Vindicator Suggestion - Make Alliance Legend icon signal which side is active.

Monochromicorn.9785

5 hours ago, Ustaf.2953 said:

At this point can't they just make arcehemorus and saint Victor two separate legends and get rid of alliance tactics.

Seems like that would fix most of the buggy stuff

Jesus, yes, so much this.

Rework F1-2-3 to be Victor (hard-coded), Archie (hard-coded), whatever (free to choose). F4 remains "gimme endurance and some stuff". Have F1-2-3 share a cooldown. Yes, it feels like EleBrand. Whatever. At least it functions.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Ustaf.2953 said:

At this point can't they just make arcehemorus and saint Victor two separate legends and get rid of alliance tactics.

Hell no.  Having access to both is actually really helpful in some situations, even when playing full dps or full healer.  An Archemorous/Shiro build would be so insanely glassy without having Viktor as a potential fail-safe.  I'd go as far as saying they'd have to redo both Archemorous and Viktor almost entirely if they were to split them since in some ways they're balanced around having access to each other.  Not to mention it would go completely against what the entire E-spec is about...  Honestly they just need to fix their bugs and tune the class a bit more and it'll be fine. 

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

Hell no.  Having access to both is actually really helpful in some situations, even when playing full dps or full healer.  An Archemorous/Shiro build would be so insanely glassy without having Viktor as a potential fail-safe.  I'd go as far as saying they'd have to redo both Archemorous and Viktor almost entirely if they were to split them since in some ways they're balanced around having access to each other.  Not to mention it would go completely against what the entire E-spec is about...  Honestly they just need to fix their bugs and tune the class a bit more and it'll be fine. 

You either make it so if you want 1 you have to have both, to keep the duality theme and then balance them as dps offensive, healing defensive respectively around the fact your are locked into both.

Or you do what the guy above said and make them f1 f2 f3 so you still get 1 free choice.

Having a legend swap within a legend is just a weird system honestly

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

Why would u slot Arche and Shiro together? Arche can replace Shiro leaving other more defensive options to pick up in case u dont want to be too glassy

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Ustaf.2953 said:

Careful what you wish for, a lot of what Anet does is not because they wanted it. Much of it has to do with the fact they don't want to spill the beans that could break the game even further.

Revenant has to be one of the most buggy class and for a reason, it was also the last to be released even though they had it planned from the very start. All of that because it appears to be extremely difficult to ever do anything with it. There's just something about legend swapping that if you ever hardly change, everything else falls apart. You can easily tell by how many times they broke swapping mid-air by slightly altering anything.

I do agree that there should be something that tells the player and opponents what stance is currently used since it was the premise of Revenant with the mechanics they have which greatly outweighs the ability of other professions to anticipate. Right now everything is just reactionary which is not really fair.

I'd suggest the same style of effect to display above the players head, show Arch or Viktor icon in the F2 as well. When swapping into Alliance also display who the player summons and when using F3 it should also do the same, who is being currently used.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Why would u slot Arche and Shiro together? Arche can replace Shiro leaving other more defensive options to pick up in case u dont want to be too glassy

Obviously damage and mobility. That’s across all the game modes as well.  Viktor comes in clutch frequently, even in places like instanced PvE where you’d think it wouldn’t be as impactful 

7 hours ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

3 stun breaks,damage,mobility. With staff and the blue alliance sustain is fine. Not to mention you can take the shield dodge

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

And by taking Shiro you have even more mobility.  And for PvE Alliance/Shiro bursts about 20k harder at its peak compared to Shiro/Jalis and has very slightly more sustained damage

Well thats the tradeoff. What if they designed pure dps spec like everyone wanted and there wouldnt be any swap to Viktor just pure dps bar. Would you complain that you are too glassy on Shiro/dps? You already have tools in place to pick up, going pure glass is your choice

34 minutes ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Well thats the tradeoff. What if they designed pure dps spec like everyone wanted and there wouldnt be any swap to Viktor just pure dps bar. Would you complain that you are too glassy on Shiro/dps? You already have tools in place to pick up, going pure glass is your choice

Well that's not what Anet designed. They designed a dual-legend spec with both power and healing/support baked into it.  Changing that to "only Archemorous" or "only Viktor" with a "Legend Split" (as the poster I was initially responding to was suggesting) fundamentally changes that design (which isn't an inherently bad design like some are suggesting) and they would, as I mentioned before, need to re-balance around "only one legend."  The heal skills bare minimum would need to be re-balanced since they are designed to be weak since you have access to two of them with Alliance.  

I also don't understand what that proposed change would accomplish with "splitting to only one alliance legend."  Alliance can already be played as a pure DPS without a "3rd" legend.  Just don't swap to Viktor?  I get that there's the bug right now and it forces Viktor in some situations, but that can and should be fixed

I'm confused though, you say "what if they designed a pure dps spec like everyone wanted" which implies that's what you also want, but earlier you were asking

7 hours ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Which doesn't make sense to me since it should be clear what they're used for and why, especially for those that are interested in a "pure dps" revenant variant.  

The only issue "Full DPS Vindicator" has is that Archemorus is very slightly undertuned for what it provides and could use some co-efficient increases and perhaps a longer daze on Reaver's Rage.  There's really nothing stopping anyone from playing it as a Full Only DPS without using Viktor at all if they so choose.  I'd rather not see the class lose the aspect that makes it interesting (the dual legend) simply because the dps side has not been finely tuned properly yet

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054