Anyone knows how to get a better fishing Rod?

There's the striped rod (rare) from Seitung Province fishing area. It's just a skin though. The only other one I've seen is from Arborstone... the Spiritwood Fishing Rod. It's locked behind an extensive achievement though. Don't know whether it does anything else apart from glow though.

• Like 1

What Cel said.

So far there seems to be only two additional fishing rods. The vendors are Lin in Seitung and Ukyo Seafeather in Arborstone.
The first rod has same +25 fishing power bonus and looks the same as default but has stripes on it. Ukyo is unlocked with the first Arborstone Revitalization mastery. He is wielding the blue glowing fishing rod but sells it only after you complete 30 fishing achievements (Cod Swimming Amongst Mere Minnows).

• Like 1

According to the release notes for EoD fishing rods are purely cosmetic, it's only the bait and the lure which increases your fishing power:

Your fishing gear can be changed via the new Fishing section of the Equipment tab in the Hero panel, where the following can be found:

• Fishing Rod: Determines the visual look of your fishing rod, which never breaks or needs to be changed out unless you want a new look!
  • Bait: A new stackable item type that helps catch specific fish from around the world, grants bonus fishing power, and decrements only after successful catches.
  • Lure: A new item type with numerous charges that grants bonus fishing power and decrements only after successful catches.
  • Fishing Power: A new attribute that makes fishing easier by increasing the size of your marker in the minigame as well as increasing your chance of getting fish of a higher rarity.

•  
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Miss Lana.5276 said:

Under the gathering tools section of the wardrobe you can see the fishing rod skins.

Also, EoD JUST released. The likelihood is they're busy fixing bugs and tweaking things. Be patient.

Yes, definitely. I am not getting the option to buy the item and it shows as locked in my Wardrobe.

25 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Dont you have to finish the atm locked fishing collections to buy the rod?

Ah, so there is a pre-requisite?

I was told in map chat that you could buy it from the NPC, no one mentioned "...after you finished [x] collection."

Which one is it? 🙂 The meta one for which you need to have done all fishing achievements? ("Cod Swimming Amongst Mere Minnows") I thought that one was only required for the Ghostly Fishing Rod at Arborstone.

Edit: We were both wrong. You don't require any collection, but I'd been checking on the wrong vendor, too! 😄

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Haha 1

Found another one. Kind of. It's a fishing rod staff skin you get in Bjora Marches from the karma icon vendor Humble Stone in the camp of the 2nd part of the map. Still Waters Fishing Rod. Also locked behind the Reel It In achievement that you have to get gold in a bunch of Kodan fishing tournaments for.

• Confused 1

Yeah, the still waters fishing rod is a staff skin, using it currently on my daredevil so he has "rodception" going when fishing. :classic_biggrin:

Also, they've temporarily disabled the 'Avid Fisher' repeatable achievements so currently there's no way of completing the needed 30 collections for 'Cod Swimming Mere Minnows'. There's 16 normal ones and 14 avid fishing collections.

• Haha 1