Petition For Exploding Torch

Gotejjeken.1267

#4 - 2 charges with 30s CD; Works like a sticky bomb, can attach to enemies, your pet, or siege and can be remote detonated (or explode after 5s).  Explosion causes launch to up to 5 people in a 240 radius and 3 stacks of burning  for 6s

#5 - 20s CD: Is now a trap that works like DH trap where you can't escape; Either take 2 stacks of burning for 6s (4 pulses) or if you leave area it removes 3 boons (no KD on escape)

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267

6 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

#4 - 2 charges with 30s CD; Works like a sticky bomb, can attach to enemies, your pet, or siege and can be remote detonated (or explode after 5s).  Explosion causes launch to up to 5 people in a 240 radius and 3 stacks of burning  for 6s

#5 - 20s CD: Is now a trap that works like DH trap where you can't escape; Either take 2 stacks of burning for 6s (4 pulses) or if you leave area it removes 3 boons (no KD on escape)

Wanna trade that for Immob?

I don't really play pve much these days, but #4 would be unpopular there unless the launch is set to 0. #5 is pretty cool but no way you get a 20s cooldown on that type of skill. 30-35s is more realistic based on guard hammer/longbow. Also, #5 seems to really play into the theme of untamed, which makes me realize it would potentially be awesome if unleashed ambush skills could change with your offhand weapon.

My proposal for changes to torch #4 and #5 would be:

#4 - add a 4s blind upon hit

#5 - after dropping the fire field, flips over to another skill which converts the fire field into a smoke field with a duration of least(remaining duration, 3s)

Ranger Torch is one of those weapons that is stuck in 2013 and needs QOL + Love.

13 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

How about it sticks to the target pulsing 2 stacks of burning for 10s  every second for 3s in a 240 radius AoE? I'm thinking along the lines of Guardian Focus 4 but condi and AoE.

13 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Why not just rework Spike Trap to do that? Bonfire could then have it's radius increased to 360, cut the ticks in half, but double the damage and burn stacks per tick.

Imo, torch needs more utility instead of damage

Torch 4 could become a .25 second daze to the target while applying aoe burn. Could also become an ammo skill slot.

Torch 5 should apply blind on top of the burn, but have its duration reduced to 5/6 seconds to account for it becoming a pulsing aoe blind field.

Edited by Abyssisis.3971
  • Like 2

Torch is fine, is a dps condi offhand weapon.  You are supposed to mix it up with sword. 

Dagger offhand is the one which needs rework. 

Axe offhand needs to undo some of the nerfs and remove the rooting effects in Axe#5 so the player is not sitting ducks while waiting for the one-hit-burst most classes have. 

4 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Torch is fine, is a dps condi offhand weapon.  You are supposed to mix it up with sword. 

Dagger offhand is the one which needs rework. 

Axe offhand needs to undo some of the nerfs and remove the rooting effects in Axe#5 so the player is not sitting ducks while waiting for the one-hit-burst most classes have. 

This is pvp perspective
axe 5 is a very strong skill, its axe 4 that holds it down by being impossible to land, and dealing 0 damage.
Basically axe off-hand has just 1 skill.
Dagger offhand is kittening amazing, I use it always on condi, and sometimes even on power builds, its an evade weapon with cracked damage.
Torch off hand is useless
for pve only damage matters so the weapons with bigger numbers get used over those with lower and there is that.

2 minutes ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

This is pvp perspective
axe 5 is a very strong skill, its axe 4 that holds it down by being impossible to land, and dealing 0 damage.
Basically axe off-hand has just 1 skill.
Dagger offhand is kittening amazing, I use it always on condi, and sometimes even on power builds, its an evade weapon with cracked damage.
Torch off hand is useless
for pve only damage matters so the weapons with bigger numbers get used over those with lower and there is that.

I see your point and I think see where are you coming from. 

Still I don't agree dagger offhand is any good in PvP. Maybe in NA, in EU i haven't seen anybody using dagger off-hand from very long time. And the few are usually on the soulbeast and smokescale/canines  where the merged skills make up for the lacking offhand. 

Stalker strike needs to be able to interrupt a channeled burst and the crippling talon needs to work as a close-gap as well. This  is a core weapon  and when used with anything else than soulbeast merged with a CC pet, the build lacks any CC to interrupt an enemy. 

Torch is a PvE weapon. Same as Dagger Main Hand, I would not think more about it. 

On 1/21/2022 at 6:23 AM, covahlam.6391 said:

I don't really play pve much these days, but #4 would be unpopular there unless the launch is set to 0. #5 is pretty cool but no way you get a 20s cooldown on that type of skill. 30-35s is more realistic based on guard hammer/longbow. Also, #5 seems to really play into the theme of untamed, which makes me realize it would potentially be awesome if unleashed ambush skills could change with your offhand weapon.

My proposal for changes to torch #4 and #5 would be:

#4 - add a 4s blind upon hit

#5 - after dropping the fire field, flips over to another skill which converts the fire field into a smoke field with a duration of least(remaining duration, 3s)

I like your ideas a lot. Would personally give torch 4 2 charges on top of the blindness, but the smoke field is a really neat idea and also "makes sense" for a skill like bonfire. In WvW I almost never see torch used. Would be nice to see it used more.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

I see your point and I think see where are you coming from. 

Still I don't agree dagger offhand is any good in PvP. Maybe in NA, in EU i haven't seen anybody using dagger off-hand from very long time. And the few are usually on the soulbeast and smokescale/canines  where the merged skills make up for the lacking offhand. 

Stalker strike needs to be able to interrupt a channeled burst and the crippling talon needs to work as a close-gap as well. This  is a core weapon  and when used with anything else than soulbeast merged with a CC pet, the build lacks any CC to interrupt an enemy. 

Torch is a PvE weapon. Same as Dagger Main Hand, I would not think more about it. 

All weapons should be viable in all modes.

Each weapon should have a relative strength to it that is comparable to other weapons so that they are all viable on their respective builds across all game modes. Unfortunately we don’t have that in gw2 with anet leaving some weapon sets lagging behind others due to their inability to balance correctly with their focus being nerf nerf nerf instead of nerf OP, buff UP.

Edited by Abyssisis.3971

5 hours ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

I like your ideas a lot. Would personally give torch 4 2 charges on top of the blindness, but the smoke field is a really neat idea and also "makes sense" for a skill like bonfire. In WvW I almost never see torch used. Would be nice to see it used more.

Thanks! 2 charges would be nice, was just trying not to be too greedy haha.