team assigned. boo.

EDIT: we both tried being part of the same "big" guild that indeed shows a team. we both went to the blue map. we're still not in the same map. so either you had to choose before, or this isn't working

The button needed to be checked before the beta started.  

If there is another beta, the same thing needs to happen as well.  Also, something similar to this may be in play when alliances actually goes live, though, as @Chaba.5410said, most of us are hoping for something more polished and visible.  

Fortunately this beta ends on this Friday at the latest.