Crisis zone does more than all 4 of Catalysts augments combined

Shiyo.3578

1 hour ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crisis_Zone

Also why are augments self target on a support  spec?

Thats simply not true. 

Also catalyst augments are pulsing and this is 1x every 30 sec. 

Also augments are quickness, protection, might and resolution.

Crisis zone is protection, aegis, stability and alac. 

There is only 1 boon that is on augments and crisis zone, which is protection. 

How did it come that u compare these? Sure catalyst could be a bit looked at but seriously, this makes no sense to compare these at all. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, SeTect.5918 said:

How did it come that u compare these? Sure catalyst could be a bit looked at but seriously, this makes no sense to compare these at all. 

The comparison comes because all augments are basically useless or rehashed versions of already existing utilities. And if you would combine a few of them you would end with something like Crisis Zone. That's what he means I guess. The augments are underwhelming themselves, they have no support in traits or runes and fall short compared to other utilities of core ele or weaver.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Flori.2194 said:

The comparison comes because all augments are basically useless or rehashed versions of already existing utilities. And if you would combine a few of them you would end with something like Crisis Zone. That's what he means I guess. The augments are underwhelming themselves, they have no support in traits or runes and fall short compared to other utilities of core ele or weaver.

Well I wouldve compared it rather with https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Barrier_Burst because it would compare better if you want to go for mechanist (does also alac with a trait). Its really better than all augments together. 

Crisis zone still makes not that much sense for me. 

However yes, I fully agree. Augments are really underwhelming.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Thats simply not true. 

Also catalyst augments are pulsing and this is 1x every 30 sec. 

Also augments are quickness, protection, might and resolution.

Crisis zone is protection, aegis, stability and alac. 

There is only 1 boon that is on augments and crisis zone, which is protection. 

Augments are the (really bad) utility skills Catalyst got, not the Jade Sphere (which is the ground AoE with pulsing boons).

Now that I look at Crisis Zone, I see that it absolutely obliterates the crappy Augments.

Edited by Avatara.1042

4 hours ago, Avatara.1042 said:

Augments are the (really bad) utility skills Catalyst got, not the Jade Sphere (which is the ground AoE with pulsing boons).

Now that I look at Crisis Zone, I see that it absolutely obliterates the crappy Augments.

Ah somehow I had the spheres in mind. 

However. 

Now I also see why OP compared to them. 

My bad. Sorry. Idk why I had the spheres in my mind but they r also not that good. 

Edited by SeTect.5918

7 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

Yeah, they really aren't. They don't move and only tick 1 whole second of quickness, AND you can only have 1 up at a time. Catalyst doesn't make sense as a support spec.

U rly can only have 1 up? xD Wow they are even worse than I thought.

9 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

Pet eng mechanest is better then any thing ele can do atm but say the orbs (they will be nerfed like all other hit box effects have been) so its not that shocking. Anet i think has abandoned the ele class.

Don't worry, Anet waited for another spec to have pets to give Mechanist what Ranger should have had from inception ;).

When the pet profession is far worse than the new pet elite spec.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Zenith.7301 said:

Don't worry, Anet waited for another spec to have pets to give Mechanist what Ranger should have had from inception ;).

Its funny... or sad... that the best pet e-spec is not on ranger.

14 hours ago, Zenith.7301 said:

In this game and pve environment pets that do things and whom can take a few hits are far stronger then classes with out. Eng more so then other classes due to kits filling full rolls in them self. You can say the same for spvp to a point and wvw strong pets are week but weak spamable pets are strong.

Its really about ele being comparison to any other class. Ele is always going to be the worst class in that comparison.

21 hours ago, Zenith.7301 said:

Imagine if rangers didn't have any pets while in the water, and their pet abilities took up trait selections with little to no benefit to the ranger, and literally 75% of your character power was tied up in the pet rather than your own character, so if it dies you become useless.

That's mechanist right now.  People are just too blinded by the shiny new green bot to see all the issues it has (issues which were brought up dozens of times over 6 months of beta testing and completely ignored by anet).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/8/2022 at 4:25 PM, Shiyo.3578 said:

Yeah, they really aren't. They don't move and only tick 1 whole second of quickness, AND you can only have 1 up at a time. Catalyst doesn't make sense as a support spec.

You can have more than one up at the same time but from different elements, and it's base 1 second per tick. Investing in some boon duration and there is not as much trouble keeping up quickness and people usually need to stack for boon uptime anyways. But I will agree that it's not as easy as say firebrand using shouts and meditations. 

Augments however I can't comment on because I'd have nothing constructive to say regarding my opinion on them😅