Again the BL chest was not changed

Leaa.2943

At Christmas there was no presents added and no Crishtmas black lion weapons either. Thought oh well what ever you probably forgot. But now it is the Lunar Year and my keys that i saved for this chest which every year contain envelopes is not there. Infact it is the EXACT same bl chest as the one called christmas. No new items and the same bl weapons that we could get again. I mean this is one of the BLchests that most players save their keys for.because it add up to the other envelopes the festival provides. So did you guys forgot to change the chest or did they bug out?

Also the tiger weapons can only be seen from the ticket it self and not found at the vendor.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Leaa.2943 said:

At Christmas there was no presents added and no Crishtmas black lion weapons either. Thought oh well what ever you probably forgot. But now it is the Lunar Year and my keys that i saved for this chest which every year contain envelopes is not there. Infact it is the EXACT same bl chest as the one called christmas. No new items and the same bl weapons that we could get again. I mean this is one of the BLchests that most players save their keys for.because it add up to the other envelopes the festival provides. So did you guys forgot to change the chest or did they bug out?

Also the tiger weapons can only be seen from the ticket it self and not found at the vendor.

I guess it's neither a bug nor it was forgotten, because the items for both festivals were already added with the wintersday-patch.

This is something that I thought might be resolved with the daily reset, but it was not. The statuettes did not change content either. Surely there is a plan to correct this. The envelopes are always a welcome treat from the chests and should not be just tossed out the window. Also, the tiger jackal skin should have replaced the plushy raptor as an item in the chest. Possibly the tiger backpack as well. This is expected because it has always been the case with each festival, chests and statuettes update with new or rotating items. Hopefully these are not the kind of changes you have planned for the future of GW2.  While we are also excited about the upcoming release of EOD, that is no reason to fail to keep up with the current content.

Edited by Tazzer.8035
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Leaa.2943 said:

At Christmas there was no presents added and no Crishtmas black lion weapons either. Thought oh well what ever you probably forgot. But now it is the Lunar Year and my keys that i saved for this chest which every year contain envelopes is not there. Infact it is the EXACT same bl chest as the one called christmas.

I remember the chests changing upon the second week of the festival for the past couple of festivals. So wait for next week, I'd say. 🙂

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

The BLC was changed for WIntersday.  That's when the plush raptor was added.

Ok it seem like people dont get it. The point is not the plush raptor. The point is that the one thing you get in all chest every time was not change in christmas nor now at Lunar year. With that i mean that Christmas always had the present for that. Those present had a lot of trash items worth money.. Lunar year always had th envelope. This have been the case all the years the festivals been out.

Check back a year and watch people opening Christmas BL chests and also Lunar years and you will understand what i talk about.

There is also kind of funny because people are angry that they can not get the Tiger weapons only in the box in the gemstore. Because when they check the BL weapon merchant that shows them, they are not added there at all. To see the new tiger weapons you have to check it through a full ticket. 

• Confused 1

My point about the plushy raptor was that the "big gem store items" in the uncommon or rare list changes with the one guaranteed item that Leaa.2943 was talking about. In this case, the tiger jackal skin should have replaced the raptor skin. The whole conversation being that the bl chest did not change at all. Also, the gem store home page highlights the fact that you can get the new tiger weapons at the npc, but you cannot. They put out new items but did not update the accessible content accordingly. Hopefully the weekly update tomorrow will change that. I personally want some of the weapons.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/27/2022 at 12:17 AM, Leaa.2943 said:

Ok it seem like people dont get it. The point is not the plush raptor. The point is [...]

The point is that it will get changed tomorrow, which I already explained earlier (it has been changed on the second week of each festival for the past couple of festivals).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Tazzer.8035 said:

My point about the plushy raptor was that the "big gem store items" in the uncommon or rare list changes with the one guaranteed item that Leaa.2943 was talking about. In this case, the tiger jackal skin should have replaced the raptor skin. The whole conversation being that the bl chest did not change at all. Also, the gem store home page highlights the fact that you can get the new tiger weapons at the npc, but you cannot. They put out new items but did not update the accessible content accordingly. Hopefully the weekly update tomorrow will change that. I personally want some of the weapons.

Have you tried double clicking the tickets to open the vendor, instead of the vendor-npc in lions arch etc.? The tiger-skins should be available there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

The point is that it will get changed tomorrow, which I already explained earlier (it has been changed on the second week of each festival for the past couple of festivals).

And yet, here it is - tomorrow - and still no update. At this point, since no one at Anet cares to respond, I can only assume they are just ignoring this festival due to the upcoming xpac. Understandable, as I'm sure they will have a lot of new items for that. Still, most new mount skins (and often other festival related items) are available via the bl chest, so it's a bit unfair that these are not.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

Have you tried double clicking the tickets to open the vendor, instead of the vendor-npc in lions arch etc.? The tiger-skins should be available there.

I have now, and thank you. I tend to forget to use them to open the vendor. They are there. Appreciate the reminder.

The wiki has the history: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Chest/historical

Seems they used about 5 weeks most of the time. (+-1 week ... sometimes less and a new one after 2 weeks already.)

My guess: They might just wait until the release of the expansion - to bring something new and related to the expansion (Cantha).

To not have to update now and then soon again. (Though ... had they updated like 1 week ago - it would still be about 5 weeks until the next change with the expansion release.)

Checking that history in the wiki - it seems the chest got changed the last Lunar New Year events - diretly at start of the event. They seemed to sometimes use names that refer to the celestial animal - and sometimes some other names for the chest. But always the Even Gnashblade Lucky Envelope was included.

Maybe they plan to delay it on purpose? New Year in GW1 was in Cantha. We might get the new year with a Canthan related theme next year. (Though still taking place in Tyria - so people without expansion can play it as well.) But related items and stuff. (In gem store. Once Gnashblade starts to increase trading with Cantha lol. He might give us the chest with expansion release. :D)

Edited by Luthan.5236

19 hours ago, Tazzer.8035 said:

And yet, here it is - tomorrow - and still no update. At this point, since no one at Anet cares to respond, I can only assume they are just ignoring this festival due to the upcoming xpac. Understandable, as I'm sure they will have a lot of new items for that. Still, most new mount skins (and often other festival related items) are available via the bl chest, so it's a bit unfair that these are not.

Since it includes the lunar backpack skin, looks like they made a less festival specific two for one chest.  Disappointing but understandable with the expansion.  Hopefully there will be some interesting new things in the next one.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...