What stats do you recommend for mechanist?

Brycar.2651

That highly depends on the type of Mechanist you want to be. Do you want to focus on strike damage or condition damage or support? What gamemode are you talking about? It's going to be different for open world than for strikes and it's going to be different for wvw than for pvp.

Also keep in mind that there will have been changes since the last time we played the Mechanist so no one (outside of Anet) knows whether advice for the previous verison of the Mechanist still holds up.

Personally (as someone who plays mostly open world PvE, story and low level fractals) I decided to go with Celestial gear and Divinity runes for now. That way I can easily swap between power, condi and support roles. Remember that the Mech takes part of your stats (and a greater percentage of a few stats based on your Major Master traits). In the long run I might lock into one specific role and choose a stat set based on that. But like I said, all that also depends on the final version of the Mechanist and we simply don't know how that turns out yet. 

• Like 1

There's a few ways to do it, depending on what you want to do:

• Berserkers: Good for lolling about in the overworld and being DPS in low-requirement group PVE.
  • Marauders: Same as Berserkers, except more personal health.  This is O.K. for WvW and solo PVE with hard content
  • Vipers: This is good f you hate yourself, but you also want to do competitive condition damage.  
  • Diviner: This is great for the support spec, and it is also what you'll probably be using in instanced PVE.
  • Harrier: Not gonna lie, I don't expect there to be many "heal" mechanists, but if that should happen Harrier would be the best healer set.  

1 minute ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

There's a few ways to do it, depending on what you want to do:

• Berserkers: Good for lolling about in the overworld and being DPS in low-requirement group PVE.
  • Marauders: Same as Berserkers, except more personal health.  This is O.K. for WvW and solo PVE with hard content
  • Vipers: This is good f you hate yourself, but you also want to do competitive condition damage.  
  • Diviner: This is great for the support spec, and it is also what you'll probably be using in instanced PVE.
  • Harrier: Not gonna lie, I don't expect there to be many "heal" mechanists, but if that should happen Harrier would be the best healer set.  

There is no way you would see diviner in pve. with boon traits the golem will do like 4k dps. diviner core power engi without toolbelts cant even reach 20k. condi core with 2 traitlines pushes you to 32k+. 

In pve its either berserker for afk open world gameplay, viper, ritualist or a healer build which could use a lot of stats. celestial could be a decent hybrid aswell.

In instanced pve it will be either viper for full dps

Ritualist alac hybrid 

Or minstrel/harrier healer or even cele healer dps hybrid in fracs.

4 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

There is no way you would see diviner in pve. with boon traits the golem will do like 4k dps. diviner core power engi without toolbelts cant even reach 20k. condi core with 2 traitlines pushes you to 32k+. 

In pve its either berserker for afk open world gameplay, viper, ritualist or a healer build which could use a lot of stats. celestial could be a decent hybrid aswell.

In instanced pve it will be either viper for full dps

Ritualist alac hybrid 

Or minstrel/harrier healer or even cele healer dps hybrid in fracs.

There's a problem with using Ritualist: Support Mechanist has no way to actually do damage while supporting with it.  They can't take the condi traits because they need to take the mutually exclusive boon traits.  The mechanist needs to camp the mace in order to output steady alacrity and there's no toolbelt skills to further boost damage.  This means that the mechanist can't quickly flip through all of their kits to do damage, because otherwise all of the boons fall off of their teammates.  Shift Signet and Overlocked Signet are necessary for the boon build, primarily to keep the mech alive but also to increase the mech's attack speed to let it give more might.  To top it off, the condi rotation is arguably the hardest rotation in the game, which is why condi engineers are very rarely seen.  All core comparisons are irrelevant.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

There's a problem with using Ritualist: Support Mechanist has no way to actually do damage while supporting with it.  They can't take the condi traits because they need to take the mutually exclusive boon traits.  The mechanist needs to camp the mace in order to output steady alacrity and there's no toolbelt skills to further boost damage.  This means that the mechanist can't quickly flip through all of their kits to do damage, because otherwise all of the boons fall off of their teammates.  Shift Signet and Overlocked Signet are necessary for the boon build, primarily to keep the mech alive but also to increase the mech's attack speed to let it give more might.  To top it off, the condi rotation is arguably the hardest rotation in the game, which is why condi engineers are very rarely seen.  All core comparisons are irrelevant.

Thats why i wrote condi core engi with 2 traitlines. Core comparisions arent irrelevant because the golem is just passive dmg on top.

It depends a lot on the release balance. currently mace is just bad but it doesnt even have to be that good to surpass mh pistol. The golem might trait has 1sec icd so quickness wont do that much. its 3k dps though and probably still stronger than a 4th kit. 

Heal mech and condi mech will be your best pve options unless they buff mace. Every other alac build is as strong as dps power mech. it is that bad. There is no mod in the mech traitline and you lose grenade barrage + bob. Power mech shouldnt be a build at all. its a 2 button build. it should never be good.

Mechanist works best as a condi spec, but can also function pretty well as a pure healer. The mech still does decent-ish damage even if you have no offensive stats. I predict that the best stats to use will be 

Viper/Grieving - Highest DPS option

Celestial - Potentially best hybrid option for condi alac mech. 

Plaguedoctor - Support option with higher condi damage

Ritualist - Even higher condi dps but with less barrier 

Minstrel/Giver - Pure boon support/Tank. You might see this in WvW zerg play or as a tank for raids. 

I've already got a full set of celestial gear that I use for Fractals and WvW so I plan on using that. I'll have to wait and see what new runes we get before determining what the best rune will be. 

Leadership is looking like a good candidate right now, but time will tell. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I recomend full magi with runes of rebirth (2031 healing stats) for max barrier and 45% boon dura

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PejAk6lZwaZuMPWKeqTbRVA-zxIYwoh/MqWBkuEwuzS7bWA-e

Your duo will be Quicknes Condi Harbringer :

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PSAFoE1aYZGMQWKjl1il6UfUF-zRRYmRwIH98nSLChUlAprCCRQ51TAAA-e

You put 5-6k perm barrier on your team might/alac and rest 

And Harbringer provide dmg, quickness and blood magic (ressing/healing from siphion dmg)

You both will be unstopable combo 

halac+qcdps

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430