New Cantha Guild Hall too small

On 3/21/2022 at 12:43 PM, Kelly.7019 said:

someone make a video and post it here. i learned too late how to glitch thru walls after my guild left WSH and haven't been able to get back there yet. I know of the hole to look thru in the mine but haven't been in there.  I know if you go up super high u can griify over the south east wall. but i need videos! pls someone!

OK video made.  This shows how to bypass the invisible barriers in the guildhall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/2/2022 at 8:02 PM, Joraan Adenard.2061 said:

What about the music ? It has no music, unlike Gilded Hollow and Lost Precipice. Even worse, the only way to add music to it is to choose between SAB and the core cities, wtf ? What about that gorgeous Shing Jea music, can't we AT LEAST add that to the list ? It's extremely disappointing.

THISS !! i dont mind the size but not having music in it its sooooo sad!, i wish they add more music in guild halls we only have the very base cities and most of em dont match the theme of ANY guild hall :\

Canthan guild hall is small enough that i really think it could be a second home instance (home away from home) kind of thing: a personal instance that you could decorate, but alas!, Anet said they won't make any player housing, so i'm bummed. i'll just keep using Lost Precipice as my personal guild home, since it's the only one with an airship

8 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

OK video made.  This shows how to bypass the invisible barriers in the guildhall.

ok that is a video of that but i meant video in Windswept  Haven of inside the mine and the scorpion room, ya know the "Secret" areas. 😄

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 2:38 PM, Ronin.4501 said:

I completely understand that feeling...I've shown off my completed guildhall in Lost Precipice dozens of times and even made a video tour, which is posted in one of the comments above.  I also fully decorated my former guild's hall in Windswept Haven, but as you said, almost no one ever bothered to look.  Most of the members in my former guild used the guildhall for the bank access or the nodes. But I've also encountered other guilds who are very active in using their guildhalls, so it's hard to judge overall. (For the record, my previous guild was a WvW-focused guild, so not the typical type of player who would be interested in decorating).

As to coming up with a means by which others could access your hall for a tour, I don't know how that would work.  With only 4 different guildhalls, I can only imagine a list in the 1000s or 10,000s if there were some sort of a drop-down list for accessing every guild's guildhall for tours.  I like the idea behind it, I just don't know how it would work.

Well guild hall is interesting. but a friendslist is a simple drop down to their name and click on view hall. now maybe there would be a feature to select a primary hall where people would get ported to if you were offline and not repping it. kind of like how you select which guild u want to officially represent in wvw betas. (not a perfect system but an idea). This method might work better if we could decorate our personal instances. Then you'd set one of your instances as primary and if you're in a guild or use your friendslist you can drop down to anyones name and select visit their instance. they don't have to be online or in a party with you. Just guildies and friends- it at least gives more opportunities then what we have now.

On 3/3/2022 at 12:01 AM, REDR.2540 said:

Someone understand us! We are a RP guild and we made so many beautiful places to roleplay inside the golden cave that everyone that enter LOVE IT! And now that we want some "fresh air" we cant do anything good here!

I am curious what is a RP Hall? Do you have many hangout places for social gathering?

My GH has a number of special areas and interactive structures. I have many signages put up all over the place. I like to explain what is happening or the purpose of that place. Like telling a story with signages. I suppose this is considered as roleplaying? 😄

Edited by Mil.3562

11 hours ago, Kelly.7019 said:

ok that is a video of that but i meant video in Windswept  Haven of inside the mine and the scorpion room, ya know the "Secret" areas. 😄

Unfortunately after going through all of my screenshots taken back then (I didn't know how to make videos back then), these are the only images I could find; they're all of the hidden cave room in the mine in Windswept Haven (accessed by following the cart tracks that lead into a wall of rubble; just walk through the rubble...it's an illusion). 

https://imgur.com/cajTfR2

https://imgur.com/Nc6ZWbr

https://imgur.com/h93I0Lo

The third image shows the whole room (the coffin and slothasor mushrooms were added in).  Sadly I don't have any screenshots of the scorpion room (that I can find anyways), but you can access the scorpion room by placing a portal mirror exit inside the room.

I need to buy some more djinn portals now 😄 but in the mean time you can still get to the 1 "Reversed L shaped island" the old fashioned way just climb up high enough and jump over the wall. The wall here makes no sense!

Edited by Kelly.7019

Welp,  i just found a way to get on top of the mine without using a Djinn portal. 😄 You don't have to climb up very high either! If you have a curious mind like me and want to know how to get on top of the roof of the mine very easily go check out that page I mentioned above. I won't be spoiling it here. I thought maybe it was on purpose but after exploring to the Southwest side of the map (which you have access to) i don't think its on purpose because the space gets really thin, but maybe i'm wrong.

here is a wall on one side https://i.imgur.com/NAfnKI0.jpg

and the strong current 2 steps back https://i.imgur.com/3v8OeWO.jpg

but you can move around in that lil space free to decorate. lol

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 2

A huge disappointment here as well, the only huge thing in the guildhall to be honest. My main-guild had Gilded Hollow fully decorated with tons of custom areas, jumping puzzles, two forests and a lot of other cool stuff. We have agreed that we would first take a look at the new one, before claiming it. People only saw the cantha-theme and wanted to switch instantly. Our members were so disappointed about all the locked places, even with the further exploration upgrade unlocked.

I was never happier to have picked Windswept Haven for my convenience guild. It was already tiny compared to the Heart of Thorns one, but it had a lot of options to give it an unique design.

The lack of guildhall music is also something that really bothers me. I was looking forward to this, as I used some asia-style theme for my convenience guild. The seitung-province theme or even the thing from character-selection would have fit so well 🤤

The only thing I am sort-of happy about are the large and deep water-areas. Finally some decent terrain to train underwater-decorating. I still want to make a dungeon one day. But with the decoration-tool we have, it is going to be tough.

Note: Looking at the various methods listed in this thread, regarding getting behind the walls. You people think way too complicated. But I am quite impressed about the creativity. 

• Haha 1