A return of monthly achievements.

Monthly achievments  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a reworked monthly system?

• yes
    • no
    • There were monthly achievements?

They kind of exist still any, in the form of the login rewards, where the 28th login gets you the Chest of Loyalty. I don't think that was a thing before they removed the Monthly Achievements?

I mean yeah, not technically an achievement, because you don't get any achievement points for it, but it still rewards a month's play. It's just that now that month of logins can be spread over time.

Edited by Mungrul.9358
t&a
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

My opinion is that the entire achievement system needs to be overhauled to have the daily and monthly achievement points removed and then have the existing rewards balanced to account for that as well as improving them.  So much content of the game revolves around completing achievements to the point that if that you're not an AP hunter then most of the content in the game becomes hollow very quickly.  With added rewards, the developers can leverage this direction that they have taken the game and get players to do the content for unique rewards.

As far as what to do with dailies and monthlies, I suggest just scrapping those systems altogether and create a weekly system that operates separately from achievements.  This can push players towards engaging with various content throughout the week.  I'm not entirely sure what this system could look like but you could look at what other MMOs have done for inspiration.  This system can have unique rewards that cannot be obtained elsewhere as well.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

6 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

My opinion is that the entire achievement system needs to be overhauled to have the daily and monthly achievement points removed and then have the existing rewards balanced to account for that as well as improving them.  So much content of the game revolves around completing achievements to the point that if that you're not an AP hunter then most of the content in the game becomes hollow very quickly.  With added rewards, the developers can leverage this direction that they have taken the game and get players to do the content for unique rewards.

As far as what to do with dailies and monthlies, I suggest just scrapping those systems altogether and create a weekly system that operates separately from achievements.  This can push players towards engaging with various content throughout the week.  I'm not entirely sure what this system could look like but you could look at what other MMOs have done for inspiration.  This system can have unique rewards that cannot be obtained elsewhere as well.

Removing the points would only alienate players and likely cause more backlash than what it would help. A good rule for any game do not take things away from players. If you read the original response I never suggested increasing the ap cap but instead reworking the system to direct players towards content. The goal of this is to breath life into existing content without a massive overall. It could get people doing meta events , for example the maws of torment, that rarely get done or make dungeons used more. The point being it is a system that can help use the assets already in game and giving suitable rewards to incentive players to do these tasks. This weekly system you are suggesting is exactly the same thing as the current daily and monthly systems were. Your only change is no ap, which is already capped off at 15k so the point is moot, and relies on development of new rewards expanding the devs workload. By using rewards that are already part of the game it creates less of a workload and a system that is much easier to implement.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Voted yes mainly under the hope that they either made a monthly or weekly system to replace the daily. I hate the almost forced daily logon system (and personally ignore it these days), and would rather have a system (week or month) where I could plan/work on things when it suited me.

Then again, I'm not an AP hunter, and generally ignore AP anyways. 

• Confused 3

7 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

unique rewards that cannot be obtained elsewhere

And we're right in the middle of carrot-on-a-stick territory again 😞 .

Why does everyone seem to want developers to tell them what to play by tying "rewards" to all kinds of stuff that can only be gained by doing that specific content, whether you enjoy the content or not???

This is the one game that really allows me to play a character in a fantasy world, explore that world, "live" in that world, and have a great time all while equipping my characters and gathering shinies just like everybody else, not matter what corner of the world they enjoy to be in just now.

We already have way too much "reward tied to content" and "gaming the system for reward maximation" for my taste. Why does everyone seem to be set on wanting the developers to force funnel them into specific content instead of enjoying the freedom of choice???

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Chocofox.9503 said:

Removing the points would only alienate players and likely cause more backlash than what it would help. A good rule for any game do not take things away from players. If you read the original response I never suggested increasing the ap cap but instead reworking the system to direct players towards content. The goal of this is to breath life into existing content without a massive overall. It could get people doing meta events , for example the maws of torment, that rarely get done or make dungeons used more. The point being it is a system that can help use the assets already in game and giving suitable rewards to incentive players to do these tasks. This weekly system you are suggesting is exactly the same thing as the current daily and monthly systems were. Your only change is no ap, which is already capped off at 15k so the point is moot, and relies on development of new rewards expanding the devs workload. By using rewards that are already part of the game it creates less of a workload and a system that is much easier to implement.

It would only alienate those who want the existing AP armor without having to do many non-daily achievements. This is the only game that I have seen with an achievement system where daily achievements increment the achievement count. For everyone else, it wouldn’t be an issue if the rewards were balanced around the loss of daily/monthly AP. 

You say that the weekly system is no different than the daily and monthly. How would the monthly system that everyone want back be any different?

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

And we're right in the middle of carrot-on-a-stick territory again 😞 .

Why does everyone seem to want developers to tell them what to play by tying "rewards" to all kinds of stuff that can only be gained by doing that specific content, whether you enjoy the content or not???

This is the one game that really allows me to play a character in a fantasy world, explore that world, "live" in that world, and have a great time all while equipping my characters and gathering shinies just like everybody else, not matter what corner of the world they enjoy to be in just now.

We already have way too much "reward tied to content" and "gaming the system for reward maximation" for my taste. Why does everyone seem to be set on wanting the developers to force funnel them into specific content instead of enjoying the freedom of choice???

It’s not like you’d be forced to do it. 

On 1/24/2022 at 10:27 PM, Vayne.8563 said:

If they came back they wouldn't come back in the old form anyway. The new "monthlies" are festivals every other month. Having monthlies and festivals would be too much in my opinion.

For sure.

I'd like to see more of the bonus week events instead of monthlies (between festivals), they usually motivate me to do whatever content it is without making me feel like I have to do 'x' daily. Would like to see them extended to more content too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1