11. In the Name of the Law timegate bug [Merged]

So regarding the fight at the end of this mission.. what is the deal with the sniper?

I was aiming to get both achievements done in this one and don't get me started on the beat the enemies in the time limit, even on a pure glass canon that timed out before I could even get to the final phase of the battle so yea that one needs some serious rechecking.

But the last phase with the sniper really got on my nerves and screwed up my no downed achievement, she leaves the fight multiple times to one shot you from afar.
Earlier in the same fight your ally NPC puts up a shield to block this.
In the final phase there is no shield, there is nothing absolutely NOTHING!! to protect me from that sniper shot, and no it' can't be dodged either.
I thought maybe I could hide behind the golem, maybe that would take the hit instead but no it goes right through it and instant downs you.

So, wtf am I supposed to do to get those achievements?.
Sure I could probably get the timed one if I decide to use a super high 40-50K DPS build and play that flawlessly but the no downstate one is as far as I can see impossible to get.

This mission honestly feels like the story mode variant is actually scaled for group content and not for a single player.

Edited by Teratus.2859
  • Confused 1

So i'm doing the quest in Chapter 11 leading up to this step only to find out i had done it an hour before while doing a heart. Now im stuck for another 24 hours because i need this repeatable hero point to move the story along. Why the hell would you put a 24 gate in front of a story quest. Now i have to stand around hoping someone comes along and launches it!

I just came across this same issue. I did this hero point on my main character and then came back to do the story and it wont let me fight him. I waited at the hero point until someone else triggered it and it counted for the story.

Edited by Bobet.7683
update

4 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

The most recent game update included a fix for this, so you should be good to go!

it might be worth double checking the other 2 story steps involving HPs: the one early on where you have to do the training ground stuff, and the one where you have talk to the Yao's friend the HP, before you do the Jade Bot stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2022 at 5:49 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

The most recent game update included a fix for this, so you should be good to go!

it's not fixed, I can't progress, I'm in step, beat up the bigot, i don't have next step: Meet with captain Min(i saw the next step  in youtube), please help me, you can't reset chapter 11 if is necessary, but help me because i can't to continue with my story

Just now, seawolf.9431 said:

it's not fixed, I can't progress, I'm in step, beat up the bigot, i don't have next step: Meet with captain Min(i saw the next step  in youtube), please help me, you can't reset chapter 11 if is necessary, but help me because i can't to continue with my story

i wanna say: you can to reset my chapter 11 if is necessary

On 3/2/2022 at 4:57 PM, Bobet.7683 said:

I just came across this same issue. I did this hero point on my main character and then came back to do the story and it wont let me fight him. I waited at the hero point until someone else triggered it and it counted for the story.

were you able to progress in your story? i am stuck in beat up the bigot, is check it, but i don't hav next step

I am not sure if anybody has mentioned this here before, but not only is this bug still not fixed it's borked in a worse way that one may think: the timegate is actually account-wide.

So, if you did map completion in New Kaineng with any of your characters on that day you can not do it on any other character and you can not get past that story step on any character of that account unless you get lucky and another player starts it for you.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I've beaten up the bigot multiple times, but the game is stuck and won't let me progress in the story. I've tried quitting the chapter and restarting it, but it's still not progressing.

Update: I ended up selecting a different chapter in EoD (previously I tied a different chapter in PoF) and then went back to chapter 11 and had to redo it from the start, bit it works now.

Edited by Leven Carby.1704

• 5 months later...