EoD and DE meta is the moment GW2 turned from a solo RPG to a true MMO, and it must be defended.

43 minutes ago, EdreasEloyen.9410 said:

I'm very impressed how factual you can argument by going "are you from hello kitty online". What does any game preference of a person or a game background per se say about the argument at all? Exactly THAT tone makes a discussion and community toxic, instead of talking about the fact starting to attack the person behind the post, and sorry by doing that now myself but it had to be said.

Again, my point is why should you REQUIRE an outside tool to be successful at an event of a game? If it is a requirement to use a voice channel then it should be integrated in the game, else the game (or in this case event) is not well made!

Of course, the social aspect of a game can be easily and in a fun way deepened with being together in a voice channel, cracking jokes and have a blast, but when it's a requirement to prevail in an event the voice chat should be in some way integrated into the game. Else it's optional and a fun social event on it's own, even when many people do use them in MMOs but it's no must do (btw, yes, I do have Discord and yes I do voice myself while raiding, but that's no requirement at all in raids to succeed).

And to counter any "then make suggestions instead of ranting", I've did, here: Suggestion to enhance Jade Sea meta

I think it'd be very difficult to make a voice app that works as well as discord. Or a dozen other voice chat programs. I get the point but i think discord is too synonymous with pc gaming at this point for it to be a serious obstacle. Theres better uses of development time.