I want to see the Core Legends, weapons and class mechanics looked at for improvement

Knighthonor.4061

I believe one thing that's still holding the class back has been the class mechanics design.  All future Elite specs are limited by this. 

The energy system isn't well designed. It rely way too much on Charged Mists, from invocation specialization.  

The core legends are also poorly designed. Ventari seem out of place since it better suited for being camped unless using an elite spec that has support skills. The core legends dont complement it and the energy cost on it goes beyond being camp proof.

Demon has an identity crisis after all these years. Now the nerf to it from the Renegade power creep just futher confuses the identity of it.

Shiro is pretty much a requirement to do any sort of damage in competitive play.  Especially after the staff 5 nerf in WvW.  I dont know how to spread out the usefulness so that this isn't a requirement.

Dwarf is just full of useless stuff thats never really been improved to a proper standard, yet Dwarf is the most balanced of good and bad. The elite and the taunt are both practically useless. The Path, Hammers and Heal are the only good things from this legend.

Hammer damage is just poor without Shiro or Herald.  Its slow and buggy.

Staff only has one good support skill and one good defensive skill. Everything else can pretty much be scrapped. The nerf to skill 5 just killed the core builds options without Shiro. 

Sword/Sword may be the best weapon for Revenant.  Like Shiro,  its a requirement.  I rather see more usefulness spread out.

Honestly the core class need more core weapons, since they abandoned the original no weapon swap mode for the class. 

Energy management should have been a legend specific theme rather then the Charged Mists method. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

What i miss is have a second core ranged weapon.  The more specializations they release about all if those come with a melee weapon, the more i miss have a second ranged core weapon and not only the slow clunky hammer.  They should profit a big update to add a second ranged weapon to core Revenant, a fast paced one with some condi damage so can work with all type of builds, hybrids included.  

On the other hand they should also make Kalla and Legendary Centaur work under the water. I can't understand why they release unfinished things and abandon them in that state forever.

Edited by Heika.5403
  • Like 3

On 2/12/2022 at 11:00 PM, Obtena.7952 said:

Hot Take: Devastation is too good and needs a nerf before Anet can balance any of the other traits. OPed things hold classes back, not the things that need buffs. 

That's not a hot take. Everyone knows how insanely overpowered devastation (battle scars) is. But Icerazor's Ire will also need an adjustment. 20 casts of 2 vulnerability will always have insane synergy with battle scars no matter how much they nerf the latter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All I want is for Shiro to reduce energy cost and cooldown in exchange for removing some skill bloat. 
As for Traits, I want any stupid trait which Refreshes when using an Elite skill removed or reworked. I'm sick and tired of them and they take up slots because that kitten is so useless. 

• Like 1

Post is a bit hyperbole. Revenant does have it's ways around to be played as it is currently, if that doesn't suit you perhaps you shouldn't be playing it.

Shiro/Jalis combo is honestly better than a lot lead it to be, got way more options to play around with compared Shiro/Glint.

I just can't take you seriously if you think RotGD is bad, it literally doubles your/anyone's HP for 5 seconds. Shiro has plenty quickness to speed it up, Spirit Boon and Glaring Resolve offer the needed stability if ever.

I rarely ever used Charged Mists, even less with the nerf. It's really overhyped when SotM exists as a great if not better alternative, Jalis effect is extremely powerful too. You hardly want to have more energy when you can have instant effects that replicates closely existing skills for less effort.

Probably you're just about PvE but in PvP Core Revenant is sorely underestimated, the skill ceiling is pretty high but also pretty rewarding.

As much as people want Sword/Sword because it looks cool, back then Axe was the go to weapon for damage and it is still respectable to this day, unblockable AoE power burst? Not something everyone knows about. Besides it's not until they completely shoehorned the idea that Sword needs to deal damage when it was a sustain weapon, they could have easily reworked to deal somewhat better damage without removing what made it interesting.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Thanks 1