As EoD is set to wrap up the story, how many old timers here?

I've played since GW1 beta.

Prophecies, Factions, and EotN were all amazing. Nightfall was okay. I loved the classes it brought, and the heroes, just none of the maps. One wasteland after another gets old fast.

For GW2, the base game is great, though there are tedious parts to the personal story. HoT is amazing, and has great maps. LWS3 had a great story and amazing maps, though I hated the achievement grind. PoF was a great story, but the maps don't hold up as well as HoT or LWS3. LWS4 had some more variety of maps and a great story. IBS started out great, then got rushed and botched hard.

I really hope that the EoD story and maps are great, like HoT was even though it seems that the Especs are getting botched worse than IBS.

• Confused 2

I made my first character on june 6, 2014, so in a few more months it will be 8 years since i started playing GW2, and i've been loving (almost) every moment of it. Because of that, unlike many other people, i don't need a special reason to play EoD. Just give me more of the same stuff that i've been enjoying so far, and i'm happy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/24/2022 at 10:44 AM, witcher.3197 said:

Been here since GW1, I'm not excited for the end of the story, good riddance that it's finally over. Never should've introduced EDs in the first place. They were the worst most uninteresting thing they could have added to the game, there was not a single moment I enjoyed GW2's story.

There were such moments for me... namely, each time the story took a detour to something other than the (for most part) badly written Elder Dragons story: e.g. Joko, the Plague, Caudecus, the Commander dying and roaming a part of the Underworld, and - of course - the personal story before Claw Island.

Yes, the Elder Dragons were a terrible idea, at least the way said idea was executed. And the whole annoying overuse of asuran tech to progress us in their different storylines (Tarir's ley-line energy powered maps/boards, Tangled Depths' Rata Novus, portable comm devices, and most prominently Taimi's constant research and discoveries and tech blah-blah). Ugh, what a drag, took all the fun out of everything.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3